Will Brooks vs Edson Barboza UFC fight night 96?

if Brooks fights like he did against PEarson he is going to get fucking destroyed.

Bullshit.

He wishes he could have the honor of getting a high ranked ass kicking that quickly.

I don't think Brooks deserves to fight Edson already. He should fight Dustin, Green, Dariush or Iaquinta.

Hope it's true? Brooks doesn't deserve a fight like Barboza yet. Home skillet 'bout to get lit up.
<mma2>

Doesn't deserve Barboza? He's a Top 10 LW and left Bellator as the champion.

I'll watch that shit. Still like Barboza though. Let's see how Paige handles some elite competition in MMA

So I think people are short changing Ill Will a little here. He came into that Ross Pearson fight on short notice, it was his first fight at the big show and he won the fight convincingly... coasted a little in the last round but again it was short notice and the first time UFC adrenaline dump being considered, it was a nice showing. Brooks is smart for calling out Edson, maybe he sees something in his game he thinks he can exploit and if he wins that, wow does he jump up in the rankings. Edson may be smart to take it too. If he wins it impressively, headlining an FS1 card, that would keep him on course for that title shot and maybe like the rest of you Edson sees it as a squash match.

I'm just saying I don't hate it and I think Will Brooks' abilities and potential are largely unknown for everyone to be throwing so much shade on him.

Don't sleep on Ill Will. Bellator thought he was going to be a sacrificial lamb for Michael Chandler and he ended up beating him worse than Eddie did. Twice in fact. Joe Silva and the UFC knows this and Will Brooks is on the short track to the top 5.

Good fight for Brooks.

Bad fight for Barboza. He needs to be aiming for Khabib, Ferguson (again), and RDA.

If Barboza beats Pettis, Gil, and Brooks, in a row, he's gonna be way up there in contention. More impressive than Ferguson's streak, even.
Yes it would but keep in mind that El Cucuy has a win over Barboza from the not to distant past.

That has to count for something.

Hope it's true? Brooks doesn't deserve a fight like Barboza yet. Home skillet 'bout to get lit up.
<mma2>

Eddie Alvarez was the last Bellator champ before Brooks. Brooks has a submission win and a split decision loss with Alvarez. Eddie came to the UFC and was immediately thrown in with Cerrone. No one talked about him not deserving it. He lost that fight but then did what Cowboy never could and is now the UFC champ. Brooks is just trying to follow that same path. Barboza is a tough fight for any LW but the top Bellator LW's are no joke and Brooks definitely deserves to fight a top guy. Alvarez already proved that.

Eddie Alvarez was the last Bellator champ before Brooks. Brooks has a submission win and a split decision loss with Alvarez. Eddie came to the UFC and was immediately thrown in with Cerrone. No one talked about him not deserving it. He lost that fight but then did what Cowboy never could and is now the UFC champ. Brooks is just trying to follow that same path. Barboza is a tough fight for any LW but the top Bellator LW's are no joke and Brooks definitely deserves to fight a top guy. Alvarez already proved that.
Brooks and Alvarez have never fought

makes no sense for barboza to wait that long to fight a fighter that is ranked way below him (even melendez fight didn't make that much sense after barboza had beaten pettis). Sounds like brooks is just trying to talk himself into a fight against a highly ranked guy.

Added a question mark to the title

TY kindly sir.

I like the matchup, in like a year. After Will Brooks has a UFC resume longer than Ross Pearson.

Barboza's on the cusp of a title shot, I know a fight with Alvarez is unlikely but he shouldn't be fighting Brooks. Top 5 or I don't get it.

Think he does. They give Eddie Cerrone, Pettis, and Gilbert I think he deserves Barboza. Finishing Chandler isn't an easy task.

Doesn't deserve Barboza? He's a Top 10 LW and left Bellator as the champion.

Did you even watch the fight against a B level opponent in Pearson? I'm not saying the dude isn't good, but needs to ease in. Give him a Joe Lauzon or Jim Miller caliber fighter. I mean, had he smashed Pearson, I would agree with you. But that wasn't the case. Against an opponent that seemingly is always on the verge of being cut?

Also, regarding Eddie Alvarez comparison, firstly, Pearson is no Cerrone, nor are they even close. Secondly, Eddie almost ended Cerrone's life in that first round, and proved he deserved to be in there with top comp.

TY kindly sir.

I like the matchup, in like a year. After Will Brooks has a UFC resume longer than Ross Pearson.

Barboza's on the cusp of a title shot, I know a fight with Alvarez is unlikely but he shouldn't be fighting Brooks. Top 5 or I don't get it.
I agree. I understand the call out but Barboza is ready for bigger things.

Did you even watch the fight against a B level opponent in Pearson? I'm not saying the dude isn't good, but needs to ease in. Give him a Joe Lauzon or Jim Miller caliber fighter. I mean, had he smashed Pearson, I would agree with you. But that wasn't the case. Against an opponent that seemingly is always on the verge of being cut?

Also, regarding Eddie Alvarez comparison, firstly, Pearson is no Cerrone, nor are they even close. Secondly, Eddie almost ended Cerrone's life in that first round, and proved he deserved to be in there with top comp.

As others pointed out to you, Brooks took the Pearson fight on short notice when Krause pulled out. No one said Pearson was any Cerrone. I think you shortchange Ross a lot though. He's never been close to being cut and has battled some of the best.

I was comparing the current Barboza to Cerrone as caliber of opposition. Eddie got Cerrone in his first fight in the UFC and lost but he showed he deserved to be there. Brooks fighting Barboza isn't outlandish at all.

Last edited:
Will Brooks posted on twitter that he will fight Edson Barboza in Portland at ufc fight night 96, i dont know how legit this is but lets hope this is true.

"When: Oct. 1st Where: @ufc in Portland Why: I'm on a title hunt & fans like the match up Who: @EdsonBarbozaJR"

He gave Will brooks a favor, I thought he only wanted people ahead of him in ranking.... RDA vs Barboza would have been a fighter fight for barboza.. Will brooks is a bad matchup for barboza...

Back