Will Conor’s cardio be improved enough for Khabib

go rewatch his fight against gleison tibau...not only did he lose a round, many thought he lost a round.
Okay but how does this relate to what I said? Srs question not being a dick lol

Like the time they said he improved his cardio for Floyd? Same shit and his gas tank will be the same. Short.

Exactly why he was lowkey so hesitant to set this fight up,
WTf are you blabbering on about, Conor signed this fight practically straight away as soon as his legal issues where sorted out.???

Facts. However he has had some time to improve it somewhat, the question is has he actually took the time to train, I think not. But who knows
Like i said in another thread, that's the intruiguing part, will Connor be better and if so, by how much ?
Technically 2 years of training in his prime should make him way better, not so sure it will be the case

First half is incoherent & unreadable, not being a dick js lol, but yeah I mean I’m sure they’re not taking this lightly, his career is on the line after all

conor career not on the line it just khabib mauls him for 25 mins conor will lose some leverage going forward. conor would still be a draw cause his fan base would still love him.

my gut says even if khabib mauls conor all of conor fans will say conor had ring rust so it doesn't count.

Conor is good for the first two rounds. Maybe the 4th if he catches wind. Conor fans saying he should go the distance before KOing Khabib is retarded ass plan. He basically dictated the whole Diaz 2 fight, which allowed him to pace himself and he still gassed out. There's no way in hell he can keep up even if he is in control of the fight.

Last edited:
Like i said in another thread, that's the intruiguing part, will Connor be better and if so, by how much ?
Technically 2 years of training in his prime should make him way better, not so sure it will be the case
It would be the case for sure. If he was actually training for those two years and not snorting coke off prostitutes foreheads. The latter is more likely imo

the truth is striking output is not the same as damage output. Meaning; just because you can throw a high volume of punches doesn’t necessarily mean that you are damaging your opponent enough to justify wasting that much energy, quality over quantity

Well yes, that is entirely what he meant by his "inefficient with his energy" quote from the first Diaz fight. Of course you won't be able to maintain a pace of 80 strikes per round. Many fights don't even feature that in their entirety, let alone doing it again 4 more times. There will be a drawback from having that much output.

That's the problem though with saying he has bad cardio. His cardio is clearly fine if he can throw over 400 punches in 1 fight. That's a ridiculous output level, and clearly shows that his ability to create output is not his problem. Everybody should be gassed if they're working that hard. If you'd put him in a slower paced fight then of course his cardio should look better. And that's what he actually needs to do is not get drawn into that kind of fight.

The last time he showed great cardio was Holloway, and that fight he threw 173 strikes. Against Diaz I he threw 145 in nearly half the amount of time. See the problem?

Last edited:
WTf are you blabbering on about, Conor signed this fight practically straight away as soon as his legal issues where sorted out.???
Okay and you believe a man with so much power and influence and money would really take 2 years to settle a court case whilst trying as hard as he can to settle it,
conor career not on the line it just khabib mauls him for 25 mins conor will lose some leverage going forward. conor would still be a draw cause his fan base would still love him.

my gut says even if khabib mauls conor all of conor fans will say conor had ring rust so it doesn't count.
hmmm idk man I think the whole loss to mayweather AND the whole bus incident has left a sour taste in Conor’s fans mouths, if he lets them down again I can’t see many people sticking by him and supporting him, but what do I know about Conor’s fans lol. I’m one of them and I will continue to support him ONLY IF he shows genuine signs of improvement in his next fight

Well yes, that is entirely what he meant by his "inefficient with his energy" quote from the first Diaz fight. Of course you won't be able to maintain a pace of 80 strikes per round. Many fights don't even feature that in their entirety, let alone doing it again 4 more times. There will be a drawback from having that much output.

That's the problem though with saying he has bad cardio. His cardio is clearly fine if he can throw over 400 punches in 1 fight. That's a ridiculous output level, and clearly shows that his ability to create output is not his problem. Everybody should be gassed if they're working that hard. If you'd put him in a slower paced fight then of course his cardio should look better. And that's what he actually needs to do is not get drawn into that kind of fight.
Yeah agreed, if he can dictate the pace of the fight and own the fight, he can fight at his own pace, however if he does that, he may get too excited and up the pace & try to do significant damage in a short amount of time thus depleting his cardio, which has happened before

I dont think its his cardio that'll fail. If khabib does get him down , and does his whole beat you, let you try and get up, take you back down, and beat you some more, does Conor still have the motivation and heart to withstand that .

Old connorino has a slim chance of catching him early, but if has consistently worked on not having shit cardio he might do ok

its blatantly obvious that if Conor gasses early then he is 100% done for but I’m excited to see if his cardio has improved, I mean cardio is notoriously difficult to improve. I’m intrigued to see how long he lasts, i mean surely he’s been working on it constantly? I personally believe he will be fully out of gas by mid round 3, Bib will obviously play the long game and wear him out, thoughts?
Khabib only went 5 rounds once and it wasn't exactly his best fight, neither guy is a cardio machine so let's not get carried away here. The gap in cardio is pretty small
<{cruzshake}>

Khabib only went 5 rounds once and it wasn't exactly his best fight, neither guy is a cardio machine so let's not get carried away here. The gap in cardio is pretty small
<{cruzshake}>
Okay but there is an obvious gap between their cardio, Conor has less gas in the tank than khabib does. Which puts Conor at a disadvantage. All I’m saying.

Naw Conor's cardio is not built for sustained long hual fighting over 3-5rds which is bad newz if you wanna wear the crown. Conor adrenaline dumps too quickly the crowd excitement wanna put on a show tuckers out them sick girlz lung and now you coming back to mma real time fighting after almost 2yrs.

He would need to pace himself and that's not his fight, and Khabib will not allow him to set the pace.

True, Bib is a mad skilled fighter but I never see anything different, don’t fix something that’s not broken I guess, but eventually people will be able to read him if he doesn’t improve with every fight,
I'm not one to say that MJ exploited him because he wasn't all that hurt but he's for sure very hit-able which isn't good. Fighters like GSP and Anderson didn't show huge gaps in their game. Khabib's grappling is levels above everyone but the thing that makes him beatable is his tendency to get hit and inability to get it to the ground accurately. Recently in his fights he shoots for takedowns after getting tagged coming in, misses take downs, resets, rinse and repeat until he eventually lands. In Khabibs case "if it ain't broke don't fix it" doesn't really apply.

Askren for example didn't makes leaps from fight to fight but got it to the ground without exposing himself before getting it there. In that case there was no reason for him to try to strike but Khabib's style seems to lend himself to getting caught eventually.

He would need to pace himself and that's not his fight, and Khabib will not allow him to set the pace.
This, unless he is using hands to pressure Khabib he is not setting the pace. He won't be able to hold cardio in reserve. Think when he had to run from Nate in order to get a few breaths midway through the fight, only Khabib will be putting him in a ball in the corner instead of jabbing.

I remember there was an interview or podcast(maybe JRE) where they talked about Conor's cardio and they were saying his body structure is why he has cardio issues. His body type isn't well suited for having great cardio? idk

Back