Will Elder Scrolls 6 Ever Come Out?

I played ESO when it first came out and it was trash. If they have a big player base it must have improved dramatically since then.

Updates are getting good feedback and they launched Morrowind, means more users. These types are easy to pick up, especially for kids who are low on cash, like GTA online and this. That number is massive. Haven't played ESO myself at all, as it looked like they messed up everything what makes TES good.

That's the million dollar question.

I don't mind waiting as long as the game isnt riddled with bugs.

Fallout 4 was amazing. Guess living up to the hype would be impossible with the amount of attention the series gets, but I've put 412 hours into FO4 and still debate playing through it again.

That's the million dollar question.

I don't mind waiting as long as the game isnt riddled with bugs.

Fallout 4 was amazing. Guess living up to the hype would be impossible with the amount of attention the series gets, but I've put 412 hours into FO4 and still debate playing through it again.
I did 1 full playthrough of FO4 and I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't understand the criticism it got. I thought it was a great game. But like it's been stated, expectations can be a bitch for such a lauded franchise.

I think I'm over Bethesda.

After The Witcher 3, consequences will never be the same.

But... Skyrim absolutely shits on Witcher 3? I love W3 but it's just not in the same league.

I did 1 full playthrough of FO4 and I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't understand the criticism it got. I thought it was a great game. But like it's been stated, expectations can be a bitch for such a lauded franchise.

Fallout 4 (and even moreso in VR) is one of the most underrated RPG's available. It demonstrates precisely why games like Witcher 3 won't have legs in the future. Fallout 4 can be played in a variety of ways, modded to your wits end and expanded on in ways that break out of the RPG uniform, etc. It's amazing, Skyrim does the same thing, they are genuinely some of the most interesting and deep IP's on the market and again whilst I love Witcher 3 it's like a shallow pool in comparison when it comes to variety.

The stealth aspect of Bestheda games alone is superior to anything in the Witcher series when it comes to immersion. The bow in Skyrim and it's physics alone are better than any combat aspect of Witcher 3, etc, etc.

You might be in small company with this opinion.

You're probably right but I could make some really convincing arguments (probably for both games).

I genuinely love both games and have played them each respectively to completion. I keep coming back to Bethesda worlds whereas the only thing making me return to Witcher 3 at this point is the occasional game of Gwent.

You're probably right but I could make some really convincing arguments (probably for both games).

I genuinely love both games and have played them each respectively to completion. I keep coming back to Bethesda worlds whereas the only thing making me return to Witcher 3 at this point is the occasional game of Gwent.
Let's not also forget that there's a five-year gap between the development of these games, so it might be an unfair comparison.

What it comes down to for me is that the worst aspects of the Witcher 3 (combat, some UI elements, and overwhelming dialogue) annoy me far less than the worst aspects of Skyrim (fetch quests / cave-clearing on a candlelight spell that needs to be casted every 60 seconds).

I really hope so, I bought Skyrim for my ps4, it looks good and plays quite well, too. But we could really use an upgrade, a next-gen experience. To make up for Fallout 4.

I hope not any time soon. Huge fan, but the franchise has devolved into a linear action cookie cutter I.e skyrim

The chest board was made smaller and the rules more strict with skyrim it was pretty but not the same with what I enjoyed with oblivion and morrowind

So saw this article on IGN this morning, thought I’d post it here.

https://www.ign.com/articles/elder-scrolls-6-news-years-from-now-starfield

Fucking lol/smh at don’t expect any NEWS on TES 6 for YEARS. Not just the release of the game itself but just NEWS about it. YEARS.

<36>

They basically just announced it in 2018 to save their E3 from being garbage. The worthless announcement trailer pretty much indicated they hadn't started on the game yet. Didn't even have a title.

Well thank god they gave us a Fall Out MMO to give us endless pleasure until then.

We'll most likely see Starfield at Bethesda's event this year. Hopefully it's good.

A reminder that The Elder Scrolls 6 is very far away
Polygon said:
That probably comes as little surprise, but with the goal of setting expectations — so important right now — Bethesda senior VP of marketing and communications Pete Hines said on Twitter over the weekend that fans should probably expect The Elder Scrolls 6 details “years from now.”

Responding to a fan who asked for details on TES6, Hines said, “It’s after Starfield, which you pretty much know nothing about. So if you’re coming at me for details now and not years from now, I’m failing to properly manage your expectations."

Starfield is, of course, the other Bethesda Game Studios game that was teased in June 2018 at that year’s E3. We know very little about Starfield, too. We know it’s a “space epic” and the first new franchise in 25 years from the developers of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. But outside of a teaser trailer, official details are scant. On Twitter, Hines said we’d find out more about Starfield “someday.”

The only footage we got was landscape cloned from a previous TES game. It wasn't unique or real. It amounted to an admission they had nothing at the time.

I'm beginning to believe this is the new Half-Life 3, and they're never going to make it. It's not profitable enough per unit of employee time. They're just pretending it will happen one day so they can continue cashing in on the good faith and adoration the franchise earned with gamers over the previous five releases from 1994-2011.

Fuck Bethesda.

I feel like it's going to be a disappointment, similar to Fallout 4. They need to have engaging characters and storyline. It's not enough to just have a sandbox world.

They really need to combine forces with obsidian.

Make bethesda make the map and world ,put obsidian on quests and writing.

Like new vegases quests and writing were far above fallout 3 and 4

Also fuck just noticed this message and thread are 2 years old lmao

Unsurprised Diaz.

I mean, you'd think Bethesda would spend their time making video games instead making video games like they normally do.

Would be nice if they were spending more time and effort on TES6 than garbage like FO76 and Elder Scrolls Blades. I don't know what is going on over there but they seemed to have tossed in the towel creatively and are focusing on making as much money with as little effort.

Back