Will Dos Anjos do better than Mendes?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
People are still high off the Aldo KO, it was incredibly impressive but that does not mean he will do the same to Anjos, watching the Mendes fight again I noticed he hit Conor with some very good shots and while it was impressive that Conor took them it would be better if he dodged then get hit like that, you never know what punch could be the end for you.

Then we have the wrestling, obviously Mendes is way better in terms of skill wrestling wise but Dos Anjos has shown to be pretty solid, in addition he has a great BJJ level ahead of Mendes, also Mendes was able to go for that guillotine, could be a different story with Anjos.

Finally we have the size, mendes looked so small in there lol, Conor will fight someone his own size now, will that make a difference? We'll see as Conor will be stronger than at FW and as mentioned Anjos's wrestling is not as high as Mendes.

Im excited for this one, who do you have?

RDA submission game >>> Mendes

If it goes to the ground, McG gets corn-holed to Bolivian

I think RDA can sub him. I think an RDA sub is the most likely outcome. But yeah, McGregor definitely has the ability to KO him.

Mendes only had 2 weeks to prepare while dos anjos actually gets a full training camp.

Yes i had to say it

not even a conor or rda fan but. . . . . if rda comes in like he usually does he may get starched. if rda gets him down its over via what ever rda wants

Why do people think sub is the most likely outcome for RDA. Conor is a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He also plays almost completely defensive. I would say giving up a sub is the last thing Conor will do.

If the RDA that beat Pettis shows up with a grappling based attack, for sure he will do better than 2 week mendes.

UFC uploaded the fight to Youtube after the RDA vs Pettis fight. I know it's fresh in memory but I had a few beers in me at the time and having watched both fights one after the other there I'd have to say that RDA looked explosive and unstoppable and Conor looked a little bit laboured and very stoppable. I say that as a Conor fan, by the way. I wonder how bad the knee injury really was in the Mendes fight?

Why do people think sub is the most likely outcome for RDA. Conor is a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He also plays almost completely defensive. I would say giving up a sub is the last thing Conor will do.

RDA's jiu jitsu is many levels above Conor's.

I sure think so. RDA looks to be more prepared than Mendes due to the fact that he's in a full training camp. Also cardio won't be an issue with RDA if things go well with him in round 1 against Conor.

RDA is a 3rd degree black belt in BJJ, Conor's two losses have come by quick submissions to European fighters with very low levels of BJJ. It's not a matter of quitting or not if RDA chokes him out or breaks a limb..

He has good jiu jitsu, but it's not like he's winning worlds or anything. Also you don't have to be on the same level to defend submissions.

He was a purple belt world champion

But still played it safe vs. Mark Bocek.

One thing that can't be overlooked is the fact that it's southpaw vs southpaw. That takes away from some of both guys' favorite weapons. Conor loves the straight left and RDA loves the rear kick to the body...both shouldn't be quite as effective vs a fellow southpaw. Now I think this is a bigger disadvantage for Conor as he is the guy who's best chance to win is a one shot KO or an early tko, and RDA will likely look to take the fight to the ground. If Conor can't find the KO early, he has to go later into the fight vs someone with way more octagon time. RDA also probably has the better lead hand than Conor...we saw him drop Cerrone with a lead hook in their first fight. So to me it seems Conor is at a bigger disadvantage fighting a fellow southpaw.

If the folks at zuffa have anything to say about it, rda has nothing to offer.

But then again, zuffa didn't fly McGregor out to train. Oh wait

RDA is a 3rd degree black belt in BJJ, Conor's two losses have come by quick submissions to European fighters with very low levels of BJJ. It's not a matter of quitting or not if RDA chokes him out or breaks a limb..

Conor literally didn't train jiu jitsu when he had those fights. He now trains with some of the best jiu jitsu guy in Europe. It's not like RDA was knocked out by amazing strikers either...

Back