Will Gus try takedowns vs Rumble?

Do Shertards make up shit as they go along?

Rumble is a natural heavyweight. Gus is only 1-2 inches taller than Rumble. Jones was 6 inches taller than DC. Rumble was fighting underweight at welterweight, he missed weight all the time.

Really?

I should have used Google to get my facts in order prior to posting.... I'll remember next time, gosh do I feel dumb...

You know nothing about Rumble do you?

Rumble is a natural heavyweight. Gus is only 1-2 inches taller than Rumble. Jones was 6 inches taller than DC. Rumble was fighting underweight at welterweight, he missed weight all the time.

arlovski-vs-johnson-wsof2.jpg

Its not like he is the smallest HW ever but yah...Gus is gonna be the bigger guy

Gus should work on his RNC.

Why? His RNC is great, it's his best sub by far.

Thiago, Shogun, and Jimi were all fights he should have finished. He has not mauled anyone sucessfully since beating a 11 year past his prime Vladimir.

He almost had Thiago finished in the first half minute of their fight. Shogun was rocked badly too on a couple occasions in their fight, but he used to have one hell of a chin. And Jimi? He _did_ finish Jimi and it was brutal. He mauled him, literally, with a big knee, uppercuts and hammer fists. Quit talking out of your ass because you haven't seen these fights, clearly.

My good man have you seen Rumble lately? Gus lost to Phil Davis's wrestling Rumble got wrestling, if Gus feels he's strong enough to hold that bull of a man down then by all means take him down.

But I would suggest he stand, move, & dance around Rumble pick & peck with kicks & jabs slow his roll and suck his thin lungs, then work him good when he stumbles to follow you. With that said WAR RUMBLE!!!!!

My good man have you seen Rumble lately? Gus lost to Phil Davis's wrestling Rumble got wrestling, if Gus feels he's strong enough to hold that bull of a man down then by all means take him down.

But I would suggest he stand, move, & dance around Rumble pick & peck with kicks & jabs slow his roll and suck his thin lungs, then work him good when he stumbles to follow you. With that said WAR RUMBLE!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Gustafsson's loss to davis is about as relevant as rumble's losses to koscheck and vitor.

Its not like he is the smallest HW ever but yah...Gus is gonna be the bigger guy

Probably a bad photo, AA is pretty tall though.

Johnson looked fucking HUGE in some of the open workout footage I've seen, much thicker than GUS and had that TST syndrome. I'll never understand how he could cut to WW, it must of absolutely destroyed him...he must of had some insane coaches who thought he should fight at WW.

Rumble broke Arlovski's jaw in the 1st round. It was great and painful for me to see since I'm a fan of both.

Gus lost to Phil Davis's wrestling Rumble got wrestling

He stuffed Phil on his first 4 or 5 takedowns and he did it with ease. He even almost took Phil down and this was while he was a part-time fighter. And this was a fight that happened nearly 5 years ago. Jones got 1 out of 11 takedown attempts and could not keep him there dude, think about that for a second. Rumble won't be taking him down.

He seems to be getting pretty good and pretty consistent with the eye pokes emulating his similarly long-reached nemesis in Jones. Let's see if the trend continues with Johnson.

Rumble couldn't even stop Koscheck, couple of wins and he's superman?? So over rated. Gus wins easy.

he was cutting a ridiculous amount of weight. hell, he lost to rich clementi too. but at lhw he's a much better fighter. beating phil davis is no small feat.

He stuffed Phil on his first 4 or 5 takedowns and he did it with ease. He even almost took Phil down and this was while he was a part-time fighter. And this was a fight that happened nearly 5 years ago. Jones got 1 out of 11 takedown attempts and could not keep him there dude, think about that for a second. Rumble won't be taking him down.

Fact is fight happend 5yr, 10yrs, 20, it's reference material for comparison, also fact Phil won no matter how many 4 or 5 stuffed. I also stated if Gus wants to take Rumble down then by all means do. I just don't see Gus strong enough to control that rage of Rumble for any meaningful time Gus is already crying for Rumble to be tested.

Fact is fight happend 5yr, 10yrs, 20, it's reference material for comparison, also fact Phil won no matter how many 4 or 5 stuffed. I also stated if Gus wants to take Rumble down then by all means do. I just don't see Gus strong enough to control that rage of Rumble for any meaningful time Gus is already crying for Rumble to be tested.

It's outdated and no longer applies is what it is. You're referencing an event that happened a half decade ago, while Gustafsson was a part-time fighter. That'd be like me bringing up Rumble's losses to lightweight Clementi, welterweight Koscheck and middleweight Vitor. Gustafsson may try to mix it up but his plan will be to knock him out not try to wrestlefuck the guy.

he was cutting a ridiculous amount of weight. hell, he lost to rich clementi too. but at lhw he's a much better fighter. beating phil davis is no small feat.

Phil Davis is a can, old man Nogiera has more mileage than Hendo, gun shy Arlovsky hasn't been relevant since he fought Fedor. Crumble needs to go back down a weight class or three, the guy has a frame reminiscent of Melvin Guillard who fought at 155. I'm really concerned for AJ's well being by fighting at an unnaturally higher weight than he should, he's liable to get maimed in the octagon.

Phil Davis is a can, old man Nogiera has more mileage than Hendo, gun shy Arlovsky hasn't been relevant since he fought Fedor. Crumble needs to go back down a weight class or three, the guy has a frame reminiscent of Melvin Guillard who fought at 155. I'm really concerned for AJ's well being by fighting at an unnaturally higher weight than he should, he's liable to get maimed in the octagon.

yeah, you know basically any fighter can be discredited this way.

JBJ--yeah, rampage--over the hill; shogun--never the same after those injuries; machida--really just a MW; cormier--he's a fat MW whose only real victory at 205 was against old man Hendo; gus--well that guy's not even good and JBJ couldn't even actually beat him! rashad--another blown up MW.

it's a trashy way to think about fighters.

Back