Will Chael and Vitor both come in at 199#?

Good point. So if Vitor is bumping from 185 to 205 that means he'll need to put on (at least) 20 pounds in eight months. Any of you guys try putting on mass without "help" while training MMA? Some of you guys know what I'm talking about. If you don't know, it's uphill work, let me tell you. It's not like some natural body builder who's doing 15 mins of cardio 3 days a week and then lifting big and drinking/eating 6000 calories a day.

I'm sorry but if he comes in at 205 and he's shredded or even just 'not doughy', I call BS. And frankly, same for Chael, yes even though he's had a lot more time. Neither of these guys are LHWs without some kind of roids. Just my 2c.

Mate, what the fuck are you on.

They don't gain weight to fight at 205, they obviously just cut less weight to fight at 205 then they do at 185.

Read what I said dude. Not NECESSARILY.

Marquardt got busted his first time fighting as a welterweight. Clearly didn't use TRT to gain mass. Used it to elevate testosterone to enhance his performance.

^This.

Neither you nor I know how or why Nate used Test. We don't know what ester he used or anything. I don't think I can jump on board with that necessarily. Test increases muscle mass. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

The LHW match-up seems to favor Chael more since he's been training for a LHW match with Silva whereas this seems to have been somewhat sprung on Vitor after he fought Hendo at MW. Vitor is 'probably' a little more behind the curve in putting on mass. I mean unless he's just fucking railing HGH and Test as per usual (this is my strongly held belief based on circumstantial evidence - these are not necessarily facts). Then who knows.

Chael does not do well at LHW though. Normally it's because his strength is his wrestling, and those guys are just bigger.

Vitor might lose some speed as well at LHW. Or Vitor might be stronger and harder to push around. Will be interesting.

I can see Vitor starching Chael early .. or I can see Chael getting a double and riding the first round on the ground, Vitor tiring, being slower in rounds 2 and 3 as usual and Chael getting a UD.

The LHW match-up seems to favor Chael more since he's been training for a LHW match with Silva whereas this seems to have been somewhat sprung on Vitor after he fought Hendo at MW. Vitor is 'probably' a little more behind the curve in putting on mass. I mean unless he's just fucking railing HGH and Test as per usual (this is my strongly held belief based on circumstantial evidence - these are not necessarily facts). Then who knows.

Vitor and Hendo fought at 205.

Mate, what the fuck are you on.

They don't gain weight to fight at 205, they obviously just cut less weight to fight at 205 then they do at 185.

It's a valid point, except that if they do that against natural LHWs, they will get annihilated like Hendo just did. Maybe they can do it fine against each other since they're both middleweights. Or, maybe Vitor is going to be fighting a much bigger Chael since he's had more time to prepare.

What the fuck I'm on, though, is curiosity and enjoying the sport. What the fuck are you on, 'mate'?

Oh, really? Thanks, bro! I didn't look that up and couldn't remember. That's good to know. So Vitor is maybe not as far behind the 8-ball. Cool.

If this fight is indeed PED free, we're going to see two 199# 'LHW's fight. Believe me, I'd prefer it to the bullshit 230#Cormier vs 199# (after chugging two gallons of water and with rolls of quarters in his shorts) Hendo but come on. If both of these middleweights are off of PEDs, WTF are they doing fighting at LHW?

Quit crying about Hendo getting run over by the superior fighter.

DC is a fatty who cut from 220 and likely weighed 215-216 in the cage.

Hendo wanted it at 205 cause he has even less cardio at 185.

It's a valid point, except that if they do that against natural LHWs, they will get annihilated like Hendo just did. Maybe they can do it fine against each other since they're both middleweights. Or, maybe Vitor is going to be fighting a much bigger Chael since he's had more time to prepare.

What the fuck I'm on, though, is curiosity and enjoying the sport. What the fuck are you on, 'mate'?QUOTE]

Yeah sorry bro that was pretty rude

Neither you nor I know how or why Nate used Test. We don't know what ester he used or anything. I don't think I can jump on board with that necessarily. Test increases muscle mass. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

From CagePotato: http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/2/

Marquardt revealed that he suffers from low testosterone levels and has been under the care of an unnamed physcian who prescribed Testosterone Replacement Therapy to counteract the condition. He explained that he recently switched from using prescribed pills to increase the natural testosterone production capabilities of his testicles and pituitary gland to receiving doctor’s injections of synthetic testosterone to regulate his levels, but as a result of a double dosage the week prior to his scheduled bout with Rick Story and the weight cut to make 170 lbs for his UFC welterweight debut his levels were too high to be granted approval by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission…"

I'll reiterate so you don't think I'm flip flopping. Test naturally does increase muscle mass. You're right on that. But fighters don't necessarily use TRT to gain mass in general. If that was the case, Chael would've been busted when we fought JBJ. Using test increases T:E and when fighters use it, their BMI drops lower than it already is.

Again, ^This. TS is getting chewed up and spit out by everyone, so this is where I leave lol.

EDIT: Clearly don't post a lot since I joined in '09, but thanks for the orange belt :)

What the fuck I'm on, though, is curiosity and enjoying the sport. What the fuck are you on, 'mate'?QUOTE]

Yeah sorry bro that was pretty rude

Zero probs. I'm a little frisky tonight too - lol!

Chael does not do well at LHW though. Normally it's because his strength is his wrestling, and those guys are just bigger.

Vitor might lose some speed as well at LHW. Or Vitor might be stronger and harder to push around. Will be interesting.

I can see Vitor starching Chael early .. or I can see Chael getting a double and riding the first round on the ground, Vitor tiring, being slower in rounds 2 and 3 as usual and Chael getting a UD.

This is real. Nice.

Only other thing I see happening is, obviously, Vitor getting the sub when dry in rnd 1 or when Chael slows or gets a lil lazy in 5. Wait, is this going to be 5? It should be right?

This is real. Nice.

Only other thing I see happening is, obviously, Vitor getting the sub when dry in rnd 1 or when Chael slows or gets a lil lazy in 5. Wait, is this going to be 5? It should be right?

No, why would it be 5? Its not even the co-main.

This is real. Nice.

3 rounds, and I really don't see Vitor subbing Chael. Chael really learned his lesson in that Silva fight about being lazy. A moment of laziness cost him a title, twice actually when you count that spinning backfist, but there's no way you can say he would have won the 2nd fight, didn't last long enough.

Back