Will Conor go down the same way as Artem and Gunni?

The Hound

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nate is a big dude who definitely has the BJJ to work Conor on the ground for 5 rounds...

How would you feel if Nate decided to take this approach to the fight?

LiveImpressionableFugu.gif

LiquidUntimelyAnemoneshrimp.gif

One discipline regardless of which ever will only get you so far at the top. For example Damien Maia is by far the best BJJ grappler in mma but there's a reason even with those skills, he isn't a champion or a centendor (yet). The mixed in mixed martial arts is key here.

One discipline regardless of which ever will only get you so far at the top. For example Damien Maia is by far the best BJJ grappler in mma but there's a reason even with those skills, he isn't a champion or a centendor (yet). The mixed in mixed martial arts is key here.

That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about Nate ragdolling Conor on the ground for 5 rounds or eventually tiring him out and submitting him.

Nate is a finisher, his jiujitsu is very exciting. Conor comes from SBG, a team that seems to be very heavy on defense (both Artem & Gunnar did not get submitted). If this goes to the ground, the advantage is definitely Nate's, but I would not be shocked if Conor has some surprising moves on the ground to survive, & escape. He already showed a great escape to the classic Team Alpha Male guillotine that Chad Mendes attempted, and used it to get back to his feet.

That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about Nate ragdolling Conor on the ground for 5 rounds or eventually tiring him out and submitting him.

So basically is grappling alone going to topple Conor?

No, I believe he has to be beaten everywhere to be stopped.

So basically is grappling alone going to topple Conor?

No, I believe he has to be beaten everywhere to be stopped.

Grappling alone has toppled Conor twice already.

Meanwhile Diaz has only been beaten by striking once, in a fight where he didn't look like himself at all.

Nate is a finisher, his jiujitsu is very exciting. Conor comes from SBG, a team that seems to be very heavy on defense (both Artem & Gunnar did not get submitted). If this goes to the ground, the advantage is definitely Nate's, but I would not be shocked if Conor has some surprising moves on the ground to survive, & escape. He already showed a great escape to the classic Team Alpha Male guillotine that Chad Mendes attempted, and used it to get back to his feet.
C'mon, Chad has one win by guillotine, against Anthony Morrison (who? right), people act like Conor escaped Joe or Faber's guillotine, when Mendes has failed to submit even the most overmatched opponents that he has been outgrappling throughout his career.
The escape by Conor was good, but calling that "The Classic TAM Guillotine" is some Rogan hype bullshit.

Mcgregor will be exposed, but I'm not sure if a 10-day-training-camp Nate can do that

I'm saying that either the aforementioned happens or Conor does the Gray Maynard walk at the end of this fight. Either way I think Nate has this.

The escape by Conor was good, but calling that "The Classic TAM Guillotine" is some Rogan hype bullshit.
No, it is merely a description of the technique.

Also, they only made this fight because they know if Nate wins they can just overturn it with a positive drug test on 10 days notice. Those bastards!

Edgar will work Conor over for 5 rounds on the mat, it won't be Diaz.

Nate doesn't have the discipline to stick a gameplan, and while he has an entertaining ground game that can catch people, he is way too loose. Tries to dive on a lot of things that aren't there and leaves lots of opportunities for opponents to get back to their feet. He could catch Conor is a flash submission, but I wouldn't bet anything on it. Save your money for the Frankie fight.

Also, they only made this fight because they know if Nate wins they can just overturn it with a positive drug test on 10 days notice. Those bastards!

Like Nick Diaz vs Gomi. Nate catches Conor with a gogoplata and then it gets overturned. The fallout will be more entertaining than the fight.

C'mon, Chad has one win by guillotine, against Anthony Morrison (who? right), people act like Conor escaped Joe or Faber's guillotine, when Mendes has failed to submit even the most overmatched opponents that he has been outgrappling throughout his career.

Why would he try submit someone when he is/was the "Mike Tyson of the Division"?

Grappling alone has toppled Conor twice already.

Meanwhile Diaz has only been beaten by striking once, in a fight where he didn't look like himself at all.

Those submissions were when Conor didn't train his grappling, he's an elite mixed martial artist now. Diaz has been beaten just the once on the feet and that's why it's an interesting fight, especially when you add Diaz's submissions to the mix.

but I would not be shocked if Conor has some surprising moves on the ground to survive, & escape. He already showed a great escape to the classic Team Alpha Male guillotine that Chad Mendes attempted, and used it to get back to his feet.

That movement training he is doing is no joke. The way he gets back to his feet isnt like ive seen in others.

Like Nick Diaz vs Gomi. Nate catches Conor with a gogoplata and then it gets overturned. The fallout will be more entertaining than the fight.

that was one of the things that is unique about the diaz bros. When they asked nick what he thought about that,he didnt go nuts like johny hendricks might of,he just did not CARE at all that it was overturned. "Meh everyone saw me beat gomis ass who cares"

Back