will everyday training hurt anything?

mikem20

White Belt
Reaction score
well i for the most part go to the gym to lift every other day and the days im not going to the gym i hit my heavy bag for about 1.5 hrs and i do cardio work on those days also. i rest 1 day a week . sometimes 2 if i get hurt or something but thats rare. but im just wondering if this gives the muscles enough time to heal right or no? im not usually too sore at all since ive been lifting for years now but i dunno. i usually drink one of them ABB protein muscle recovery drinks after i lift. and another question i had is sleep. i tend to not get to sleep till around 12-1ish everynight. i jsut cant sleep but i also dont get up till 9-10. is this ok or is this hurting performance also?

I am not sure but I think that professionnal athletes train every day. If they can do it, maybe this means your training won't hurt anything?

ya thats what i was thinkin. i mean when i was in HS and did wrestling we trained real hard every day except sunday. but i also didnt lift weights like i do now back then either. i dunno . mentally i can do it but i dont want to find out one day that i actually need to use what i know and i cant cause im too weak for going everyday or somethin..

it really depends on the intensity levels of the activities. so how overall intense your week is and devise your rest from that.

As yomon said it depends on the intensity. Also if you just jump straight into hard training you will overtrain quickly.
Build over over some time the number of sessions and intensity till your where you want to be.
In thailand we trained 2* a day from mon-sat, sun off. It took me in all honesty 2 weeks to get used to it (so that I wasn't dead by thursday).

If your training a lot at a decent level, be preapred to eat more and take naps

If you are doing different things, you may be ok. Alternating cardio and weights and doing different kinds of splits will let specific muscle groups rest.

Back