Will Dos Anjos do better than Mendes?

RDA's jiu jitsu is many levels above Conor's.
You don't need to be on the same level as your opponent while playing a completely defensive game. You give nothing for your more skilled adversary to take advantage of.

Conor literally didn't train jiu jitsu when he had those fights. He now trains with some of the best jiu jitsu guy in Europe. It's not like RDA was knocked out by amazing strikers either...
Stop, you're being too reasonable.

RDA submission game >>> Mendes

If it goes to the ground, McG gets corn-holed to Bolivian
Chads wrestling game >>>> RDA

Not saying Conor will win but if you're going to compare the 2 fighters you have to compare the things that favour Mendes too.

He has good jiu jitsu, but it's not like he's winning worlds or anything. Also you don't have to be on the same level to defend submissions.

Actually, it is on a worlds elite level. RDA is a 3rd degree BB and his BJJ was developed at Gracie Barra under his main coaches Januario and Roberto Correa who are both elite level coaches and trained by Carlos Gracie Sr and Jr. He won a gold medal in the world as a purple belt in 03 or 05. His BJJ is a very high level.

You don't need to be on the same level as your opponent while playing a completely defensive game. You give nothing for your more skilled adversary to take advantage of.

If he starts dropping elbows and punches, Conor could find himself in trouble.

Forget RDA's jiu jitsu. His striking is what's been unbelievably beastly. Fucked up Benson, Pettis, and Cowboy BADLY on the feet. Unbelievable. 3 phenomenal strikers he made look like they didn't belong.

I really don't see why RDA has to take this one to the ground. Will pay to find out.

Actually, it is on a worlds elite level. RDA is a 3rd degree BB and his BJJ was developed at Gracie Barra under his main coaches Januario and Roberto Correa who are both elite level coaches and trained by Carlos Gracie Sr and Jr. He won a gold medal in the world as a purple belt in 03 or 05. His BJJ is a very high level.

being a world class purple is...a very good brown. No doubt he's great, but he's not Maia/Werdum level. Anyway he doesn't even fight on the ground any more. He likes to punch people now, which I think will be his downfall in this fight.

Conor literally didn't train jiu jitsu when he had those fights. He now trains with some of the best jiu jitsu guy in Europe. It's not like RDA was knocked out by amazing strikers either...
Okay well same thing for RDA, when he got KO'd and lost several fights he wasn't focusing much on striking, its only when he went to Evolve MMA to train MT that he lifted that part of his game. Jeremy Stephens is the only guy to have KO'd RDA and i'm pretty sure he's one of the hardest hitters at 45/55

Chads wrestling game >>>> RDA

Not saying Conor will win but if you're going to compare the 2 fighters you have to compare the things that favour Mendes too.

RDA's mma wrestling is more than good enough to get the fight to the mat vs Conor. Chad may be a better wrestler, but if both guys can effectively apply their wrestling it doesnt matter who's better and its irrelevant in this case. The difference here is that once they are on the ground, RDA is a stronger and a much better and evolved grappler than Mendes and his physical attributes are going to be a factor as well, his size.

I called Rousey/Holm, Conor/Aldo, RDA/Cerrone, Hendricks/Thompson, Rockhold/Weidman, Namajunas/VanZant, Sage/Barberena, and Dillashaw/Cruz. I also have an over eighty percent correct prediction rate for UFC events, prelims included. Not to mention countless hours spent thinking about this fight and analyzing it. I like my chances.
Do you have proof of this supposed prediction rate? If not I find it very unlikely

RDA won't take Conor down once. Not fucking once.

Conor will press and Conor will knock him stiff.

Is there any possible way you could kiss the ass of Conor any more? My god, your av, signature and posts are full on dedication to the guy? Have you ever met him, is he a friend or something or is it just straight up infatuation?

RDA's mma wrestling is more than good enough to get the fight to the mat vs Conor. Chad may be a better wrestler, but if both guys can effectively apply their wrestling it doesnt matter who's better and its irrelevant in this case. The difference here is that once they are on the ground, RDA is a stronger and a much better and evolved grappler than Mendes and his physical attributes are going to be a factor as well, his size.
Too right, If conor can't get a 5 foot 6 and gassed natural Mendes off him and has to be saved by the bell he will definitely struggle to get RDA off

LW Mendes beats RDA on the ground. But definitely probably not in the stand-up.

I'll say it again, in a grappling only scenario I'd give it to Mendes at least 66% of the time.

being a world class purple is...a very good brown. No doubt he's great, but he's not Maia/Werdum level. Anyway he doesn't even fight on the ground any more. He likes to punch people now, which I think will be his downfall in this fight.

That was back in 03, he got his BB in 05 and elevated it years after so he is on a very high level when its comes to BJJ. He doesnt just strike now, against Pettis it was the wrestling and BJJ that won him the fight, he used his striking to set up the takedowns and stood with Pettis when he gained confidence and comfort. And RDA doesnt fight foolish, he's a very calculated striker using his MT, he's very patient and uses his kicks to open things up before he attacks with his hands. Trust me on this one, he will take the first takedown attempt vs Conor when its open.

LW Mendes beats RDA on the ground. But definitely probably not in the stand-up.

I'll say it again, in a grappling only scenario I'd give it to Mendes at least 66% of the time.

You think Mendes beats RDA on the ground?? Jesus, I dont even know what to say about that. Chad is a great wrestler but beyond that he's not really a high level grappler. RDA is light years ahead of Mendes in the grappling department, its not even close or on the same level. RDA would chew him up. RDA is one of the best cases of a high level BJJ guy transitioning his BJJ into effective mma grappling.

People are still high off the Aldo KO, it was incredibly impressive but that does not mean he will do the same to Anjos, watching the Mendes fight again I noticed he hit Conor with some very good shots and while it was impressive that Conor took them it would be better if he dodged then get hit like that, you never know what punch could be the end for you.

Then we have the wrestling, obviously Mendes is way better in terms of skill wrestling wise but Dos Anjos has shown to be pretty solid, in addition he has a great BJJ level ahead of Mendes, also Mendes was able to go for that guillotine, could be a different story with Anjos.

Finally we have the size, mendes looked so small in there lol, Conor will fight someone his own size now, will that make a difference? We'll see as Conor will be stronger than at FW and as mentioned Anjos's wrestling is not as high as Mendes.

Im excited for this one, who do you have?
He's going to destroy Conor and finish him in the 3rd round with strikes on the ground so yes, he will do better than miniature Mendes.

Some of the guys in Europe... like Gunnar Nelson... the guy who showed absolutely no jiu jitsu ability at all against Maia? Granted Maia may be the best in MMA, but to show zilch in the fight makes me think Conor is not even remotely prepared for RDA's jits game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back