Media Will Brooks stuffing all of Michael Chandler's takedown attempts

If Will Brooks fought Chandler 100 times I could see him winning 95 times.

Reactions: mkt
Hes the biggest bust ever IMO. Most other fighters ppl call busts already had a ton of wear and tear, injuries and fights in the game when they got into UFC. And were already well into their 30s.

Brooks was 17-1, only fought pro for 5 years, no injury history and just turned 30yo. He was the definition of a bust.

Sokoudjou and Houston Alexander for me, but he’s right behind them.

That punch from Brooks on the way up actually concussed Chandler, causing him to forget where he is and what's going on. You can see him asking "What happened?" after the fight was stopped. It is one of the most bizarre knockouts I've ever seen considering he never really went out but was concussed and lost his memory.

He was knocked out on the feet. He didn't know what was going on. A scary knockout

Damn that’s crazy. Thank you for the answers good sirs.

Did Chandler ever explain the ending to that fight? Seemed like a weird sequence of events.

Damn.. the disrespect...
Hallman? Next you guys would be comparing him to Buster Douglass.

Brooks was a way better fighter leading up to the chandler fights. For some reason after his ufc debut he became shit, and even after leaving the ufc stayed shit. But before that he was consistently so damn good.

I won good bets on both fights with out doubting a sec.

Brooks was a really good fighter when he was on. sherdog thinks he’s a bum or something.

Did Chandler ever explain the ending to that fight? Seemed like a weird sequence of events.

He thought he was poked in the eye during the that sequence. . But at the press conference he said he was bruised up and swollen and what he thought was a poke was from a punch after he saw the replay . And gave beooks credit.

Sure anything can happen. But certain outcomes can also be predicted. As far as MMAth not meaning anything, I disagree. It usually means a lot less than people using it thinks it does, especially when chaining it together (fighter a beat fighter b who beat fighter c, so a can beat c.) But comparing common opponents can be useful in seeing how two different fighters deal with the same threats.

Yep I totally agree! My comment of MMA math meaning nothing was geared to the math that says fighter a beat fighter b and so on........ Comparing opponents is a great way to get insight on how a particular matchup might play out. Great point!

Yes but can Charles survive with chandler before he gassed? . I don't think so because of how bad his striking defense is.
Yes I think so. Neither guy has good defense and I believe Charles has the speed advantage. He's going to be able to find the shots quicker. Chandler has the power so we'll see. I think Charles get him on a front kick.

Goiti had the speed advantage so he chose to wrestle goiti. Couldn't keep up with him on the feet. All goiti was doing was controlling the lead hand and being stationary while they were on the feet

He thought he was poked in the eye during the that sequence. . But at the press conference he said he was bruised up and swollen and what he thought was a poke was from a punch after he saw the replay . And gave beooks credit.
Thanks for the info sir

Brooks had some really impressive fights before coming to UFC. I thought he was future UFC LW champ coming in for sure. Boy was I wrong.

while you are at it, show the short clip of pitbull knocking chandler out.

Reactions: mkt
Will Brooks was red hot and then he was not. PED's? Hard to explain the ass-whoopin' he got in the UFC. Will Chandler do better? Yeah, so far...but I still think UFC fighters are on average, fighting at a higher level than Bellator fighters. This is Chandler's hill to climb and we'll see where he's at.

Last edited:
Mmath is always on the agenda of the day around here with shit posters.

Sokoudjou and Houston Alexander for me, but he’s right behind them.
Those two were quite different. When Sok came to the UFC, he was 23 (some allege he may have been a little older--I don't know if he had a legit birth certificate from Cameroon). He had a solid judo background and appeared to be a good kickboxer with a lot of power (he KO'd Little Nog and Arona in Pride). However, Machida gave the blueprint for beating him--be cautious in the 1st round when Sok is the most dangerous, then start turning things up in the 2nd round. Sok's next 3 losses all came in the 2nd round. It turns out his cardio was poor, and his judo didn't really go beyond some pretty throws in MMA. But he looked like a very solid prospect with a long, successful future.

Houston was 35 when he upset Keith Jardine and got on everyone's radar with his uppercut KO. Jardine was a more well-rounded and proven fighter, but he always had a suspect chin...so anyone with power had a puncher's chance against him. Houston had almost no ground game, as evidenced in his next fight where he choke slammed Thiago Silva (looked cool, but didn't accomplish much). Thiago then submitted him almost immediately. I never thought Houston had much of a future--other than a puncher's chance here and there. Maybe if he started younger and had some better cross-training.

Did he retire?
I don't think, but he left PFL, which seemed like a mistake to me. He had a 2-1 record there. He was last seen losing to a really old Tibau by submission in China in 2019. So who knows

Back