Will calzaghe hopkins be closer than people think?

T

Too $hort

I have joe winning this one but I dont think it will be a one sided beat down,I think bernard has just enough left to make this a good fight.Bernard as alot of boxing ability and ring smarts to present joe with some problems,I'm sure joe will win this but hopkins does have a decent chance of winning well sort of

I agree. B-hop knows what scores with the Vegas judges, he can work in the Vegas climate, he knows how to hide his dirty tactics from the ref, he has a load of advantages of the fight being in America. having said that, I think Calzaghe will win on points

I don't see Bhop getting schooled here. Although he may loose, I think he'd make it a hit and run fight and lose that sort of decision rather than letting Joe T-Off on him.

BUT

I'm picking hopkins on an upset here. I mean come on, look at his record against Lefties and his over all performace over the last 10 years. He's only lost 2 close decisions, 1 of them should have gone his way. He's beat 2 of the best lefties the game had to offer him over the last 2 years at that weight.

BHOP

116-112 UD

I don't think anyone can win a landslide decsiion over B-Hop, not even at this stage. Hopkins will keep it close, he's to proud to just be run over.

I think it's going to be close but clear. 116-112 Calzaghe.

I don't think most are saying it'll be one-sided, a lot of people are picking Hopkins as well.

BHop won't "lose to a whiteman!"

Actually, I give a slight edge to Calzaghe. He's coming off some pretty good wins- Kessler, Manfredo, Lacy.

BHop won't "lose to a whiteman!"

Actually, I give a slight edge to Calzaghe. He's coming off some pretty good wins- Kessler, Manfredo, Lacy.

Not in disagreement about good wins, but Manfredo?

Bhop has had a good win or 2 over the last 3-4 years.. Delahoya,Tarver,Winky...

Joe has some holes in his defense that Hopkins can exploit early, and like Kessler, Hop can catch Zag with an uppercut coming in. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop Zag on his trunks early with a well-placed counter. Hopefully (for me), Joe will have the chin and ring IQ to make the necessary adjustments and pull away in the middle rounds. These rounds are key as Hopkins will probably look to close strong.

Many Zag fans are underrating Hopkins's stamina and handspeed.

Not in disagreement about good wins, but Manfredo?

Bhop has had a good win or 2 over the last 3-4 years.. Delahoya,Tarver,Winky...

Yeah, Manfredo was so so, but Kessler was/is a killer and supposedly Lacy was too.

DLH was easy enough, but Tarver and Winky were good fights- He should have been 1-1 with Taylor.

What's the history with these two trying to meet in the ring?

I was watching one of the press conferences. One of the questions was directed towards Hopkins and asked by Hopkins didn't follow through with his chance to fight Joe years back. That way, there would be no need to even worry about the mention of his age.
Hopkins didn't seem too direct in his answer. He said something like, "well it's happening now" and that it doesn't pay to talk about what happened in the past.
I was hoping for something more like, "Joe's as much to blame as I am for that".

What's the history with these two trying to meet in the ring?

I was watching one of the press conferences. One of the questions was directed towards Hopkins and asked by Hopkins didn't follow through with his chance to fight Joe years back. That way, there would be no need to even worry about the mention of his age.
Hopkins didn't seem too direct in his answer. He said something like, "well it's happening now" and that it doesn't pay to talk about what happened in the past.
I was hoping for something more like, "Joe's as much to blame as I am for that".

Quite a few years ago they were meant to meet, the deal was agreed and then overnight Hopkins doubled his demands.

i think this fight will be very close. i cant see this fight being one sided.

Quite a few years ago they were meant to meet, the deal was agreed and then overnight Hopkins doubled his demands.

Then the critiques of Joe "choosing" to fight Hopkins this late in his career are irrelevant.

Weigh In Live in 30 minutes for anyone that's interested..

hbo.com/boxing

Calzaghe always goes on about beating Lacy! Lacy is not even that good, just because Lacy was the 1st decent fighter in his prime that Joe beat-Calzaghe is a slapper and if the ref does his job then points will be coming off joe most rounds. :rolleyes:

Calzaghe always goes on about beating Lacy! Lacy is not even that good, just because Lacy was the 1st decent fighter in his prime that Joe beat-Calzaghe is a slapper and if the ref does his job then points will be coming off joe most rounds. :rolleyes:

If the ref does his job as you put it B-Hop could be getting DQed. As for Lacy this was the next big thing at SMW and Calzaghe ruined him.

Back