Will Arlovski run through Mir?

Arlovski will hurt Mir.

Then Arlovski will rush Mir.

Then Mir will land awkward counter that KOs Arlovski.

What elite strikers has Mir hanged with? JDS, Overeem all dropped him and JDS finished him. Cain would have run through him, Duffee isn't exactly a high level striker for heavyweight either. Mir has never shown good wrestling either, I expect AA to land a right hand then end it with a few follow up punches.

What I mean is that he has beaten really good strikers. Who? CC, Kongo, Roy, Big Timmeh.

Even hardonk and big nog are good technical strikers that he beat as well. Bigfoot is really good standing.

Should be an interesting match up. Both have surprised me as of late..

It's an interesting match up. I don't think many expected either of them to have such a resurgence this late in their careers.

I favor Mir just because of what he did to Duffee.

mir-vs-duffee-542x330.gif

Honestly it was like Odin struck that boy down with a thunderbolt.

How is Mir career been resurgence. Pitbull doesn't fight like Duffee

I'll suggest this..... Both of these fighters can end any fight with one shot. Both of these fighters have also proven to be prone to KO's. The difference is that we've all seen Arlovski laid out, face down on the floor a few times.... Mir's at least shown that he can take a punch and finish his opponent on wobbly legs. Besides that, Mir's never had his lights completely turned out like Andrei has...

On the ground there's no comparison.... Mir's got this all day long!!

What elite strikers has Mir hanged with? JDS, Overeem all dropped him and JDS finished him. Cain would have run through him, Duffee isn't exactly a high level striker for heavyweight either. Mir has never shown good wrestling either, I expect AA to land a right hand then end it with a few follow up punches.

The issue with that is that Arlovski is not an elite striker, and he has also has some really bad habits that tend to get him KOd.

This could really go either way. Either AA does something dumb like lower his hands to wind up a big punch and gets KOd in the process, or Mir lets himself get trapped against the cage and uppercutted to the next week.

No. He has to land a clean shot on Mir that puts him out of the fight, because all Mir has to do, is fall back into guard and AA will let him recover and stand up.

Honestly it was like Duffy forgot all technique and started to toss punches like a drunk idiot. It's not remarkable at all the Mair caught him.

Fact is, both Mir and Andre can swing, and both men have questionable chins. It will probably be a matter of who makes a mistake first. Coin toss fight.

AA's fight to lose IMO. If he gets over excited and drops his guard he could get ko'ed

Smartest bet would be for him to take Mir down and TKO him there but I doubt he'll try that unfortunatly.

I'll take AA here by KO in round 1

It's an interesting match up. I don't think many expected either of them to have such a resurgence this late in their careers.

This fight did not make Mir look impressive. It simply made Todd look like a bum. Honestly watching that fight I could not believe that this guy has trained for more than a couple of months in his life. I mean running towards Mir with hands down and chin up...no pacing himself, no control of the distance, timing etc...wtf???

Anyways, AA probably takes this one, but its not like his chin is the best in the division either. Thing is AA normally loses when pushed back cause his defensive boxing is not as good as his offense. I dont think Mir is the fighter to impose his will against AA though. And as far as random strikes go I doubt he can deliver anything more than what Travis Brown delivered.

It'll be a draw, neither of them will get derailed, and Arlovski and Cain will fight Mir and Werdum in the first ever UFC Tag Team Match at UFC 200.

This will be an excellent match.

I favor Arlovski, but given Mir's last two fights its hard to feel confident about either fighter.

Arloski will need to put Mir away CLEAN! With his superior striking.

Mir likes to throw bombs these days and is dangerous.

If Mir goes into Zombie mode he will regenerate like Mumra and easily KO Arloski

I dont think this fight will go past the second round.

Back