Will Brooks would be top 3 in UFC

Snergle

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
And he would beat Khabib relatively easily. The only difficult fights for him are RDA, Cerrone (if he comes back to 155), and Tony Ferguson (if he doesn't fight stupid)

Chandler would also be top 10, arguably top 5 as well (he's clearly 2-0 against Eddie and should be 1-1 against Brooks)

Here's hoping they make their way to the UFC (and Will stops cryin about everything)

And Hector Lombard was gonna be the man to beat Anderson silva right before he made his UFC debut and lost to Tim Bostch lol.

And Askren is the man to rule over the WW division with an iron fist after the Sapo fiasco.

And Hector Lombard was gonna be the man to beat Anderson silva right before he made his UFC debut and lost to Tim Bostch lol.

Dumb, Hector Lombard is ridiculously short for 185 and never beat a fighter as good as Chandler. Additionally, Lombard's style was not conductive to being a top fighter against bigger equally skilled men (Judo + power doesn't mean dick to superior strikers like Anderson/Vitor, superior grapplers like Chael/Okami)

Brooks is enormous for 155, and has a top wrestling background, which is sorely lacking in the 155 top 10. He'll exploit most of the fighters' inability to wrestle

And Askren is the man to rule over the WW division with an iron fist after the Sapo fiasco.
Again, dumb. Askren's style is heavily negated by the likes of Hendricks, Woodley, Lombard, Lawler (to a lesser extent), Maia, Rory, etc...

He's also much smaller and weaker than all of the aforementioned.

I hope one day we can see him in UFC
I don't agree about Chandler's wins, IMO he lost to Eddie in the rematch and Brooks has shown to be better tham him in both fights (I think he is slighty better and more well rounded than Eddie too)

Dumb, Hector Lombard is ridiculously short for 185 and never beat a fighter as good as Chandler. Additionally, Lombard's style was not conductive to being a top fighter against bigger equally skilled men (Judo + power doesn't mean dick to superior strikers like Anderson/Vitor, superior grapplers like Chael/Okami)

Brooks is enormous for 155, and has a top wrestling background, which is sorely lacking in the 155 top 10. He'll exploit most of the fighters' inability to wrestle

That's what you say now. I highly doubt you were among the 10% of posters in this forum who sayd Okami could take Lombard down or outjab him. 90% of poster sayd otherwise, and they had reason to say so: an Olympic judoka with freak strengh and power? And at least he was KOing guys right and left in Bellator.

Brooks isnt even able to finish guys in Bellator and you say he will be a top 5 in UFC lol. The top 5 in UFC would likely fiished the competition that Brooks has had in Bellator

That's what you say now. I highly doubt you were among the 10% of posters in this forum who sayd Okami could take Lombard down or outjab him. 90% of poster sayd otherwise, and they had reason to say so: an Olympic judoka with freak strengh and power? And at least he was KOing guys right and left in Bellator.

Brooks isnt even able to finish guys in Bellator and you say he will be a top 5 in UFC lol. The top 5 in UFC would likely fiished the competition that Brooks has had in Bellator

Okami was always a tough match for Lombard given that he was bigger and stronger, which is one of Lombards strongest attributes. Even with this disadvantage, Hector nearly finished Okami in the third round of their fight, and the round was competitive on the feet.

Lombard also didn't KO Shlemenko, in fact he lost the 5th round to him. That fight toned down the hype train a great deal (not as much as the Boetsch "loss" though)

Finishing means nothing. GSP wouldn't finish Lima, Koreshkov, or even Good, but does that matter? He'd still dominate them, much like Brooks is dominating Bellator.

The top 5 may finish most of Brooks' competition, but do you seriously think guys like Pettis and Melendez, who lost to Eddie, would be favorites over Chandler, who should be 2-0 against him? Never mind being likely to finish him?

Guys like Held and Jansen would do fine in the UFC as well, granted not top 10 or 15.

I don't think Brooks is some next level fighter, but the UFC LW division has a lack of wrestlers in the top 10. A guy like Khabib, whose wrestling is extremely overrated (zero top control, meh TDD, no explosive takedowns) is being considered the uncrown King and some elite fighter. Hell, the champion has a history of being out wrestled, from Guida, to Tibau, to Dunham, to Cerrone (round 3), even to High.

Okami, a clinch fighter, wasnt a tough match up for Lombard on paper. And I disagree he was for being "bigger and stronger", he won the technical/tactical battle, not by physycal imposition. Actually Lombard is way more of a freak athlete than Okami is, much more cheating with drugs.

I do think Brooks is the Bellator fighter with better chances of getting in the top 5 in the UFC, along with Davis and Henderson. I think he can beat some top ten, but RDA, Pettis, Melendez, Cerrone, Khabib are all favourites over Brooks in a fight. By the way, would you favour him over Ben Henderson, who was actually out of the top 5 in UFC?

storm at the time was rated about the same as Chandler.

I do see the point you are trying to get at BUT Brooks biggest win is easily Chandler and that isnt enough for me personally to see he will be top 3.

As of right NOW I could see him being a fringe top 10 fighter in the UFC. I mean that weightclass is full of killers, he's a guppy swimming with sharks... He's only 29 and his best wins are Chandler and Eddie, which is nothing to scoff at by any means... though so he has a lot more time to improve, fix holes in his game, hone in on his techniques more, and learn new things to mix in... I could see him top 5 somewhere down the road, but not QUITE yet.

As of right NOW I could see him being a fringe top 10 fighter in the UFC. I mean that weightclass is full of killers, he's a guppy swimming with sharks... He's only 29 and his best wins are Chandler and Eddie, which is nothing to scoff at by any means... though so he has a lot more time to improve, fix holes in his game, hone in on his techniques more, and learn new things to mix in... I could see him top 5 somewhere down the road, but not QUITE yet.

Sadly, Alvarez's fight has never happened

The division is too deep to speculate that much. They need to release him so the UFC can sign and then we can find out.

Sadly, Alvarez's fight has never happened
Yes I actually know this... I had posted that and then I took my dog straight outside after... So I was walking my dog when I randomly started thinking about MMA as I so often do and my mind happened to drift back towards this thread and I had realized I had said Will Brooks beat Eddie when I meant Michael Chandler has a win over Eddie (and a loss) SO THE MMA MATH IS Eddie Alvarez < Michael Chandler < Will Brooks yuhtttt my bad.

And he would beat Khabib relatively easily. The only difficult fights for him are RDA, Cerrone (if he comes back to 155), and Tony Ferguson (if he doesn't fight stupid)

Chandler would also be top 10, arguably top 5 as well (he's clearly 2-0 against Eddie and should be 1-1 against Brooks)

Here's hoping they make their way to the UFC (and Will stops cryin about everything)

I am really anxious to see how Will matches up with some UFC fighters and to finally see him fight Eddie Alvarez.

Good points. Will never fought Eddie though. Eddie relinquished the title when he jumped over to the UFC.

Excited to see Brooks in Ufc but lol at anyone beating Khabib easy

He's already #4 in the world according to Fight Matrix, Eddie is now #2.

I think Brooks would have a great chance of winning the UFC LW belt.

Yes I actually know this... I had posted that and then I took my dog straight outside after... So I was walking my dog when I randomly started thinking about MMA as I so often do and my mind happened to drift back towards this thread and I had realized I had said Will Brooks beat Eddie when I meant Michael Chandler has a win over Eddie (and a loss) SO THE MMA MATH IS Eddie Alvarez < Michael Chandler < Will Brooks yuhtttt my bad.

oh man I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only crazy one who use to discuss about MMA with himself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back