Will Conor get 3rd fight against Nate after he loses twice in a row?

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think the UFC will go ahead and give Conor a 3rd meaningless fight against Nate even if Conor loses the 2nd pointless fight. I think the UFC will see that the fans will want this 3rd ridiculous fight to happen and do it. About 98% of dudes around here wanted the first and second farce fights to happen and bragged about how much money Conor would be making as if he was giving them a cut of it. LOL!

When it was first being discussed that Hendo may be fighting Bisping for the title about 98% of people on this forum said it was a great idea and that Hendo deserved it.

They've already confirmed he has to fight Aldo again no matter what.

And Conor isn't winning so there will be no 170 title shot no 155 title shot. Time for Aldo to right that wrong.

Nope. He'll be fighting unknown Czechoslovakians on the prelims for 1k/1k within a year.

And Conor isn't winning so there will be no 170 title shot no 155 title shot. Time for Aldo to right that wrong.

I agree that Conor will lose but I highly doubt that he defends the belt. I think Conor fights RDA next and still keeps the 145 belt.

Nope. He'll be fighting unknown Czechoslovakians on the prelims for 1k/1k within a year.
I think Conor will tuck his dick between his legs and retire before he allows himself to be relegated to a smoke break fighter.

They can say whatever they want ahead of time but I would bet money he vacates the belt and fights at 155lbs. He struggled making weight before trying to gain all this mass and only made it once in the banned IV era. Plus if he loses the rematch to Aldo he loses all claim to fame so he wont have any incentive to starve himself anymore.

I highly doubt that happens. I think Conor fights RDA next and still keeps the 145 belt.
Nah, when he loses to Diaz, it's over. He's gotta defend the title. After his medical suspension from being TKO'd and a full training camp it will be nearly 1.4 years since he won the FW title with no defense. It would come down to him either having to fight or to drop the title.

He'll want to avenge the losses at some point. This is why it doesn't make sense when people say Nate should lose to make a trilogy happen. Conor wouldn't fight Nate again until a long time later if he wins, same if he loses. The exception is if he goes back to FW and loses to Aldo, then he's in a hole he has to dig himself out of and may never get back to Nate.

They would save it for down the road if the two continue to win and it's seen as a selling point. Unlikely though.

^ if he loses a ridiculous post fight excuse by Conor is expected. The worst part, if he wins he can act like the first fight was a fluke.

I agree that Conor will lose but I highly doubt that he defends the belt. I think Conor fights RDA next and still keeps the 145 belt.

Dunno about RDA-MCGREGOR as I thought Ferguson-RDA was being talked for November

And yeah the UFC can say what they want about Conor having to fight at 145 all they want, but last I checked McGregor is still living off that 13 second KO and if push comes to shove could just as easily vacate his belt

hell either go back to FW or retire if he loses again.

McGregor is still living off that 13 second KO and if push comes to shove could just as easily vacate his belt

It may come to that. I doubt he wants to make that huge weight cut again and legitimately lose it. If he vacates he can always say he owned that division, even though reality has it he pussed out and ran from it. Vacating the title and saying the weight cut is too much is better for his career than to go there and lose it. The bad news is, he will be a gatekeeper to the Top 10 at 155 at best.

He'll want to avenge the losses at some point. This is why it doesn't make sense when people say Nate should lose to make a trilogy happen. Conor wouldn't fight Nate again until a long time later if he wins, same if he loses. The exception is if he goes back to FW and loses to Aldo, then he's in a hole he has to dig himself out of and may never get back to Nate.

Conor is getting his chance to avenge his loss in a immediate pointless rematch of a fight he was finished in. But yet 98% of dudes around here don't want Aldo getting his rematch even though he had to smash Frankie to get it.

Fans will want Conor to avoid Aldo in order to keep the narrative going that Conor cannot lose at 145 and that Conor always beats Aldo in 13 seconds or less.

If the same Aldo that shows up against Frankie shows up to fight Conor for the belt, and after a tough weight cut, there is no way Conor beats Aldo...that's just my opinion. Oh yeah, Nate beats him again, and even though many will not want to see it, Conor will probably get another crack at Nate, and just for the money, Nate will fight him again.

How do I type an intergalactic, inter-dimensional, reality-binding "NO"?

I think Conor will tuck his dick between his legs and retire before he allows himself to be relegated to a smoke break fighter.

Maybe he will tuck his dick between his legs and try and get a fight with Cyborg.

They can say whatever they want ahead of time but I would bet money he vacates the belt and fights at 155lbs. He struggled making weight before trying to gain all this mass and only made it once in the banned IV era. Plus if he loses the rematch to Aldo he loses all claim to fame so he wont have any incentive to starve himself anymore.

He wont have a claim to fame at 155 either. Nate is not a too five guy at that weight and he doesn't have real punching power and he was able to get Conor out in under 2 rounds.

Ferguson, RDA, Khabib, Barboza, Alvarez, Nate, MJ, and Dariush would all beat Conor.

Back