Will Cerrone win his second fight in 2015 and we haven

JaimySmith89

White Belt
Reaction score
My UFC: McGregor vs Siver betting picks

I Honestly believe Donald Cerrone will win tonight.
He have looked very good his last fights. His Kickboxing have improved, His TDD is amazing (Love his counter knee to stop people to go for a double in open space) and if he gets taken down he got a very unpredictable guard, His sticking timing is great.
He is undeniably the better striker at range.

The only way I see Henderson beat Cerrone would be in the clinch, get close to him and grind him down with elbows and knees.

The short notice won

seven in a row vs 3 in a row... sounds good

Bendo is Champion level. He will be the best fighter Cerrone has faced in recent years, since RDA - whom Cowboy lost to. Plus Bendo already beat Cowboy twice. Definitely an uphill battle for Cerrone. Have to admire that he took the challenge though.

Cerrone will lose. Hopefully it'll be more competitive than their second fight.

Tough match up for cerrone, but im cheering for him

Bendo is Champion level. He will be the best fighter Cerrone has faced in recent years, since RDA - whom Cowboy lost to. Plus Bendo already beat Cowboy twice. Definitely an uphill battle for Cerrone. Have to admire that he took the challenge though.

Agreed. And Bendo is a great MMA grappler but he is also a good, complete MMA fighter. He is comfortable in the fights, whether its standing, clinching or at the ground. He did got KO'd in his last fight though so its hard to predict how badly that affected to his psyche though

But Bendo is still a great fighter, I think it will be a tough challenge for Don

Bendo is like the antithesis of everything I root for in MMA; Full angel wings, Awesome god walkout, Illuminati judging influence...

All that being said he's still one of the best lightweights ever, and people are tremendously overplaying how much trouble he had with Khabilov. Sort of close fight for three rounds(IE every Bendo fight that isn't finished) and then he smashed him with an uppercut and choked him out...Not really much to question there, he finished an incredibly tough(DAGESTANI) top 10 lightweight and then got caught bad in the RDA fight.

All that being said Cerrone by decision, at this point I think it's an awkward style match up for Bendo so long as Cowboy don't get tapped

Cowboy's on pace to fight 24 times this year, I love it :cool:

I think Cowboy takes this by SD. He's a much different fighter than the first two times they fought, but Bendo is still a really tough fight for anyone (not named Pettis). It's certainly not a given for Cerrone here. Benson has shown that it's almost impossible to submit him (unless your name is Pettis), and he's strong and quick. Not known particularly for his KO ability, but if he wobbles opponents he doesn't let them off the hook.

I like both fighters (Cerrone has won me over), so it sucks that one of them has to lose. I like Cowboy in this one if it goes the distance. It it ends inside the 15 minutes, I think it will be in favor of Henderson. I think it's crappy that the Siver/Conor fight is 5 rounds and this one is only three. This could be another FOTY.

Be do has his number. Donald is going to get hog tied again.

Agreed with all of this. With that said this is going to be a huge blow to Henderson if he loses.

WOW!!!!! I totally understand Calenders now!

Cerrone is a beast.

Henderson's wrestling has gotten a lot worse... his striking never improving... I don't see how he wins this...
Cowboy via kick KO or kick damage then TKO...

I don't think we can take a ton from those first fights. Cerrone's guard was good then, it's really become elite since. With all the excellent grapplers in MMA, Cerrone is at the point now where he's on a very short list of guys that you don't want to be in their guard. His aggressiveness with subs, sweeps, fluidity and transitions are exceptional.

Bendo is known for having a great base and sub defense, but Pettis caught him and while he's the better overall fighter, Cerrone is better off his back than Pettis.

Plus Cerrone has better tdd now. Not amazing, but better. I think this fight stays standing more than it's on the mat. The big wild card to me is how much these guys like each other. It's genuine, and I think it actually favors Bendo. The reason being he's a grinder, not a guy who looks for brutal finishes like Cerrone. It's harder to follow up with big shots after you've hurt a guy if he's your friend. It's not harder to try to just control him for 15 minutes.

Pretty crazy that after tonight Cerrone will have fought the same amount of times in 15 days that Cain has in close to 25 months.

The first Cerrone/Henderson fight was very close and very technical. Let's forget about the guillotine in the second for the time being. I'm hoping - praying - that Cowboy takes this one because although Bendo is a good interview and comes across as a nice guy, I really dislike the way he fights. The Illuminati triangle, the Jesus'ing, the way he tucks his one lock behind his ear and looks really earnest before the round starts, his massive unproportionate legs, his sometimes boring lay n' pray style ("laying on top of you like a punk-ass bitch) and the way he eeks out close decisions in his favor (he is like a more technical, more boring Diego Sanchez in that regard).

Cowboy is my (everyone's?) idea of a fighter's fighter: will throw down with anyone, anywhere at the drop of a hat (especially a cowboy hat). He's a wild man in private, heartbreakingly honest in interviews, starts slow (like an underdog) but then locks in and starts walking his prey down, punishing with awesome kicks (even fuck you kicks, when he feels like it).

Anyway, just spent 6 hours last night crafting a highlight tribute video for Cowboy, so I guess I'm biased.

I think Cerrone can win it, he has found an answer for being pressured, but against Bendo.. it isn't the easiest to pull off.

Come on, now, you KNOW Cerrone deserved the decision in their first fight. Don't even act otherwise, but Bendo is on another than the fighters he's faced in a while. I see Cerrone pulling this out.

Back