Will Brooks Will Be Champion By 2017

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If your only memory of Will Brooks is his UFC debut, then I know you're probably laughing right now. But the guy is actually a legit threat to the title. He can do everything that Eddie Alvarez can but better and without getting wobbled in virtually every fight. He's a very good wrestler and grappler, so he's not going to be hesitant to strike with Khabib. Conor McGregor doesn't pose a threat to his championship ambitions, either, not with his suspect wrestling defense.

Last edited:
If your only memory of Will Brooks is his UFC debut, then I know you're probably laughing right now. But the guy is actually a legit threat to the title. He can do everything that Eddie Alvarez can but better, minus the questionable chin. He's a very good wrestler and grappler, so he's not going to be hesitant to strike with Khabib. Conor McGregor doesn't pose a threat to his championship ambitions, either, not with his suspect wrestling defense.

I'm telling you the guy has a bad chin. I feel like he could be knocked out at any moment and even though he's usually far better then his opponents that chin is going to hold him back mark my words. He should RUN through Oliveira and a lot of other guys but don't be surprised if he gets KO'd along the way.

On top of that the UFC is NOT going to give this guy a fast track to the belt. He's going to have to go the Khabib and Wonderboy route to get a title shot.

Will Brooks is a serious contender. He could beat Eddie Alvarez IMO

If your only memory of Will Brooks is his UFC debut, then I know you're probably laughing right now. But the guy is actually a legit threat to the title. He can do everything that Eddie Alvarez can but better, minus the questionable chin. He's a very good wrestler and grappler, so he's not going to be hesitant to strike with Khabib. Conor McGregor doesn't pose a threat to his championship ambitions, either, not with his suspect wrestling defense.
It's possible but he's not on Eddies level striking at all and he has a questionable chin. That being said, I think he's a nightmare for Eddie and Khabib, Khabib won't be able to take him down and Eddie won't be able to keep it standing...and will has just enough striking to mix it up with Eddie and keep him honest and he butchers Khabib on the feet

Brooks is pretty good, his striking isn't anything special tho. Saying it's better than Eddie's is just laughable. If Cowboy can defend some takedowns tomorrow you might gonna see that yourself...

Eh, he is still a pretty raw fighter. I watched his Bellator fights. I thought Chandler won the first fight, and the second one ended...weird?? He won that fight, but a strange ending none the less. I'm not saying he won't be a champ. I just think 2017 may be a bit too soon.

He's a dark horse in the division...Brooks might be the only guy that Khabib can't ragdoll in the division, guy is massive, good wrestling, strong and fast with a good amount of 5 round experiance. He's a pretty good striker too, definitely improving.

Surprisingly I think McGregor could potentially be his biggest threat, not even Dos Anjos or Khabib...even with the wrestling and stamina factors, McGregor is going to KO Brooks if he lands clean.

Brooks has ways to win against virtually everyone at lightweight but his chin and lack of defense at times can come back and bite him in the ass as well.

I sure hope so, I like the guy but he hasn't beaten anyone(top 10) yet so hard to say.

Haven't watched too much of Brooks but according to Heavy Hands he is a 5 round fighter. If he wins vs The Brazilian Cowboy I would like to see him in a main event vs someone like Braboza.

Does he have the skills sure will he get a title shot by 2017 don't make me laugh

He could. Bellator is for real.
Daniel Straus is really good too, his only problem is fight IQ.

When Conor wins the LW division will retire like the Featherweight division so Brooks will only fight for the interim belt if he was to get there.

If your only memory of Will Brooks is his UFC debut, then I know you're probably laughing right now. But the guy is actually a legit threat to the title. He can do everything that Eddie Alvarez can but better and without getting wobbled in virtually every fight. He's a very good wrestler and grappler, so he's not going to be hesitant to strike with Khabib. Conor McGregor doesn't pose a threat to his championship ambitions, either, not with his suspect wrestling defense.

<mma4>

Back