Will Edgar be the first to take down Mendes?

Greco_Wiz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Frankie is one of the best takedown artists in the sport. He's taken down guys with fantastic TDD, including Maynard, Penn, Henderson, Faber, and even Aldo.

Mendes has never been taken down in his mma career.

Which gives?

Yes because I think Mendes will gas and Edgar has one of the best gas tanks in the entire sport.

Probably. He took down Faber & BJ Penn, and those are no easy tasks either.

Maybe Bendo too, I forget

Probably. He took down Faber & BJ Penn, and those are no easy tasks either.

Maybe Bendo too, I forget

Yea he took down Maynard, Bendo, Faber, Penn and Aldo. But Mendes has historic level TDD. It'll be interesting.

at some point in the fight he will take down Chad, but I also suspect that Chad will take Frankie down too.
that's what I would expect in any fight involving guys that have great TD's/Wrasslin'.

Probably but Mendes will scramble back up every time, same with Mendes taking Frankie down. I dont think either guy can hold each other down.

The fight will go to decision. Mendes will win the first couple of rounds and lose the last two as he slows down from Frankies pace.

The third round will be the most critical round of the fight.

Probably but Mendes will scramble back up every time, same with Mendes taking Frankie down. I dont think either guy can hold each other down.

The fight will go to decision. Mendes will win the first couple of rounds and lose the last two as he slows down from Frankies pace.

Yeah, I can see it going just like this.

Not trying to be smart or anything. But is Mendes defense really good or is it that not so many people tried to get him down?

Honest question.

Not trying to be smart or anything. But is Mendes defense really good or is it that not so many people tried to get him down?

Honest question.
The best defense is a strong offense.

Chad has 42 takedowns in the UFC. That doesn't include his WEC fights, where he was even more about the TD. I'd wager he has over 100 successful TDs in his MMA career.
You don't need to worry about TDD if you're the one putting the pressure on.

Seems like a solid prediction

You can't take someone down if you are too busy sprinting around them avoid action.

No. He just can't take Mendes down.
And lol at "I think Mendes will gas". Classic comment by someone who only saw his last match.
Mendes, like everyone at Team Alpha Male, has amazing cardio.
1) That fight was on short notice and 2) taking too many shots to the body kills your cardio.

Has Edgar ever taken down? there is also a strong posibility Mendes can KO him

I think this fight ends up looking a lot like Edgar vs Faber.

I think Mendes will be the one to finally break Edgar's disintegrating chin

Back