Will Dos Anjos do better than Mendes?

Too right, If conor can't get a 5 foot 6 and gassed natural Mendes off him and has to be saved by the bell he will definitely struggle to get RDA off

I watched a pretty good video today of Firas Zahabi breaking down this fight, its worth the watch as he breaks down the striking, grappling and everything else. He basically said Conor has about 7 mins to win this fight by KO and after that its a 80/20 fight in favor of RDA. He said once he gets that takedown and grapples Conor is in trouble.

And he made some references to Mendes regarding what you said. Chad was on short notice and a smaller guy and was still able to apply his grappling very well and was winning most of the fight. Imagine what a guy who's bigger with excellent cardio and a higher level grappling base will do.

You're making your prediction based off of emotion, not logic. You've picked against Conor and been wrong countless times hoping to be right, only to eat crow every single time he has won. And this will be no different.

tl;dr, for the sake of your attention span - you don't know shit about MMA.

Oh look he pulls the typical Conor McGregor blame everyone and call them a hater shtick. My comment is no different than your sig dumb child.

EDIT: I knew I would get a goof response out of you, all McGregor stick riders are easy to rustle.

You're making your prediction based off of emotion, not logic. You've picked against Conor and been wrong countless times hoping to be right, only to eat crow every single time he has won. And this will be no different.

tl;dr, for your attention span - you don't know shit about MMA.

I've picked for Conor in every single one of his fights....Brandao, Poirier, Siver, Mendes and Aldo but now I am picking RDA to win vs Conor. Does that mean I know shit about mma?? Firas Zahabi who's a great mma coach only gave Conor a 50/50 shot to win this fight in the first 2 rounds and said if he doent get the finish in 2 rounds, the fight heavily favors RDA and he will win. Does mean Firas knows shit about MMA?

Some of the guys in Europe... like Gunnar Nelson... the guy who showed absolutely no jiu jitsu ability at all against Maia? Granted Maia may be the best in MMA, but to show zilch in the fight makes me think Conor is not even remotely prepared for RDA's jits game.

So because Conor's training partner couldn't compete on the ground against a guy who can literally compete and win with anyone in the in world in jiujitsu he can't beat someone who is mainly a striker.

Fixed.

None of them are particularly good, technically sound boxers. And none of them have KO power in their hands. RDA is also a poor boxer, and doesn't even perform basic day one technique properly.

He leaves his opposite hand down while throwing every punch.

rafael-dos-anjos-punches-donald-cerrone-in-their-ufc-lightweight-picture-id502024214

466366132-rafael-dos-anjos-of-brazil-punches-anthony-gettyimages.jpg

He can't throw a straight punch to save his life. His arms flare out every single time.

dos%2Banjos%2Bkick%2Bentry.gif

dos%2Banjos%2Bcagecraft.gif

Amateur hour. He's a slow plodder who is tailor made for a counter fighter to destroy. Conor will take advantage every single time.
No point talking to you hype-kids. You're here discrediting 3 of the best LWs in the world, why, cause Conor has KO power in his hands because he dropped smaller dudes at 145. Edgar made quicker work of Mendes and that was Mendes with a full camp.

Edgar didn't have that kind of power at 155. It is a different ballgame. But hey, enjoy the hype while it lasts. Perhaps Conor can land another Flash KO because other than that, he's not beating any top5 in a fight on any given day. Time will tell.

People are still high off the Aldo KO, it was incredibly impressive but that does not mean he will do the same to Anjos, watching the Mendes fight again I noticed he hit Conor with some very good shots and while it was impressive that Conor took them it would be better if he dodged then get hit like that, you never know what punch could be the end for you.

Then we have the wrestling, obviously Mendes is way better in terms of skill wrestling wise but Dos Anjos has shown to be pretty solid, in addition he has a great BJJ level ahead of Mendes, also Mendes was able to go for that guillotine, could be a different story with Anjos.

Finally we have the size, mendes looked so small in there lol, Conor will fight someone his own size now, will that make a difference? We'll see as Conor will be stronger than at FW and as mentioned Anjos's wrestling is not as high as Mendes.

Im excited for this one, who do you have?

Maybe Conor has been playing all Holly Holm with his BJJ and making it look double shit to fool the world... maybe he submits RDA in a brutal fashion... Either way I reckon it will be a bloody barn-burner....

Firas knows what he's talking about, but he's basing his analysis off of featherweight Conor. He isn't taking into the account the significant physical changes that Conor will bring into the fight. As far as stamina goes, Conor may be able to go for days without having to deal with the toll of his typical weight cut. Assuming Conor is injury free, he'll be physically stronger and have more stability in his core, which means that not only will he retain all of the power in his punches, but it will also translate to better takedown defense. There is also the myth that RDA is the bigger, stronger fighter, which just won't be true on fight night.

I'm sure it's been touched on before, but RDA is not the type to shoot a double on someone in the center of the cage. If he can't put Conor's back against the cage, he's hopeless. Given Conor's predisposition to pressing and giving up no ground, I don't see how RDA can do it unless he can capitalize on a botched kick or something similar.

Facts are facts. But hey, keep hoping and praying that RDA will have the answer.

RDA is not going to be bigger than Conor to the point where its a advantage, but he is bigger and a good size bigger than Mendes. There isnt a huge size difference between FWs and LWs btw, they are very similar in size and thats why so many guys transition easily between divisions.

RDA uses kicks to pressure guys back, his kicks are actually more damaging than Aldos. That along with the threat of the takedown will push Conor back. I dont expect Conor to move forward in this fight considering those two factors, I expect Conor to hang back and wait to counter. You talk about how Conor is so good at pressuring fighters.....well so is RDA and he's done it to several top level fighters. RDA is not the type of guy to shoot, but he is the type of guy to be patient and his MT to set up a takedowns, he is more than capable of standing with Conor to do this. What this comes down is that COnor has basically 2 rounds to KO RDA or else he's in a unfavorable match up and will most likely lose. He has to land that KO shot in 10 mins and keep the fight standing at all costs

I dont pray for anything and dont have any favs in this fight, I just break it down how I see it. And its not a issue of someone having "the answer" its pretty clear how to beat Conor.....you put him on his back and keep him there.

Mendes has far better wrestling and Conor was essentially fighting on one leg. Dos Anjos will get caught coming in early and it'll be downhill for him from then on.

So because Conor's training partner couldn't compete on the ground against a guy who can literally compete and win with anyone in the in world in jiujitsu he can't beat someone who is mainly a striker.
You can't be serious. RDA is a black belt in jiu jitsu and has been training for over 20 years. He isn't mainly a striker. There is a whole world of MMA outside of Conor, explore it.

Conor literally didn't train jiu jitsu when he had those fights. He now trains with some of the best jiu jitsu guy in Europe. It's not like RDA was knocked out by amazing strikers either...

Wasn't John Kavanagh his coach at that point already? I saw an interview with the flyweight who subbed Conor and he said Kavanagh picked him to fight Conor because he though Conor could win. Weird that his coach was a BJJ guy, but Conor didn't train BJJ at the time

Edit: found the interview: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/12/...s-win-conor-cried-and-i-got-500-euro-mma-news

"In those days, even if I won, I was supposed to pretend that it was by accident," Sitenkov told Sport.ru's Rigan Rahmatulin. "Otherwise, I would be simply not be invited back to fight in the future. I was good at it. At the time, the Irish didn't suspect that I was a good fighter, and John Kavanagh, McGregor's coach, just held his tournaments under the name Cage of Truth. I can even show you a trophy for defeating Conor."

"John thought that McGregor could defeat me. According to his words, I was a fighter who already had experience in overseas performances, was in the rankings and they didn't have to pay me much. I paid for a ticket from my pocket and flew to Ireland to fight. "

Mendes has far better wrestling and Conor was essentially fighting on one leg. Dos Anjos will get caught coming in early and it'll be downhill for him from then on.

One legged men don't do spinning back kicks.

I honestly think we are about to have a huge let down with Conor almost like "Oh… That was it…"

Don't get me twisted. I want Conor to win. He's my favourite fighter right now. The lol's when he starts demanding Mayweather money would be worth his title reign alone BUT…

He does have a huge weakness… It's been on display numerous times. Now he is stepping up to fight at 155lb against a guy with a far superior BJJ game, and far more size than someone who has already put him on the mat for extended periods.

I think this is a case of flying too high, too fast. To everyone who thinks a loss here won't hurt Conor's marketability, they're mental. Losing hurts everyones marketability. It's ruins the mystique. Most casuals don't know Flyweight from Featherweight. They just know UFC…

He might win, but he would have been far better off taking a test fight at 155lb, then going back to FW, defending and then challenging… He's just reach a pinnacle in his powers and he's risking it all.

It's ballsy as heck, but it's very dangerous. TLDR: I have that sinking feeling that RDA will impose his will so easily that once the fight is all said and done we sit back and go "Well… it was fun while it lasted".

I called Rousey/Holm, Conor/Aldo, RDA/Cerrone, Hendricks/Thompson, Rockhold/Weidman, Namajunas/VanZant, Sage/Barberena, and Dillashaw/Cruz. I also have an over eighty percent correct prediction rate for UFC events, prelims included. Not to mention countless hours spent thinking about this fight and analyzing it. I like my chances.

I have a 93.43% fight correct prediction rate for UFC fights. I am also the #1Stockbrocker in my district and make over 100 Dollas trading each day. I like to listen to RockNroll and Pop music. I gots a cat named kittyCat and a dog named Cottonball. I live in my pops basement but thats only cause he charges me only 300 dollas a month in rent. Not to mention I have had like 5 girlfriends and the last year so you know I gets lots of ass. So yeah I like my chances better.

㤷㘱㈥收摩㌥ㅄ㠰〸〹〸㈥椶╵䐳㈥㈵㑆〴┳㔲䘲牣㈥㈵獆敨摲杯㈥㈵晆牯浵╳㘲楯╤䐳┳㘲牵╬䐳瑨灴㈥㌵╁㔲䘲㈥㈵晆牯浵⹳桳牥潤⹧潣╭㔲䘲桴敲摡╳㔲䘲楷汬搭獯愭橮獯搭ⵯ敢

Last edited:
RDA is not going to be bigger than Conor to the point where its a advantage, but he is bigger and a good size bigger than Mendes. There isnt a huge size difference between FWs and LWs btw, they are very similar in size and thats why so many guys transition easily between divisions.

RDA uses kicks to pressure guys back, his kicks are actually more damaging than Aldos. That along with the threat of the takedown will push Conor back. I dont expect Conor to move forward in this fight considering those two factors, I expect Conor to hang back and wait to counter. You talk about how Conor is so good at pressuring fighters.....well so is RDA and he's done it to several top level fighters. RDA is not the type of guy to shoot, but he is the type of guy to be patient and his MT to set up a takedowns, he is more than capable of standing with Conor to do this. What this comes down is that COnor has basically 2 rounds to KO RDA or else he's in a unfavorable match up and will most likely lose. He has to land that KO shot in 10 mins and keep the fight standing at all costs

I dont pray for anything and dont have any favs in this fight, I just break it down how I see it. And its not a issue of someone having "the answer" its pretty clear how to beat Conor.....you put him on his back and keep him there.
Did you just copy/paste Zahabi? Nice one Kenny.

I have a 93.43% fight correct prediction rate for UFC fights. I am also the #1Stockbrocker in my district and make over 100 Dollas trading each day. I like to listen to RockNroll and Pop music. I gots a cat named kittyCat and a dog named Cottonball. I live in my pops basement but thats only cause he charges me only 300 dollas a month in rent. Not to mention I have had like 5 girlfriends and the last year so you know I gets lots of ass. So yeah I like my chances better.

㤷㘱㈥收摩㌥ㅄ㠰〸〹〸㈥椶╵䐳㈥㈵㑆〴┳㔲䘲牣㈥㈵獆敨摲杯㈥㈵晆牯浵╳㘲楯╤䐳┳㘲牵╬䐳瑨灴㈥㌵╁㔲䘲㈥㈵晆牯浵⹳桳牥潤⹧潣╭㔲䘲桴敲摡╳㔲䘲楷汬搭獯愭橮獯搭ⵯ敢
Douchebag written all over it

keep in mind, Dos Anjos lost to Tyson griffin.

Lightweight is a weaker division than FW and has been for a while now

keep in mind, Dos Anjos lost to Tyson griffin.

Lightweight is a weaker division than FW and has been for a while now

Dos Anjos lost to Tyson Griffin in April 2009. Some months before, in June 2008, McGregor was being subbed by a dude who's now a Flyweight. It's relevant to their fight.

I called Rousey/Holm, Conor/Aldo, RDA/Cerrone, Hendricks/Thompson, Rockhold/Weidman, Namajunas/VanZant, Sage/Barberena, and Dillashaw/Cruz. I also have an over eighty percent correct prediction rate for UFC events, prelims included. Not to mention countless hours spent thinking about this fight and analyzing it. I like my chances.

You must make a killing gambling on fights.

If you have picked these, then that is your credentials.Im following the red panties

Back