Will Conor ever win the belt back?

gameplan to beat Conor is to take him down the ground and submit him. Or hit him calf kicks like Dustin Poirier showed us

Yeah he might not win the title

If he beats Dustin he basically beat the best guy in the division.

Chandler would take Conor down better than anybody else. Except Khabib of course
Possibly Chandler beats Conor, but Oliveira beats Chandler and Conor beats Oliveira

Possibly Chandler beats Conor, but Oliveira beats Chandler and Conor beats Oliveira

Fuck no Oliveria takes him down and submits him.

When it comes to promotions like the UFC or MMA in general, it's impossible to say. If he needs to fight his way up and earn a title shot, it's highly unlikely. If he gets gifted a title shot, MMA has a very high random factor and on one particular night in one fight anything can happen.

Seems like he can still blitz anyone. Kind of went passive against Doostin and still had him clinging for life after every move from Mac.

But having been rocked by Nate, Khabib, Floyd - known pillow fisters - combined with his limited cardio, he seems to be a bit of a glass cannon. Add to it, there's something very flat about his movement since Khabonor days and, if calf kicks caught him off guard, in what other ways has he gotten outdated?

So, still a dangerous guy, could blitz anyone at any given day, but beatable. It would have to a favorable path to the title with little to no wrong moves. And even then I don't think he'd hold the belt for too long (if he defends).

And, frankly, he's done everything and has the dough. Kind of weird that he still wants to fight. Maybe GSP's hairpiece and banana pealing is making him terrified of retirement? Either way, his fights are fun, so whatever, I'll watch.

Doubt it, unless Chandler wins. He might get past Dustin and could probably beat Chandler but he would stand zero chance against Charles.

He’s a prize fighter now along with Nate and Masvidal, those three really should be focused on the most intriguing match ups that make the most money otherwise take a play out of Nate’s book and prove your worthy of a title by actually facing a contender. For al the shit Nate gets at least he is trying to earn a title shot instead of demanding one.
Nates in no position to demand anything

He has 2 Mickey Mouse belts in the works.

He's shot, he'd be lucky to get another win in the UFC at all.

I do think that IF he gets a title shot, he has a chance to get a belt.

He is simply too good a striker to count him out.

But alas, it is a huge "if", since he lost, and I don't know if a win over DP would set him up for a title shot. Knowing the UFC, he might.

But he has to win against DP...

This, he "can" win it, as much as I dislike the dude he can pull it off if givent he right match ups leading to it, but will he? Doubtful

What belt?

the ufc belt??

Can you imagine!?

He won't get past Dustin so he will need Dana to invent his own catchweight that only can have fighters in it that Conor approves for fights

Yes he will next time he fights for it.

Back