Will Boxing historians count Floyd jrs 50th win over Conor?

It counts, statistically, on his record.

But no historians will gaf or talk about it as being a relevant win to add to his legacy, nor increase his place amongst the greats.

But no historians will gaf or talk about it as being a relevant win to add to his legacy, nor increase his place amongst the greats.
Likewise the majority of Floyds fights.

50-0 for me. Even Conor would’ve been better than floyds first few opponents. And about 5 weight classes bigger. And he’s been boxing since he was a teenager. He’s not the novice that some like to make out, he’s at the standard of an average pro, all things considered

Last edited:
50-0 for me. Even Conor would’ve been better than floyds first few opponents. And about 5 weight classes bigger. And he’s been boxing since he was a teenager. He’s not the novice that some like to make out, he’s at the standard of an average pro

But that’s missing the point. Floyd shouldn't be fighting someone like his first few opponents when he's 49-0, so whether that's Conor or novice boxers, it's padded record going on at the END of his career.

It is relevant since he broke Marcianos 49-0. That's the problem.

I'm pretty sure Sugar Ray Robinson has wins over one or two tomato cans. And I mean opponents worse than McGregor.

Also I doubt that TS is as familiar with Edgar Ayala and Roberto Apodaca as he pretends to be.

But that’s missing the point. Floyd shouldn't be fighting someone like his first few opponents when he's 49-0, so whether that's Conor or novice boxers, it's padded record going on at the END of his career.

tbh I don’t really care either way. And it’s not as historic as it would be as it’s not the longest unbeaten record for a champion either

tbh I don’t really care either way. And it’s not as historic as it would be as it’s not the longest unbeaten record for a champion either

As far as I know, Floyd and Marciano are the only champions that retired undefeated

If I really wanted to cement my legacy in the world of boxing, the last thing I would do is have a swan song vs an MMA fighter. That's circus level bullshit.

As far as I know, Floyd and Marciano are the only champions that retired undefeated

You may be right with retired.

The current minimum weight wbc champ is 54-0. Been champ for 9 years and hardly anyone knows the guys he’s beat. Neither of us would rate his career as high as floyds or rockys. And that’s my point. whether people count mcgregor or not, it isn’t an important fight in his legacy. who’s got the better resume between those 2 is for the many boxing historians in this sub section! I’m not really qualified to give a fact based opinion, I’d probably edge towards floyd with or without Conors name on his record

that shit is so stupid. Floyd had what? 5 or 6 "gimme" fights in his career? how many did Chavez have? should his first 89 fights count because they all came at the beginning? but Floyd's one easy fight at the end not count? Marciano fought a guy 4-14 in his 35th fight, well after he was champ. should that one count? Chayaphon Moonsri's 52nd win was against a guy 4-9. does that count?

If I really wanted to cement my legacy in the world of boxing, the last thing I would do is have a swan song vs an MMA fighter. That's circus level bullshit.
yea, I am sure that 100 million would be turned down by you out of principal

Sure, it's on his record. You just don't rate it highly because it's not a good win. The people comparing Conor to Floyds early opponents hit it on the nose. Conor was sanctioned to fight in a professional boxing match; he was a professional. So of course you count it. You just don't rate it because he's not good.

It counts as a win because it was a sanctioned fight and Conor was making his pro debut.

But he's not a boxer. Everybody Marciano fought was a boxer. Having one fight does not make you a boxer.
Officially he is. He got his pro boxing license and had his fight with Floyd sanctioned by the commission, politics aside. Having one fight does make you a boxer just not in the truest sense. You'll have been licensed to box and your bout would've been sanctioned by the local/state athletic commission. When fighters 'turn pro' they make their debut in the sport and that's what Conor did.

It is what it is. A win over a 0-0 opponent, that will always be in the record books,

I believe McGregor gave Pauli as good as he got in sparring. McGregor didn’t deserve to share the ring with Floyd but I believe he would be good enough to take something like the Irish title.

If Floyd at 40 fought some irish champion who was a decade younger and bigger than him as his final fight to secure 50-0 very few would judge.

he came out of retirement to take a last big payday in an easy fight. 50-0 stands and Floyd is one of the if not the all time greatest.

People just love to hate him.

Here's an easier way to look at it. If the fight is listed on either Fight Fax or BoxRec then it counts as an officially sanctioned professional contest. Fight Fax and BoxRec are the two official record keepers in professional boxing. It used to only be Fight Fax as the sole official record keeper up until a few years ago but now the Association of Boxing Commissions recognizes both.

Back