Will CM PUNK really be that popular?

AJ-Lee-Cameron-005.gif

sw50sw8sw578.gif

lol

Hulk Cogan? You mean Ho Kogan.

EDIT: Fuck, ^ beat me to it.

Yes we get it. You don't like WWE and you think that makes you cool. Disparaging WWE and their fans makes you think you are a total badass too.

I doubt he's being a try hard, we are just europeans, here watch fake wrestling is something that nobody older than 10-13 years do

Not hating or anything, is just how it is

He's not going to draw Brock numbers but it's still going to be a big deal.

CM Punk has more Twitter followers than almost the entire UFC roster combined. He's been away from the WWE long enough where its lost a bit of luster but I think he'll still pull in 700k-1 million on the right card.

I think UFC is missing out on not getting more coverage on Punk's progress on a televised reality show.

It would made him more well known to non-WWE fans and show what it takes even for an established athlete to be competitive in MMA.
brooks ain't an "established athlete" and never was. he is just a soap opera actor with no athleticism and no fighting credentials whatsoever.

He's taken way too much time since leaving wrestling and making his announcement. People forget you very fast in this game.

No one seems interested in CM punk his interviews only get a couple thousand views I dont think hes a draw at all

I'm from London so not really upto date with all the WWE stuff. I used to watch ultimate warrior and hulk Cogan as a kid, but as I became a teenager I soon forgot about WWE.

With all the talk of cowboys stadium super cards etc, lots of people on sherdog have suggested that putting CM PUNK on the card would help sell the card and break PPV records etc

So, is WWE really that popular with grown men and are there likely to be millions of fans who would buy a UFC event just to see CM PUNK?

I honestly thought that WWE was for children?

Dana white twitter = 3.3 million

Ronda Rousey Twitter = 1.6 million

Conor McGregor Twitter = 660k

Ronda and Conor both just headlined cards that did 800-1million buys.

CM Punk = 2.4 million

And yes WWE is for children and adults that think like children :icon_chee

I think UFC is missing out on not getting more coverage on Punk's progress on a televised reality show.

It would made him more well known to non-WWE fans and show what it takes even for an established athlete to be competitive in MMA.

They are filming from what I heard.
Just waiting for a fight to be announced

let's be honest, if wwe is for kids then ufc is for teens

Not at all, I'm being genuine. WWE isn't popular at all in England and certainly wouldn't be considered a sport to rival boxing or MMA. It's seen as more of kids entertainment.

Just wondered how he could be so popular with people who buy PPVs (adults)

Re: England & WWE's popularity.
I always heard they were popular so I googled & this came up immediately - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/11...st-cant-get-enough-of-American-wrestling.html
The WWE will once again embark on one of its bi-annual tours of UK arenas in April, with tickets selling like hot cakes to huge crowds of British (and Irish) fans.

It has successfully launched the WWE Network online streaming service in the UK – a Netflix for wrestling nuts, if you like.

And Sky has again paid significant sums to continue its exclusive right to broadcast the brand’s main shows, including Raw and Smackdown, in the UK until 2019.

Also WWE's audience is skewed older than UFC's (believe it or not).
Here is a recent TV breakdown of viewership for WWE’s Raw, Smackdown, and Total Divas, courtesy of The Wrestling Observer.

* The average viewer (for the three shows) is 41.4 years old. The report indicates that viewership is getting older instead of younger.

* Audience viewership is 63% male. Total Divas skews number down a bit because it would be closer to 68% for just Raw and Smackdown.

* The viewership for three shows is less than 19% under the age of 17. 22% of the viewership is between 18 and 34, and 22% between 35 and 49. 37% is over the age of 50.

Not sure if your thread was a troll attempt, but I will answer honestly.
Punk as an individual entity won't make a huge difference in buys.
He is not Brock.
But, the story of Punk leaving WWE at an older age to try MMA from a beginners stand point, will help sell.
Punk is a great talker & UFC is starting to get behind interesting stories. The story of Punk & Punks mic ability will help any PPV he is on.
Brock helped because he was a freak of nature

cm punk is supposed to be one of the biggest and most charasmatic stars from wwe, and apparently he has like a "cult following" or some shit lol

cm punk raises the ppv count by 100k imo.

cm punk was one of the most popular wrestlers both on the indy circuit and wwe. he will draw.

cm punk is supposed to be one of the biggest and most charasmatic stars from wwe, and apparently he has like a "cult following" or some shit lol

cm punk raises the ppv count by 100k imo.

shows how far away from the pulse mma fans are

Back