Will Brooks vs Marcin Held Bellator145 in November

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Will Brooks will attempt to defend his LW world title against Marcin Held in November. The last of the bjorn tourney title fights.

Will brooks confirmed it on his twitter.

Awesome. Been on the Held wagon for a long while now. Hope he wins.

i wish a guy like brooks fought 3 times a year. He wants to, which sucks for him. Bellator turning into one fc in terms of having inactive fighters

I could see this going like Melendez/Aoki but I'm rooting for Held.

So called "top" posters on here always spreading rumors. I'm glad this fight is happening though.

Held is one of the least talked about, underrated grappler in the sport today. He is phenomenal on the ground. I love his fights, because he is one of those guys that even when it looks like he is losing, you don't count him out because he makes it happen.

Good to hear, think Brooks takes it.

He hasnt seemed happy on twitter recently so maybe this cheer him up.

Held is one of the least talked about, underrated grappler in the sport today. He is phenomenal on the ground. I love his fights, because he is one of those guys that even when it looks like he is losing, you don't count him out because he makes it happen.

Crazy to think chandler subbed him in his like 6th fight

Have Marcin Held and John Pollock of Fight Network ever been in the same room at the same time?

I think Held tires early trying to force a takedown, Brooks takes over 2nd round and (T)KOs him somewhere in the championship rounds.

Eh more looking forward to RDA/Cerrone 2. I like the fight a lot though. Can't believe Held is 23.

Both are good but yeah RDA/Cowboy is for the LW world title, way RDA crushed Pettis and way Cowboy has looked.

Thats such a sick fight.

Just hope Eddie/Diaz/Pettis/Khabib gets made, UFC LW div is so stacked right now.

Eh more looking forward to RDA/Cerrone 2. I like the fight a lot though. Can't believe Held is 23.

Really? I'm not really that pumped at all for that fight. RDA's style is exactly the kind that breaks Cerrone. Should be a nice showcase for RDA's wrestling and power strikes.

Brooks-Held, will most likely be contested on the feet. Brooks didn't go to the ground with Jansen and I doubt he will with Held. Held has some sweet trips and pulls guard but Will will power out of them.

Both fights are fairly predictable but the challengers have that wild card factor that makes them both interesting, just nothing to get overexcited about.

I think Held tires early trying to force a takedown, Brooks takes over 2nd round and (T)KOs him somewhere in the championship rounds.

ss71vw6r21k5.gif

Held is going to try everything in the book I'm sure.

Really? I'm not really that pumped at all for that fight. RDA's style is exactly the kind that breaks Cerrone. Should be a nice showcase for RDA's wrestling and power strikes.

Brooks-Held, will most likely be contested on the feet. Brooks didn't go to the ground with Jansen and I doubt he will with Held. Held has some sweet trips and pulls guard but Will will power out of them.

Both fights are fairly predictable but the challengers have that wild card factor that makes them both interesting, just nothing to get overexcited about.

Actually in their first fight it was Cerrone that finished strong and took the last round. RDA's cardio looked phenomenal against Pettis but it seemed to me that it was more the 3rd round adjustments made by Cowboy that resulted in him taking it.

RDA should def. be favored but it being 5 rounds increases Cerrone's chances and gives him a decent shot to take a dec.

Back