Will GSP follow Condits handbook and frustrate Nicks standup with STICK KICK AND MOVE

Why is this even a fight. Gsp is going to make Diaz look like an amateur. I don't see Diaz beating gsp on anything. We are going to see a gsp highlight reel.
I won't even waste my time watching.

I hope you're betting the farm on this joke of a fight. You will make a fortune!!!

I'm sure there will be some of that, but GSP is also going to power double leg him and is going to beat him up pretty good on the ground. Nicks BJJ is overrated and GSPs underrated. He will easily pass Nicks guard and abuse him with punches and elbows.

Remains to be seen, this will be the best guard guy GSP has faced.

I think Shields has a much better ground game & active guard than Nick. With that said I look for Georges to strike with Diaz for 3/4 of every round and the remaining 1/4 wil be spent performing GnP and looking for submissions. Nick is going to have a hard time imposing his will upon GSP.

GSP can beat him anywhere.

He can utilize movement if he wanted to, but more likely he'll take a lesson from the wrestlers Diaz has faced and just smother him.

We'll hear Diaz complain that GSP is not engaging and that he really didn't lose after the scorecards come back 50-45.

it'll look like the Jake Shields fight imo.. but better..

it's gonna be good!

I was just thinking of how everyone now days seems to realize Nicks achilles heel and if he himself has made adjustments to his game to compensate for that. GSP doesn't look stupid and always looks to get a win without incurring any injuries. If he does his homework it would stand to say the best strategy would be to mimic to some degree Carlos Condit's strat of STICK, KICK and MOVE.

I don't see Diaz having the speed/strength to successfully take GSP down at least right away so that leaves stand up exchanges. It will be a good fight no matter what but I am worried that Nick will get pissed off with GSP not wanting a straight up exchange war , start his shit talking bravado and lose his focus on winning.

Thoughts on how Diaz can pull out a win against GSP if he goes up against someone throwing combos, stalling and moving away out of Nicks range?

What do you mean by "IF"

Lol, as if GSP is going to treat Nick Diaz's guard as a safe position...

I couldn't believe that kid thought staying in guard was safe either:rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator:
GSP won't be afraid of Diaz's guard, that much I'm sure of. Someone with GSP's takedowns and good sub defense is a nightmare matchup for Diaz.

When it comes to striking GSP will do what he usually does and mix up his strikes until Diaz gets complacent and then shoot. Condit had to play the "tap and lap" game because there was no way he was getting Diaz to the ground, and going toe to toe with Diaz in strikes is usually a death sentence.

GSP doesn't have that issue.

I think Shields has a much better ground game & active guard than Nick.

Nick is better off his back than Shields. Shields is a top and back guy.

With that said I look for Georges to strike with Diaz for 3/4 of every round and the remaining 1/4 wil be spent performing GnP and looking for submissions. Nick is going to have a hard time imposing his will upon GSP.

On paper I agree. We'll see if Nick has come up with something to catch distance strikers. He could also just catch Georges with one strike like he did to Lawler.

diaz did not show anything lately, gsp will surely beat him

Didn't Serra drop GSP with a hook? Nick can throw hooks!!

Do you see how stupid this argument sounds?

As if that specific combo or kick is the only way to hurt GSP.

Dumb.

Serra actually caught GSP with a shot to the back of the head numbnuts. that result was proven to be a combination of GSP's lack of focus and lack of preparation. Serra didn't even have a hope in sniffing GSP with a hook, nevermind catching him with shit in the rematch which GSP dominated every aspect of. The simple reality is GSP had not been in any trouble like Condit put him in since that Serra fight, and thats what it took, was a perfectly set up highkick off a combo. Nick Diaz is not a big one shot puncher, but rather a high volume puncher that wears you down over the course of a fight, while forcing you to fight his fight. Nick Diaz is not going to catch GSP with one big shot, and he will not dictate GSP for a second or get GSP off his game, fighting Nick's fight. Please don't pretend to be smart loser.

No, he'll probably opt for the "put Diaz on his back repeatedly" strategy.

Serra actually caught GSP with a shot to the back of the head numbnuts. that result was proven to be a combination of GSP's lack of focus and lack of preparation. Serra didn't even have a hope in sniffing GSP with a hook, nevermind catching him with shit in the rematch which GSP dominated every aspect of. The simple reality is GSP had not been in any trouble like Condit put him in since that Serra fight, and thats what it took, was a perfectly set up highkick off a combo. Nick Diaz is not a big one shot puncher, but rather a high volume puncher that wears you down over the course of a fight, while forcing you to fight his fight. Nick Diaz is not going to catch GSP with one big shot, and he will not dictate GSP for a second or get GSP off his game, fighting Nick's fight. Please don't pretend to be smart loser.

Didn't GSP have a lack of focus when he dropped his guard right before Condit's kick? Shit happens man. I fully expect GSP to shoot in the middle of Nick's combos all night, minimizing the chance that he gets caught in the same manner.

Lots of insults coming from you. If you were a Diaz fan people here would call you "butthurt", or "gotten to".

Relax a little bit there hater.

Didn't GSP have a lack of focus when he dropped his guard right before Condit's kick? Shit happens man. I fully expect GSP to shoot in the middle of Nick's combos all night, minimizing the chance that he gets caught in the same manner.

Lots of insults coming from you. If you were a Diaz fan people here would call you "butthurt", or "gotten to".

Relax a little bit there hater.

there was no insults coming from me in my original post that you replied to. I made a very simple analysis that you took it upon yourself to reply to and break out your own insults. If you don't like the insults, I suggest you don't start with them tough guy.

I see a big difference as to what happened against Condit and what happened against Serra. GSP has fought plenty of heavy handed opponents since Serra and not really been in any direct trouble off a punch. Even someone like Josh Koscheck can hurt you with his fists, and winged overhand right after over hand right in hopes to knock out GSP with one, and he got no where.

I give Condit full credit for what he pulled off on GSP, but Condit is also very dangerous with his hands, and didn't land any significant punch on GSP that wasn't immediately after the high kick in his attempt to go in for the finish.

Against Condit GSP was 100% focused and prepared and was caught with a very skillful execution of a great combination. Against Serra that first fight he was never there to begin with, and the difference in what he brought into the rematch demonstrated that.

Your boy Nick is going to be left a battered fucking mess kid.

I don't care if he does, but I'll log on Sherdog immediately to see the crying.

Serra hit GSP behind the ear, not in the back of the head.

Back