will Cerrone fight Matt Brown February 14, 2015?

Maladroit

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Brown's new opponent hasn't been announced yet. Does that mean they'll announce Cerrone as soon as he's finished with Bendo?

Why would Cerrone go to WW?

I respect Cerrone for his willingness to take fights on such short notice, but Benson Henderson really isn't a fight you should take on 2 weeks notice, I can't see him winning that one

I think Lombard will be put in if Rory vs Lombard does not

Why would Cerrone go to WW?

for a pay day?

But seriously, people need to understand that there are different medical suspensions depending on the athletic commissin sanctionning the fight. He could very well get a 2 week no contact suspension even if he KO's Bendo under 2, or he could not be sanctionned to fight Brown in Colorado by the commission because of the crazy turnarounds...or he could suffer some injury against Bendo that requires time to heal, being Cowboy or not. Im not saying that its IMPOSSIBLE to see Cowboy fight Brown, but that has to be plan Z for the UFC right now.

The best Benson fights are ones where his opponents push him. That's Cowboy. This will be a war and Cowboy will not be ready in time for Brown, win or lose.

for a pay day?

But seriously, people need to understand that there are different medical suspensions depending on the athletic commissin sanctionning the fight. He could very well get a 2 week no contact suspension even if he KO's Bendo under 2, or he could not be sanctionned to fight Brown in Colorado by the commission because of the crazy turnarounds...or he could suffer some injury against Bendo that requires time to heal, being Cowboy or not. Im not saying that its IMPOSSIBLE to see Cowboy fight Brown, but that has to be plan Z for the UFC right now.

Even if he passed all the medicals the UFC wouldn't book him for this fight. That would be three fights in just over a month against 3 top 10 guys with the third fight being up a weight class and his most dangerous opponent

for a pay day?

Basically, this.

If Cerrone landed a headkick early in the fight and stopped Bendo without taking any damage at all, it's possible he'd be cleared to fight again. But it's more likely that doesn't happen and he'd have a very hard time getting sanctioned. People get 30 day medical suspensions for nothing more than minor cuts and bruises.

For Cerrone's part, he'd take the fight if he didn't have a serious injury. That I can almost guarantee you. He already said he'd fight WW's after he beat Jim Miller. He wants paydays, period.

I honestly think there is maybe a 5% chance of that happening, needless to say, I would be shocked

Who is else is going to take that fight? It's a month away

There are like a hundred welterweights on the roster and more than a handful that are trying to break out of the middle of the division. They should be able to find someone.

If somehow Cerrone fought Matt Brown one could only assume there is some kind of Prestige situation going on.

I thought I missed something? I know the Cowboy likes to put in the overtime but moving up to WW? TS must be confused....?

Then after that Cerrone can fight mitrione at heavyweight

Yes, from now on Cowboy will fight every two weeks. He will also fight in every weightclass.

Well he already said he'd do it at the 182 conference. That was before Benson though.

Back