Will fighters contracts be made public?

Dowdy

The OG lurker
@Green
Reaction score
Now that UFC is a public company traded on the stock exchange (code: EDR)

Dana's salary will have to be made public.

I wonder if contracts will be made public?

Any law savvy guys here?

No . Fighters aren't employees technically .

Also has commercial implications to reveal that would be bad for company. There are also privacy issues with the fighters. There is zero chance this happens.

Also has commercial implications to reveal that would be bad for company. There are also privacy issues with the fighters. There is zero chance this happens.
Legally privacy wouldn't really play into it but as of right now agree with you in general it will not happen . I do think it should happen though but here we are lol

Legally privacy wouldn't really play into it but as of right now agree with you in general it will not happen . I do think it should happen though but here we are lol

They signed them with both parties intending them to be private. They can't change that without the consent of the fighter IMO. While some sports disclose payment they don't publish the contracts (I can't think of a major sport which does that).

Besides as a company disclosing expenses it just about what is paid. I used to work for a state run museum where we had to disclose for public record and we would never reveal a contract. In fact we wouldn't even reveal what we paid and would just provide very high level numbers, like total operating expenses with no breakdown of how it was spent.

They signed them with both parties intending them to be private. They can't change that without the consent of the fighter IMO. While some sports disclose payment they don't publish the contracts (I can't think of a major sport which does that).

Besides as a company disclosing expenses it just about what is paid. I used to work for a state run museum where we had to disclose for public record and we would never reveal a contract. In fact we wouldn't even reveal what we paid and would just provide very high level numbers, like total operating expenses with no breakdown of how it was spent.
Yes but my point is if fighters had the bare minimum of the rights that employees have it would be more likely to be disclosed and if they had even an ounce of awareness in terms of what's best for them they'd agree to make their payouts public .

Last edited:
Yes but my point is if fighters had the bare minimum of the rights that employees have it would be disclosed and if they had even an ounce of awareness in terms of what's best for them they'd agree to make their payouts public .

I doubt they will make public employee contracts. Executive payments/contracts are normal to disclose. I don't know of any publicly traded business declaring employee contracts.

Also I don't think making it public would help as much as you think. Since managers usually have a range of fighters on their books they get to see the pay of other fighters anyway.

I doubt they will make public employee contracts. Executive payments/contracts are normal to disclose. I don't know of any publicly traded business declaring employee contracts.

Also I don't think making it public would help as much as you think. Since managers usually have a range of fighters on their books they get to see the pay of other fighters anyway.
Large companies like Starbucks have all it takes is a Google search https://business.linkedin.com/talen...ies-are-sharing-how-much-their-employees-make
But your right most don't and only CEO's and shit usually do . And it absolutely would help fighters , it would push rival promotions to offer better incentives and could slow the UFC from ripping off popular fighters due to the bad publicity

Large companies like Starbucks have all it takes is a Google search https://business.linkedin.com/talen...ies-are-sharing-how-much-their-employees-make
But your right most don't and only CEO's and shit usually do . And it absolutely would help fighters , it would push rival promotions to offer better incentives and could slow the UFC from ripping off popular fighters due to the bad publicity

Pay transparency is different to revealing the contracts with employees.

The UFC will disclose how much they pay fighters, but I imagine they will just do it as a figure for fighter pay for the whole year rather than breaking it down. There seems little purpose breaking this down for a high level view on how the company is performing.

Now that UFC is a public company traded on the stock exchange (code: EDR)

Dana's salary will have to be made public.

I wonder if contracts will be made public?

Any law savvy guys here?
Why do you want this? So you can feel better about yourself while you attack fighters for willingly signing a contract that a stud like any random Sherdogger would NEVER sign?

Pay transparency is different to revealing the contracts with employees.

The UFC will disclose how much they pay fighters, but I imagine they will just do it as a figure for fighter pay for the whole year rather than breaking it down. There seems little purpose breaking this down for a high level view on how the company is performing.
Well we already know that from the lawsuit . UFC pays fighters 20-25% of their revenue(which is very low). I'm not worried about how the companies performing necessarily I'm worried about fighters getting shafted .

If I know one thing for sure, it is that this dude is a corporate attorney if I have ever seen one! I wonder what the need is for people to state as fact, things they know NOTHING about? It's so strange.* Hi, I'm 12 and have zero life experience or any actual understanding of this topic, but here is my idiotic opinion stated as a fact*. Lol

If I know one thing for sure, it is that this dude is a corporate attorney if I have ever seen one! I wonder what the need is for people to state as fact, things they know NOTHING about? It's so strange.* Hi, I'm 12 and have zero life experience or any actual understanding of this topic, but here is my idiotic opinion stated as a fact*. Lol
Wow your really not that bright or interesting or funny for that matter . I can say I know more about this topic then you (because you seem like a dumbass) and am having a casual conversation with fellow sherdogers about the topic of the thread

Let's be honest, sherdoggers want them public so they can bitch and moan about what they are getting paid and say everyone should get 100 million dollars a fight.

But why should they be public.

Should your wage as a teacher, doctor or plumber be public knowledge?

Yes but my point is if fighters had the bare minimum of the rights that employees have it would be more likely to be disclosed and if they had even an ounce of awareness in terms of what's best for them they'd agree to make their payouts public .
No. Public companies disclose pay of their leadership positions. It’s unlikely even Dana’s salary will be disclosed as he’s not a leader for the parent company.

No. Public companies disclose pay of their leadership positions. It’s unlikely even Dana’s salary will be disclosed as he’s not a leader for the parent company.

Back