Will Dana allow this shit to happen ?

Trevis

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Seriously, since when a guy who just got the belt has the right to duck the entire top 10 of his division ?

Dan henderson at least is coming off a win and both bisping and henderson are big stars, this is a rematch and the fight will do big numbers in britain. Money wise it makes sense to make this fight happen even though i think bisping should fight jacare.

On the other hand woodley is telling wonderboy not only to wait, but to fight lawler to earn his title shot and is blatantly saying that he doesn't care about the rankings. Let's sum up Nick diaz's credentials at this point of his career:

-he hasn't won a fight in 5 years.

-he hasn't even fought in almost two years.

-he's 0-3 in his last 3 fights.

-He's a favorable matchup for a wrestler.

GSP did the same thing but after defending the belt dominantly for 6+ years and the division wasn't as stacked as it is now. I think Dana should strip him of the belt if he doesn't want to fight wonderboy.

By the way I think Gastelum, Magny, Macdonald, Wonderboy and possibly Maia and Condit beat Woodley.

They just can't pass on Wonderboy... The amount of frustration that will flow through that man as well as myself is unparalleled.

<21>

Nice of you to stop by Wonderboy. I'm not sure if they still give out fighter tags around here, but you should pick one up.

Sure they can. Money for woodley means money for UFC. At the end of the day it's just business.

If Woodley thinks nick will sell more tickets he probably is right. UFC will like that too.

I'm a huge nick Diaz fan and I can't wait for him to fight again, however it better not be against Woodley. I think this is a perfect time to do Lawler Diaz 2 because they won't be holding and stalling the division for the belt and Tyrone better not be fighting anyone other than wonderboy next

Dude, a 45 year old who is 3-6 in his last 9 fights,who knocked out a WW and is ranked outside of the top 10 is getting a titleshot. If Dana realizes that Nick Diaz is the fight that brings the bucks you fucking bet he is going to make it, that`s the current UFC for ya goofs.

Oh they can do it

Just ask jacare
Wonderboy is much more deserving than Jac though, i'd say. But...you're right.

americanrage_medium.gif

Seriously, since when a guy who just got the belt has the right to duck the entire top 10 of his division ?

Dan henderson at least is coming off a win and both bisping and henderson are big stars, this is a rematch and the fight will do big numbers in britain. Money wise it makes sense to make this fight happen even though i think bisping should fight jacare.

On the other hand woodley is telling wonderboy not only to wait, but to fight lawler to earn his title shot and is blatantly saying that he doesn't care about the rankings. Let's sum up Nick diaz's credentials at this point of his career:

GSP did the same thing but after defending the belt dominantly for 6+ years and the division wasn't as stacked as it is now. I think Dana should strip him of the belt if he doesn't want to fight wonderboy.

By the way I think Gastelum, Magny, Macdonald, Wonderboy and possibly Maia and Condit beat Woodley.

Settle down, there is no difference behind the motivation of Bisping calling out Hendo and Tyron calling out Nick.

Last edited:

Woodley already fought Condit and destroyed him also has a win over Gastelum..

I really hope Dana puts his foot down. He can freeze woodley out if woodley refuses to fight. UFC has to stop going down that path that has kind of screwed boxing up for years.

Trevis, if you're really Travis Browne I just want to say...
fuck you

He should definitely be fighting Wonderboy, but I think Woodley is definitely one of the tougher match ups for Wonderboy in the top ten.

Nice of you to stop by Wonderboy. I'm not sure if they still give out fighter tags around here, but you should pick one up.
Um ya everyone agrees he deserves the shot so it's more likely your Woodley or his mother.

Woodley should only get "money fights" if he clears out the division or at least convinces people he can hold the belt for a few fights after winning it. I don't think he could beat Rory in a rematch, pretty much nobody seems to think he can beat Wonderboy. Why risk taking steam off Nick or GSP for a guy who's probably not going to be in the title picture next year?

I really hope Dana puts his foot down. He can freeze woodley out if woodley refuses to fight. UFC has to stop going down that path that has kind of screwed boxing up for years.
Dana already allowed it with Bisping vs Henderson so it's no surprise other fighters start doing it as well.

And anybody supporting Bisping vs Henderson should shut the fuck up about this anyway.

If Wonderboy doesn't get the next shot I'm going to flip out.

Back