Will Barao's loss motivate Aldo?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by johplin6, May 24, 2014.

1. johplin6

johplin6 Green Belt

Now that Barao has finally lost, Aldo must know that Alpha Male will be training Mendes very hard for this one.

Aldo is not going to lose anyway. Aldo has great defense, and is a great counter striker. Barao is the opposite. With Barao losing tonight, Aldo will be training harder IMO.

Dillashaw looked great. Barao should never be a counter fighter.

That's all I got to say about the main event.

2. Estudante

Estudante Brown Belt

Aldo has leg kicks to slow lateral movement. His head movemet is awesome and his boxing defense is much better than barao's defense.

3. Elbower

Elbower Orange Belt

I think Barao might have underestimated Dillashaw by trumping his own muay thai skills and not thinking there's always room for improvement.I don't know if Barao's loss will motivate Aldo but I know he should if he wanna keep his belt.

4. Fyreborn

Fyreborn Brown Belt

I was thinking the same - IMO most likely, Aldo took Mendes seriously, but given how he KOd Mendes already he was probably quite overconfident.

This will I believe be a wake up call - he has to be aware that the Ludwig trained Chad will be a totally different animal. I think that when Aldo and Renan spar, they are competitive. Aldo probably couldn't even destroy Renan like TJ did. And I assume Chad would get the better of TJ if they spar.

I actually expect the betting line to move because of this. Barao getting destroyed was one of the most shocking MMA things ever, possibly the biggest upset in a title fight ever.

5. johplin6

johplin6 Green Belt

Good thing Aldo doesn't destroy Barao in sparring. Otherwise, Barao will not even be fighting.

6. The most shocking thing in MMA doesn't happen in it's most neglected division against a champ that gets 11k per fight. Shocking is what Chael Sonnen did to the GOAT for 4.9 rounds.

7. papasmurf999

papasmurf999 Green Belt

Aldo got lucky with that knee. Chad was escaping and turned around right into a knee. I dont really see that happening again. It was a good fight up until then. Should be a great fight if he doesnt get caught again.

8. Chapter40z

Chapter40z Red Belt

aldo was lucky the first time. mendes has this.