Will Burkman get another chance in the UFC ?

dana said he had the flu and was also injured and couldnt train the last 3 weeks or some shit. sounded like he'll be kept.

This. Dana actually sounded pretty happy with him when mentioning all that

prob gave him that fight so they could renegotiate his contract after a loss - hes prob getting paid well at the moment in order to compete w his other offfer

Not a fan but shit he better not. Throw the guy to Lombard then cut him? Would be some bull.

Why not?

Apparently, he took the fight no one else wanted to.

The fuck is with everyone comparing 182 fights to the Kalib Starnes fight? So dramatic.

Burkman is not getting cut, Dana likes him and even said he had more respect for him after this fight cause he fought hurt and with the flu apparently. If anything, Hector's stock goes down, Dana doesn't look too forward to book him again anytime soon.

dana's a piece of shit. hector should have stayed in bellator. he's usually exciting and more often than not his fights have a finish. all he wants to do is stay active and uncle fester can't even book him fights

I think it's Legit FUCKED UP that the ufc would sign a goof like burkman or CM punk and not askren.

On top of that they give Burkman a fight on the main PPV card, completely untested in the ufc welterweight ecosystem against the guy that no body wanted to fight (clearly including burkman)

I think Burkman would fuck up Askren.

The UFC has such a need now to fill all the lower under card spots they will probably keep him around, but I would cut him on principle alone. He was on the main card of a PPV, he knew he wasn't prepared at all and then fucked the UFC so he could get paid.

He should of had a heart to heart with Dana, bowed out, took another fight later on and let the UFC put someone else in that was going to have a better showing.

You think he fucked the UFC by fighting injured and sick against a guy that everyone else was afraid of? You don't think pulling out would've fucked the UFC even more? If anyone fucked the UFC, it was Lombard. Dude was so afraid to gas out, he couldn't turn it up against a guy that could barely defend himself.

Burkman's a good dude. He seemed to be a cool guy on TUF and should stick around even after this loss. He's probably in the best form of his career.

It's his 2nd run at the UFC, against Lombard with flu, he'd have had to been nervous.

He'll do fine against a top 15 WW, perhaps a guy like Tarec Saffedine or Mike Pyle would be a good next fight

The UFC has such a need now to fill all the lower under card spots they will probably keep him around, but I would cut him on principle alone. He was on the main card of a PPV, he knew he wasn't prepared at all and then fucked the UFC so he could get paid.

He should of had a heart to heart with Dana, bowed out, took another fight later on and let the UFC put someone else in that was going to have a better showing.

Haha you should be a manager. You make things sound so easy. I'm sure that's how it works, Dana seems like such an understanding guy.

burkman looked decent, given the guy he was fighting. i'd like to see him fight another top guy.

I believe he helped out Joe Silva by taking this fight. They were having trouble getting Lombard a fight. When you do favors for the UFC you almost always get extra chances.

He fought with the flu and went to a decision with the #6 WW Fighter in the World

He deserves another fight.

Josh was my last Armature fight and most famous person I hold a victory over. I have to live through him

He will get another shot.

Nobody wanted to fight Hector and he stepped up. He took a bit of a beating and did what he had to do to survive (including sort of running) but he should get another fight which he is gonna have to win or FOTN or he will be back in the minors.

He fought with the flu and went to a decision with the #6 WW Fighter in the World

He deserves another fight.

Josh was my last Armature fight and most famous person I hold a victory over. I have to live through him

wow, really? that's impressive, man.

They have way worse guys at WW... waaaaaaaaaay worse.

He stepped in and took a fight with a guy who nobody wants to fight.

Yeah I think he should. He's an experienced veteran who lost to an elite WW with uncanny abilities.

On top of that he didn't even get finished. Also displayed a monster chin and clearly wasn't afraid of Hector.

He's tough and durable and was the only person willing to fight Lombard. He'll be fine, he'll get 1-2 more winnable fights to keep him around.

Back