Will Caleb Plant be America’s Great White champ?

JkMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If he wins this fight, can he be a defending champion? There isn’t much white American world champ at all. The last time I knew of a white world champ was Chris algeri and tommy Morrison and both of them weren’t even long reigning champs. Yes, I know there was plenty of white american boxing world champs, but majority of those were from back in the days like in the fuckin 1900’s-1980’s or something.

Edit: congrats on Caleb plant to get the W and being first white American world champ since Chris Algeri.

Last edited:
Boxing isn't that popular with young whites i dont think it will do much

the white champ thing is overblown.

Ali, Tyson, Oscar, JCC, Manny, SRL, RJJ, etc... all extremely popular.

Knew there was gunna be one of these threads after the fight

<{Heymansnicker}>

Most of them r more into mma.

This feels like a funny sentence to type out, but here it goes:

I don't hear 'young whites' talking about mma like they used to. The "MMA will conquer the sporting world in just FIVE MORE YEARS" exuberance of 2005-2007 feels long gone with.

Before Algieri was who? Pavlik?
Oh yea, pavlik. But before pavlik, I can only think of tommy Morrison. I’m not a hardcore boxing fan like how I am for mma, so I’ll let the hardcore boxing fans answer us.

This feels like a funny sentence to type out, but here it goes:

I don't hear 'young whites' talking about mma like they used to. The "MMA will conquer the sporting world in just FIVE MORE YEARS" exuberance of 2005-2007 feels long gone with.
The hype has definitely died off most of the fans are in their 30s and 40s with kids now. Young kids these days are more into gaming, social media and nfl/NBA . Even euro soccer has grown in popularity thanks to fifa games

Oh yea, pavlik. But before pavlik, I can only think of tommy Morrison. I’m not a hardcore boxing fan like how I am for mma, so I’ll let the hardcore boxing fans answer us.

So, not being a "hardcore boxing fan".... why do you care?

the white champ thing is overblown.

Ali, Tyson, Oscar, JCC, Manny, SRL, RJJ, etc... all extremely popular.

Tyson and Ali were villains (until Ali had a new villain in Foreman), RJJ was never that huge of a draw. Leonard is the one exception, the rest were mainly popular among ethnic minorities and their own Countrymen. Ask Kelly Pavlik, Ray Mancini, or Arturo Gatti how overblown it is. Throw in Pazienza. Decent fighters who made MILLIONS by capturing Boxing's most sought-after demographic.

What is this mess? I’m so tired of race based anything right now. I don’t care if a guy is green , if he can fight I’ll watch him.

I so wish I could give a post a thumbs down.. whooo

What is this mess? I’m so tired of race based anything right now. I don’t care if a guy is green , if he can fight I’ll watch him.

I'd bet my house you aint white. Lol

Tyson and Ali were villains (until Ali had a new villain in Foreman), RJJ was never that huge of a draw. Leonard is the one exception, the rest were mainly popular among ethnic minorities and their own Countrymen. Ask Kelly Pavlik, Ray Mancini, or Arturo Gatti how overblown it is. Throw in Pazienza. Decent fighters who made MILLIONS by capturing Boxing's most sought-after demographic.
Pavlik was a bigger draw than rjj?

It's rabble-rousers who don't care about the sport (which is fine) and clearly no shit about this subforum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back