Will Dominick Cruz Stand and Bang with Cody Garbrandt?

Will Dominick Cruz stand and bang and what fighting style do you prefer?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS – How do you defeat notoriously tough-to-beat UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz? Cody Garbrandt said he has just the skill set to do it.

Tonight in UFC 207’s pay-per-view co-headliner, Garbrandt (10-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) looks to become the first fighter in a decade to defeat Cruz (22-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

Garbrandt, who’s No. 7 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings, is the underdog to 2-1 favorite and No. 1-ranked Cruz as they ready for a clash at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

While Cruz’s quick, elusive and effective fighting style has frustrated more than a few opponents, Garbrandt said he’ll quickly take the champ out of his comfort zone.

“I’ll bring the fight to him,” he said. “If you look at his past fights when fighters brought a scrap to him – you know, a real fight – he had to revert to his wrestling.

“He’s going to find out he’s going to get discouraged in there, desperate, and he’s not going to be able to take me down. I’m a high-caliber wrestler, and he’ll find out early in the first round.”

Additionally, Garbrandt, who has nine knockouts in 10 career wins, said his crowd-pleasing style could produce a dynamic finish.

“Just being a fan of the sport stylistically, you’ve got an evasive point fighter, and you’ve got a young savage in there that goes to look for the knockout each each time,” he said.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/cody-g...p-dominick-cruz-young-savage-vs-point-fighter

No.
Cody will try to stand and bang. Cruz will just dance around him.

Don't be surprised if

Dom Cruz drops Cody

Garbrandt is going to stuff takedowns and Cruz is going to get shook early

Of course not. His prediction itself involved seeing the third.

He's gonna be on his bicycle big time early and will do little more than look to frustrate and slow Cody until at least the champ rounds.

I don't think he ever learned how to do that, tbh.

Does Shaq go into a game wanting to shoot threes all night?

TS dont be a lame casual fan boy. Fighters fight to their strengths.

He will do what he usually does and move around a lot. He said in the embedded videos that he will not change and that his opponents have to change for him,

Wtf kind of poll is this?

Dominick will do what he needs to to win and that's blend his whole MMA game together. He's not going to "stand and bang" He's going to outclass Garbrandt in every aspect of fighting.

Don't be surprised if

Dom Cruz drops Cody

My thoughts as well, Cody is so confident he can eat whatever Cruz throws at him. I wont be surprised if he gets careless and Cruz ends up hurting him at some point. Would be glorious.

Nope he will try to put on a footwork clinic and evade and pot shot mix in some takedowns. Cruz will be cruz for what it's worth. Strong chance of decisioning cody. Cody has gotta put together crisp, fast, and focused combos. He can't get all worked up or he will just be another W for cruz. Gotta stay calm and sharp as a fucking razor

Back