1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Will Dana ever agree to give Wand a % ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RapeChokeBDSM**, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Oeshon Steel Belt

Wand is pushing his luck.

This ain't 2003 and Pride. This is 2013 and UFC.

He isn't some godly star in his prime anymore. He is an aging legend who can barely hang in the division. Sure, he is a fan favorite, but he isn't an enormous draw at the same time.

I understand he wants to promote the fight and try and convince Dana that he is worth the PPV points. The problem is that his self promotion is coming across forced and manufactured. Nobody is buying that shit.

Unless he can promote the fight better into a "must see" fight, I think he should settle without the PPV points. He would have a lot more leverage if he won another big fight in impressive fashion. Right now, even Wand's biggest fans think he is going to get run over by Chael.

2. eXtv Red Belt

We all know Tito was on his bike for 99% of the striking that went on in that fight.

[​IMG]

3. Benoco Red Belt

If he wanted to get a ppv percentage for hyping a fight and selling tickets against Chael in 2014, he should've beaten Tito at UFC 25 in 2000 before Zuffa even owned the company?

You're right, join date does matter, you're going senile.

If a fighter hypes a fight and sells tickets why begrudge him some of the profits?

I'm always baffled by fans that have the "Fuck these whiny bitches crying about money" attitudes. Surely, as a fan, you'd like to see the fighters getting a decent share of the profits. Anything else seems absurd to me.

4. jesus christ. different owners, different fucking century.....

5. UL no more yellows Banned

And let see how Chael does against someone who isn't a champion

6. eXtv Red Belt

Chael isn't a proven draw against anyone except Anderson.

The Jones PPV did regular Jones numbers, and UFC 136 did horrible buyrates for a card with 2 title fights on it.

7. Steve Blunts Purple Belt

Thank you for showing the other side to that fight. Wand made some key mistakes in that fight and the Vitor fight (As short as it was....)

8. Steve Blunts Purple Belt

I agree with the numbers comments, but Wand is a proven draw and always will be IMO.

9. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

Chael isn't making ridiculous demands to accept the Wand fight. So how does that matter in the slightest?

10. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

"UFC 147 looks to have done closer to 140,000 buys, which would be the lowest of any PPV since 2005."

Wand headlined.

11. Wand4Life Silver Belt

One of the worst cards in history with a rematch nobody wanted to see that was put on in a foreign country.

That was 140,000 Wanderlei Silva fans who bought that fight.

12. theheater Silver Belt

it seems like good negotiation on wands part to use chaels ability to sell ppv and cash in. smart business

on the other side it doesnt sound like a confident guy dying to put a beating on chael

13. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

I respect Wand for what he has done, and still respect him for what he does, but what has he done recently to deserve a PPV %?

Even championship winning athletes from other sports take pay cuts when they are beyond their primes.

14. Free_MMAson Banned Banned

Dana's left the UFC to Wand in his will

15. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

What about UFC 132? Wand was on the main card along with Faber and Tito, the card still didn't do that well.

Where is this myth that Wand is a huge draw coming from? He never did big number in the UFC, and at this point never will. He doesn't deserve PPV points, and doesn't deserve the 250k checks he's getting. While proven top 5 fighters like Okami get cut... Brilliant.

16. Shogun90 Purple Belt

the amount of Chael support in here is disturbing.

17. Xaa Purple Belt

Wand is washed up. He's second tier. He should have negotiated a better deal post PRIDE when his stock was the highest. He can follow Rampage and Tito to Bellator. He has the same current relevancy.

18. Steve Blunts Purple Belt

To be fair it was the first time TUF wasn't broadcasted in the US and they filled 98% of the card with those cast members, and was supposed to be headlined by Sonnen/Silva rematch lol. I'd like to say also that Franklin isn't a very big draw, but I'm only assuming that.

19. lockon Black Belt

i think wand should. he's already doing his part in hyping the fight lol. but seriously fight has potential to sell a lot, so he should.

20. Armbars Silver Belt

lol