1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Will Chael and Vitor both come in at 199#?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Air Lats, May 28, 2014.

1. FatMoiMoi Green Belt

Mate, what the fuck are you on.

They don't gain weight to fight at 205, they obviously just cut less weight to fight at 205 then they do at 185.

2. Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

At a restraurant eating a succulent Chinese meal.
    Neither you nor I know how or why Nate used Test. We don't know what ester he used or anything. I don't think I can jump on board with that necessarily. Test increases muscle mass. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

3. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

Chael does not do well at LHW though. Normally it's because his strength is his wrestling, and those guys are just bigger.

Vitor might lose some speed as well at LHW. Or Vitor might be stronger and harder to push around. Will be interesting.

I can see Vitor starching Chael early .. or I can see Chael getting a double and riding the first round on the ground, Vitor tiring, being slower in rounds 2 and 3 as usual and Chael getting a UD.

4. FatMoiMoi Green Belt

Vitor and Hendo fought at 205.

5. Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

It's a valid point, except that if they do that against natural LHWs, they will get annihilated like Hendo just did. Maybe they can do it fine against each other since they're both middleweights. Or, maybe Vitor is going to be fighting a much bigger Chael since he's had more time to prepare.

What the fuck I'm on, though, is curiosity and enjoying the sport. What the fuck are you on, 'mate'?

6. Edmond Rousey Blue Belt

No. It's at 205

7. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

They do gain some .. but it's clearly not 20lbs.

8. Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Oh, really? Thanks, bro! I didn't look that up and couldn't remember. That's good to know. So Vitor is maybe not as far behind the 8-ball. Cool.

9. Sosua Yeah nah

Quit crying about Hendo getting run over by the superior fighter.

DC is a fatty who cut from 220 and likely weighed 215-216 in the cage.

Hendo wanted it at 205 cause he has even less cardio at 185.

10. FatMoiMoi Green Belt

11. flippodogg91 Orange Belt

From CagePotato: http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/2/

Marquardt revealed that he suffers from low testosterone levels and has been under the care of an unnamed physcian who prescribed Testosterone Replacement Therapy to counteract the condition. He explained that he recently switched from using prescribed pills to increase the natural testosterone production capabilities of his testicles and pituitary gland to receiving doctor’s injections of synthetic testosterone to regulate his levels, but as a result of a double dosage the week prior to his scheduled bout with Rick Story and the weight cut to make 170 lbs for his UFC welterweight debut his levels were too high to be granted approval by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission…"

I'll reiterate so you don't think I'm flip flopping. Test naturally does increase muscle mass. You're right on that. But fighters don't necessarily use TRT to gain mass in general. If that was the case, Chael would've been busted when we fought JBJ. Using test increases T:E and when fighters use it, their BMI drops lower than it already is.

Again, ^This. TS is getting chewed up and spit out by everyone, so this is where I leave lol.

EDIT: Clearly don't post a lot since I joined in '09, but thanks for the orange belt :)

12. Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

13. Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

This is real. Nice.

Only other thing I see happening is, obviously, Vitor getting the sub when dry in rnd 1 or when Chael slows or gets a lil lazy in 5. Wait, is this going to be 5? It should be right?

14. Sawch Blue Belt

No, why would it be 5? Its not even the co-main.

15. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

3 rounds, and I really don't see Vitor subbing Chael. Chael really learned his lesson in that Silva fight about being lazy. A moment of laziness cost him a title, twice actually when you count that spinning backfist, but there's no way you can say he would have won the 2nd fight, didn't last long enough.