Will Burkman get another chance in the UFC ?

Survived Lombard, I'd say there is a Fight Night in his future.

Cut him. There has got to be someone better who can take his spot.

I hope not. That was terrible. He was almost doing a Starnes impression.

winner or loser of Alves/Mein or Thatch/Thompson has got to fight someone

I hope not. That was terrible. He was almost doing a Starnes impression.

Not really he dropped his hands and was baiting Lombard to trade , not smart but not starnes either

dana said he had the flu and was also injured and couldnt train the last 3 weeks or some shit. sounded like he'll be kept.

minus him gassing, he showed a good chin, threw some heavy strikes, showed decent grappling. I think he deserves another shot for sure.

The fuck is with everyone comparing 182 fights to the Kalib Starnes fight? So dramatic.

Burkman is not getting cut, Dana likes him and even said he had more respect for him after this fight cause he fought hurt and with the flu apparently. If anything, Hector's stock goes down, Dana doesn't look too forward to book him again anytime soon.

okami got cut after he lost to jacare. and shileds got cut after he lost to lombard.

But burkman likes to throw leather so he will get another chance

The UFC has such a need now to fill all the lower under card spots they will probably keep him around, but I would cut him on principle alone. He was on the main card of a PPV, he knew he wasn't prepared at all and then fucked the UFC so he could get paid.

He should of had a heart to heart with Dana, bowed out, took another fight later on and let the UFC put someone else in that was going to have a better showing.

He actually said lombard should have Done more to finish burkeman? Didn't really think they were hating on lombard but that is the first time I heard him say something like that about a fighter who ran.....I thought it was a decent fight if he was sick he did a good job fighting sick I think lombard is a hard puzzle to solve especially when getting punched in the face

okami got cut after he lost to jacare. and shileds got cut after he lost to lombard.

Use some logic. Okami and Shields were both, according to Dana, on the downsides of their career and couldn't progress any further than they already have. Burkman, on the other hand, has improved tremendously over the last few years and has plenty to offer to the company. Therefore, he will stay.

Burkman clearly lost that fight, but he was a hell of a lot more impressive than either Okami or Shields in their last UFC fights.

He stepped up to fight Lombard when no one else wanted to, and didn't do too bad. He'll stay for one or two more fights for sure.

Use some logic. Okami and Shields were both, according to Dana, on the downsides of their career and couldn't progress any further than they already have. Burkman, on the other hand, has improved tremendously over the last few years and has plenty to offer to the company. Therefore, he will stay.

Don't go that far. Burkman is a name in the UFC, with a connection to early TUF. He's getting old, but he can be a trophy on a few walls before they are done with him.

I think it's Legit FUCKED UP that the ufc would sign a goof like burkman or CM punk and not askren.

On top of that they give Burkman a fight on the main PPV card, completely untested in the ufc welterweight ecosystem against the guy that no body wanted to fight (clearly including burkman)

Back