Will Ankalaev surpass Jon's 13 fight win streak @ LHW?

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
FjQavtrVsAERz2U

UFC only. If he beats Jan he's sitting at 10. Its wild to see Reyes name on there lol....

Hmm he actually has a legit chance. I would favor Magomed over all the top 10 LHW's, including Craig who beat him (albeit a younger Magomed who was dominating him and made a careless rookie mistake).

The guy is a relatively young fighter for LHW

5 more wins?

I don't think so, no.

Jan, Glover and Jiri are all difficult fights for Magomed.

But I think the emerging fighter will prove to be Jamahal Hill.

He's next.

5 more wins?

I don't think so, no.

Jan, Glover and Jiri are all difficult fights for Magomed.

But I think the emerging fighter will prove to be Jamahal Hill.

He's next.

Glover isnt a difficult for him TBH. Ankalaev is actually a horrific style matchup for Glover. There's a reason Glover himself admitted he was a tough matchup and wanted a long camp to prepare.

Wait Jones is 26-1 (0) and has been fighting in UFC since like 10- 1(0), you would think that he has bigger streak. I will not even talk about the opposition difference because it is not important here.

He popped for roids and got NC'd on what would have been win 14 in a row in the DC rematch.
Oh right... Well makes sense.

Anyway, I think Magomed has a decent chance. I don't consider him an extremely good fighter, but he is as good as anyone around him. It won't be easy though.

Glover isnt a difficult for him TBH. Ankalaev is actually a horrific style matchup for Glover. There's a reason Glover himself admitted he was a tough matchup and wanted a long camp to prepare.

Glover is a difficult fight for everyone.

He was at least a +175 underdog in his last 4 fights, and he won 3 of them.

Each time someone said it's a bad stylistic match up, and none of them actually proved to be horrifically bad.

Glover's a good fighter.

Fedor was the worst possible match up for someone like Werdum, look who ended up winning.

statistics can be misleading . Jones 3rd fight after that DQ "loss" (haha) to hamel was for the title . So if Mag goes on a huge title run then we'll talk. For now -if one adds context- this means jack shit. Jones is the UFC GOAT and I wish more of you were willing to accept that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glover is a difficult fight for everyone.

He was at least a +175 underdog in his last 4 fights, and he won 3 of them.

Each time someone said it's a bad stylistic match up, and none of them actually proved to be horrifically bad.

Glover's a good fighter.

Fedor was the worst possible match up for someone like Werdum, look who ended up winning.

Jiri, Jan, Santos and Smith all have sus grappling and specially off their back theyre mostly clueless. Jan has never won a fight where he was taken down 2+ times. Jiri since Rizin has been known to get beat up off his back too i even mentioned the Karl fight before he fought Glover and he was down 3-1.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rewatched-jiris-fight-with-karl-albrektsson.4240325/

J8ZLW9.gif

The relic of Glover has been able to make his way to a title in a weaker field where most of the elite LHW grapplers are in other promotions specially Bellator including 3 who had easy fights with him (Rumble, Davis, Corey).

Ankalaev is one of the best grapplers in the division. Completely shut down Krylov on the mat and Krylov arguably the only competent well rounded grappler Glover fought since he got dominated by Corey, nearly choked him too. Glover has nowhere to go against Ankalaev...

So are we counting the DQ loss to Hammill? Remove that and there's no chance

Jiri, Jan, Santos and Smith all have sus grappling and specially off their back theyre mostly clueless. Jan has never won a fight where he was taken down 2+ times. Jiri since Rizin has been known to get beat up off his back too i even mentioned the Karl fight before he fought Glover and he was down 3-1.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rewatched-jiris-fight-with-karl-albrektsson.4240325/

J8ZLW9.gif

The relic of Glover has been able to make his way to a title in a weaker field where most of the elite LHW grapplers are in other promotions specially Bellator including 3 who had easy fights with him (Rumble, Davis, Corey).

Ankalaev is one of the best grapplers in the division. Completely shut down Krylov on the mat and Krylov arguably the only competent well rounded grappler Glover fought since he got dominated by Corey, nearly choked him too. Glover has nowhere to go against Ankalaev...

I understand what you're saying, 'in theory' Glover is going to struggle in most areas.

But 'in theory' Glover was going to have such issues in his other fights, only he won.

I don't consider it a fluke that Glover has consistently beaten top tier opposition, a good fighter is a good fighter regardless of how we rank each individual spot ahead of time.

Someone like Glover is talented enough that they don't have to have an obvious advantage to actually possess an advantage.

A man who is a 7 out of 10 in every department can beat a seemingly superior opponent who is an 8 out of 10 in most areas, but just so happens to be a 6 out of 10 in just one department: for Ankalaev, he's poor on the feet, and Glover can easily hurt him and make him pay.

It's naive, in MMA, to write off the old warhorse who just wins fights.

J8ZLW9.gif

I don't know how you can watch his fights and come to the conclusion that Ankalaev is one of the best grapplers in the division. He's a good wrestler, I'll give him that. But the guy's bjj looks blue belt level. Honestly, if Jan gets on top of him, I wouldn't be surprised if jan can submit him. At least Jan with his "sus" grappling has submitted 9 guys. Ankalaev seemingly never even tries to submit people or advance to set up subs. Look at What Jan did to krylov on the mat, then look at ankalaev vs. krylov.

Ankalaev is striker that can wrestle. He's not one of the best grapplers in the divsion in my opinion.

Last edited:
He's already better than Jones all time

Back