Will Cormier stay at LHW after losing to Jones?

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I really don't see Cormier sticking around at LHW for too much longer once he loses to Jones. I think he wanted his title shot,he is getting it and afterwards will most likely move back to HW where he will absolutely challenge for the HW belt no matter if Cain is there or not.

1) He will beat Jones
2) He said numerous times that he stays at LHW

He's all very pudgy. I bet he could make MW if he really put effort into it.

Well after Jones destroys this bellator fighter. He should fight Cain. Then Jones will hold two belts.

I think he might retire. It'd just be one loss but Cormier doesn't strike me as a fighter that will be satisfied sticking around if he knows he won't be champ(in 2 divisions).

He has a good analyst gig.

What for?

DC will never be champ at LHW. The guy fails at the highest level he competes in.

Failed at the Olympics.

Ran scared from HW.

And will run scared back up to HW after Jones sons him.

What for?

DC will never be champ at LHW. The guy fails at the highest level he competes in.

Failed at the Olympics.

Ran scared from HW.

And will run scared back up to HW after Jones sons him.

His best buddy/closest training partner is Velasquez for fucks sake.

I really don't see Cormier sticking around at LHW for too much longer once he loses to Jones. I think he wanted his title shot,he is getting it and afterwards will most likely move back to HW where he will absolutely challenge for the HW belt no matter if Cain is there or not.

At least wait till he actually loses... before you start this shitty thread

Yeah a man who never lost a fight or nearly a round, is running scared from HW. LOL

DC has a good chance of beating Werdum and JDS. Werdum is the more dangerous version of Mir/Barnett/Nelson but has similar strengths and weaknesses. And his wrestling will keep JDS off his game. But then he would put the division in a stalemate by not fighting Cain.

At LHW he will be fighting Jones again sooner or later.

Then why move? And answer that without saying the BS "cause Cain is his friend."

At the best spot for him training wise and would have to leave the camp and move his family if he stayed at HW.

Name 1 HW other then Cain and JDS that woukd be favorite over him

Then why move? And answer that without saying the BS "cause Cain is his friend."

"answer my question without using truth or logic! Answer it I say!"

While we are at it, prove that 2+2 is 4 without math and that the world isround without using science.

"answer my question without using truth or logic! Answer it I say!"

The logical answer is that he would stay at HW. He doesn't like to diet, he has trouble cutting a lot of weight, and the HW belt is more prestigious. If he could beat Cain, he'd stay at HW. Didn't he also say on UFC on Fox 13 that when Overeem grabbed him he thought he needs to move down? I know that's for a story, but there's some truth there. The real reason is that he can't beat Cain, the "we're friends" is an excuse.

Probably stay since Cain is still up there and Rockhold is at MW

He'll stick around for an immediate rematch at least. Everyone seems to get one these days.

Back