Will Gustaffson and DC be remembered-

ermac88

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How will Gustafsson and DC be remembered in the event they both lose to Jones?

We frequently hear on the forum that Jones hasnt accomplished anything;
He's beaten chumps, MW's and the 5 former champs he beat were irrelevant.

Will Gustafsson and DC be disregarded and relegated to irrelevance as well if Jones beats them?

What might we hear?

"They never had any top 10 wins at LHW".
"They were just never really any good"

I think if Jones beats Gus in Sept, then people will remember Gus as the guy that beat Jones once and lost to him once.

People hate greatness personally I love it. JBJ is the LeBron of MMA

I'll remember them as the great fighters that they are. To many people give shit what others think.

If DC and Gus both lose to Jones then they'll be remembered as the guys who fought for the light heavyweight title after Jones vacated to move up to heavyweight, and one of them will be remembered as the next UFC light heavyweight champion.

How will Jon be remembered if he gets beaten by one of them?

"Fought aging champs"?

"Good timing"?

"Never that good to begin with"?

Gus will be remembered for his historic battle with Jones that most thought he won. I doubt DC will be remembered, his style isn't fan friendly... but maybe thats how people remember him, as boring.

How will Gustafsson and DC be remembered in the event they both lose to Jones?

DC: will be known for slamming Barnett, defeating Bigfoot and winning the SF heavyweight tourney ( to more hardcore fans/ former SF fans)

Gus: Will be known for dominating tough ass fighters like showgoon, thiago silva and for his epic first fight with Jones.

The casual fan: does not give a shit about any of this and will not remember either if they don't achieve the belt.

Jones and DC will suddenly become overrated if they lose, like Silva, Fedor, etc.

Gus is something different though. He became really popular after he lost to Davis, even though he got finished. My not-even-casual fans who watched the fight said Gus looked amazing and he only lost because he tested his submission skills. Now a close loss to Jones made him almost a legend. Gus' best win is a way out of prime Shogun, and the fight was somewhat competitive.

If Gus gets demolished like he will. He will be disregarded like he should. His best win is over a shaky Shogun.

DC has some nice wins at HW and was an olympian. He's good.

if gus gets demolished like he will. He will be disregarded like he should. His best win is over a shaky shogun.

Dc has some nice wins at hw and was an olympian. He's good.

0/10.

You only hear
"He's beaten chumps, MW's and the 5 former champs he beat were irrelevant."

When someone compares Jones to god and finds god to be lacking.

They will be some of his best wins.

Gus will lose respect because he doesn't have the resume, DC's resume is undeniable.

Back