Will Conor fight in 2019?

Will we see conor fight in the UFC at all in 2019?

• Total voters
we will see him fight in december mark me words

not if he sticks to the whole main event thing.

sure put him on ufc 245 in a 3 round fight but conor will use that as a way to duck cowboy some more.

He didn't sound too confident when Helweenie asked him.

Last edited:
Why would anyone who enjoys fighting or enjoys fame or enjoy making money stop fighting because they have $100 million?

Same reason runners stop at the finish line.

He can probably make more shilling whiskey than he could ever earn fighting. He's already famous. He can fight a bit at the gym if that gets his rocks off, and he can do it with a lower risk of life altering damage (like GSP).

Same reason runners stop at the finish line.

He can probably make more shilling whiskey than he could ever earn fighting. He's already famous. He can fight a bit at the gym if that gets his rocks off, and he can do it with a lower risk of life altering damage (like GSP).

I can't think of more than one young(ish) fighter retiring due to having made a lot of money. I think Rousey might be the only one. But then, she didn't retired because of having millions, but because of inability to compete at the level she wanted. GSP retired because of injury concerns, not because he has money. But then, he came back anyhow at age 36.

My argument was only against the post that questioned why someone would fight after making $100 million. I can maybe count one or zero fighters that retired because they made enough money. Fighters never think they made enough. And they miss the fame and the actual fight. BJ Penn is pretty rich too. Fighters will retire due to injury and age but not due to having a lot of money.

Last edited:
The last time he won, Obama was still president. The next time he wins, Barron Trump will be Senator and Donald will be married to a new SI model 70 years his junior.

Huh?

Why would anyone who enjoys fighting or enjoys fame or enjoy making money stop fighting because they have $100 million?

99% of the world enjoys at least one of those three things (more fame, more money or more fighting). Mayweather had many times Conor's fame and money and kept fighting. Having $100 million has almost never stopped any pro fighter from continuing to fight. Injuries, age and fading ability has, but not having $100 million.

Don't know if Conor will fight in 2019, but if he doesn't fight, it would be because he hasn't found an easy enough opponent who still bring in the $$$ ,not because he already has $100 million (and probably spent $75 million of it).
He has a clothing line and bottled piss. He's fine.

I can't think of more than one young(ish) fighter retiring due to having made a lot of money. I think Rousey might be the only one. But then, she didn't retired because of having millions, but because of inability to compete at the level she wanted. GSP retired because of injury concerns, not because he has money. But then, he came back anyhow at age 36.

My argument was only against the post that questioned why someone would fight after making $100 million. I can maybe count one or zero fighters that retired because they made enough money. Fighters never think they made enough. And they miss the fame and the actual fight. BJ Penn is pretty rich too. Fighters will retire due to injury and age but not due to having a lot of money.

Enough is a relative concept. Some guys will never earn enough. Other guys have a lower "enough" limit than others. Every pro athlete that has ever retired during their athletic prime has had enough.

If Andrew Luck was worth 250k instead of 40 million he might have played a few more seasons. But he had enough to walk away. Sure he had some injuries, but if he needed the money he might have played through them.

Cole Conrad retired undefeated at 28 because he hadn't earned enough. I'd argue Brian Stann retired because he had enough. Dude, got one KO and (to paraphrase) said "fuck it, I've got enough to go on; I'm not going to be a vegatable". If GSP was still rolling pennies to buy gas, he wouldn't have retired.

If Conor is making 6% annually on that 100 mil and he blows 5 mil a year on fur coats, cocaine, and hush money he'll still be up a million a year even if he never sells a bottle of swill again. So is it worth the head trauma, the repeated knee injuries the broken hands, etc...

Why is he stealing Falcons style?
ant-man-a.jpg

EEeaFdkWsAAQDAj.jpg:large

Back