Will Boxing historians count Floyd jrs 50th win over Conor?

You can't be this stupid
You are justifying professions based on number of fights.. Your arguments changed about 5 times.. Like it or not Conor is a professional boxer who is factually a 50th professional win for Floyd.

He's a pro Just like 1-0 England Cricketer Freddie Flintoff
NINTCHDBPICT000584164241.jpg

I get that and the further into the future we get the less people will have the context of that 50th fight so it might even look better over time. But to those who do know the context that 50th fight is going to be a little less than impressive.

I get that but he took what was basically the easiest fight he could that the public would still pay for to get that 50. Let's say someone else down the line matches his 50 and but doesn't take an easy fight for the 50th, the optics will be better for them.

You're not wrong, but like I said before, his 4th fight was against fighter with 0 pro wins, does that tarnish his legacy? arbitrarily it counts when it's 49 because of Marciano, I don't buy that.

You are justifying professions based on number of fights.. Your arguments changed about 5 times.. Like it or not Conor is a professional boxer who is factually a 50th professional win for Floyd.

He's a pro Just like 1-0 England Cricketer Freddie Flintoff
NINTCHDBPICT000584164241.jpg

So you don't see the difference between being 3-0 fighting a rookie vs 49-0 fighting a rookie?

So you don't see the difference between being 3-0 fighting a rookie vs 49-0 fighting a rookie?
Not in terms of whether any wins should or shouldn't count no.

You're not wrong, but like I said before, his 4th fight was against fighter with 0 pro wins, does that tarnish his legacy? arbitrarily it counts when it's 49 because of Marciano, I don't buy that.
Well its understandable that a guy on his way up would fight people who are similar experience and ranking. But having the top p4p boxer fight a guy who has no professional boxing matches? It'd be like Jon Jones fighting someone with an 0-0 record. If its some crossover star we'd all buy the wolf tickets anyway and love it but we'd have no illusions as to what it adds to Jones legacy as an MMA competitor.

Think of Couture, no one has James Toney as one of his top wins. But we were all pretty fascinated by the match up beforehand nonetheless even though we all knew more or less what was overwhelmingly likely to happen.

Well its understandable that a guy on his way up would fight people who are similar experience and ranking. But having the top p4p boxer fight a guy who has no professional boxing matches? It'd be like Jon Jones fighting someone with an 0-0 record. If its some crossover star we'd all buy the wolf tickets anyway and love it but we'd have no illusions as to what it adds to Jones legacy as an MMA competitor.

Think of Couture, no has James Toney as one of his top wins. But we were all pretty fascinated by the match up beforehand nonetheless even though we all knew more or less what was overwhelmingly likely to happen.
It's a good analogy, I wouldn't hold it against Jones either for similar reasons.. Beat everyone for years, if in his retirement match he fought Anthony Joshua i'd have no qualms, he's already like Floyd more than done enough.

It's a good analogy, I wouldn't hold it against Jones either for similar reasons.. Beat everyone for years, if in his retirement match he fought Anthony Joshua i'd have no qualms, he's already like Floyd more than done enough.

It's as legit as Pamela Anderssons titties

It's as legit as Pamela Anderssons titties
Rules is rules, whether you like them or not is a different story.
Boobs is boobs, whether you like em or....

Just looking it up on boxrec Floyd fought a guy with a 1-13 record 9 fights deep into his career.

Marciano fought a guy with a 4-14 record something like 30 fights deep into his career.

Floyd >> Marciano.

But Floyd was a calculated guy, not a guy taking on all comers.

Okey, welcome and congratulations Spacetime with new thread under new nickname.

Floyd >> Marciano.
Bulsshit.
Floyd Jr always from his career beginning was protected A side guy and hometown fighter as money cow.
-
Where is dfference between this man and his uncles and other older mans that created fame and Glory for surname M?
They were not protected that much as Floyd Jr.was.
-----------
Therefore Floyd Sr is considered as not that good boxer than Floyd Jr.
It is not truth.

Just looking it up on boxrec Floyd fought a guy with a 1-13 record 9 fights deep into his career.

Marciano fought a guy with a 4-14 record something like 30 fights deep into his career.

Floyd >> Marciano.

Marcianos last opponent floored him. Floyds last opponent threw hammer fists to the back of the head.

Spacetime, aka User89, do you claim that this marciano had lost his last pro fight?:D
-

Floyd >> Marciano.

Don't you see a difference between 13, 14 and 49 and 365 and 92 though?
{<BJPeen}

I bet most fans of Floyd and Rocky don't even know they took those fights, and I bet they don't know who the opponents were..

Record padding fight always is padding fight, doesn't matters it is 1 st or 50 th fight.
Did not watched btw initially, only after some months this fight.
-
What to tell, a guy that does have all his life = boxe since early childhood + excellent tutelage from beautiful trainers & boxing family, combined with athletic gifts and talent = boxe = all his life. VS mma guy under pro boxing rules.:D + such high number of rounds scheduled too.

It sort of feels like a meme at the end of his career. Most people aren't going to remember he had a fixed exhibition against Tenshin Nasukawa, and Conor... sort of feels like he should be there.

Back