Will CM's glass jaw survive Poirier's Hooks

BusterBarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's well know CM has a chin issue disguised as a stamina issue. Yes his stamina is not all that great but he never really gassed in a fight except for the Khabib fight. He went the full distance in Diaz II. In Diaz I he got cracked, his chin crumbled and because he didn't want to get koed in a viral moment he shot for the takedown hoping to get a mercy sub.

So that leads me to rightfully conclude CM has more of a chin issue than a stamina issue

Back to the question: Will CM glass jaw survive Poirier's hooks?

Need a poll Mods :D

peahad has smaller head=smaller brain and its harder to rattle it with punches

It's well know CM has a chin issue disguised as a stamina issue. Yes his stamina is not all that great but he never really gassed in a fight except for the Khabib fight. He went the full distance in Diaz II. In Diaz I he got cracked, his chin crumbled and because he didn't want to get koed in a viral moment he shot for the takedown hoping to get a mercy sub.

So that leads me to rightfully conclude CM has more of a chin issue than a stamina issue

Back to the question: Will CM glass jaw survive Poirier's hooks?

Need a poll Mods :D
I think Conor can survive them but if Dustin corners him again and gets crazy with his striking, Conor's cardio will give up on him and he'll get cracked.

CM got his chin cracked by Nate Diaz’s 1,2 that also clapped Leon

If he only had a chin issue it would have been cracked in round one before. He seems to fade in a fight around the exact same time.

The only question about this fight for me is if Conor is going to be willing to suffer, or will he gtfo when things go south.

I'd like to think this will be a competitive fight and Conor hangs in there, but he's admitted to "knowing when to fight another day", which means he probably doesn't wanna get KO'd again and will tap or give up his neck. There's just no way he's going to survive all 5 rounds, and his power at LW hasn't been too great. Took a hellish amount of precise counters to put away Eddie over two rounds in a fight where he suffered zero adversity, Khabib walked through the best shots from Conor, and although he landed a few good punches on Dustin, Dustin played it up in the media more than it was.

I think Dustin by finish is a near certainty, I wouldn't be surprised if Conor is put in a position where he has to tap to strikes. I'm actually expecting him to attempt a takedown or two and work in the clinch.

Last edited:
I think cardio has been and will always put a clear ceiling on how great Conor can be.
Please name the moments his cardio really really failed him

Diaz I with all the weight and muscle gain? Khabib who tires everbody?

It's the chin. His chin is only good at 145 against midgets and Max Holloway lol

he doesnt have a glass jaw moron, hes been tko'd once and the other time it was boxing so it doesnt count and he didnt even fall.
Hey idiot keep it civil :D

He had luck, right opponents and somewhat good defense to help him not getting his chin exposed

Please name the moments his cardio really really failed him

Diaz I with all the weight and muscle gain? Khabib who tires everbody?

It's the chin. His chin is only good at 145 against midgets and Max Holloway lol
I think his cardio was getting the best of him in the later rounds against Diaz in their rematch. Also, the rest of his fights ended within the second round. I think you are just trying to push this narrative that you wish to be true. Conor has only been TKO'd once and you are trying to define his whole career on that one fight.

The only question about this fight for me is if Conor is going to be willing to suffer, or will he gtfo when things go south.

I'd like to think this will be a competitive fight and Conor hangs in there, but he's admitted to "knowing when to fight another day", which means he probably doesn't wanna get KO'd again and will tap or give up his neck.

I think Dustin by finish is a near certainty, I wouldn't be surprised if Conor is put in a position where he has to tap to strikes. I'm actually expecting him to attempt a takedown or two and work in the clinch.
There's a decent chance he will tap to strikes. I wonder if you could get bet on that possibility and what the odds would be :D

There's a decent chance he will tap to strikes. I wonder if you could get bet on that possibility and what the odds would be :D
I was going to ask the same thing lmao, I'll have to check.

I made a parlay of Leon, Izzy, Dustin, and Belal. I knew Leon would beat Nate so had to come up with a way to profit.

I think his cardio was getting the best of him in the later rounds against Diaz in their rematch. Also, the rest of his fights ended within the second round. I think you are just trying to push this narrative that you wish to be true. Conor has only been TKO'd once and you are trying to define his whole career on that one fight.
He got TKO'd in Diaz I too :D
He tried to shoot on DP too but he got blasted full in the noggins lol

If he again tries to shoot on DP and succeeds to get tapped out, I will still count it as a TKO loss again

He got TKO'd in Diaz I too :D
He tried to shoot on DP too but he got blasted full in the noggins lol

If he again tries to shoot on DP and succeeds to get tapped out, I will still count it as a TKO loss again
If Conor has such a glass jaw, how pillow-fisted is Khabib? Khabib landed that overhand right but he was getting knee'd by Conor two seconds later. You see where I'm getting at?

If Conor has such a glass jaw, how pillow-fisted is Khabib? Khabib landed that overhand right but he was getting knee'd by Conor two seconds later. You see where I'm getting at?
Conrat was lucky that Khabib didn't knee his face off after the right hand lol

He barely dodged Khabib's flying knee

Back