Will Andersons opponents feel they should avoid leg kicks?

Anyone who thinks it would be "dirty" to target the leg is just clueless.

When you throw a punch (or kick to the head), you are attempting to purposefully give the other fighter a concussion. To knock them out. Which is glorified. And this is the era of doctors actually realizing that repeated head trauma can lead to some pretty serious long term negative effects (see: Junior Seau).

To think that kicking someone's previously broken leg would be "cheap" or "dirty" is moronic. It's a fight, you are TRYING to physically hurt the other guy.

Yeah. Thats it. If only someone tried kicking him in the leg...he would have never became champ. :rolleyes:

silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

Well...

chonan-silva.gif

Sure, it doesn't work when you leave your guard opened like you're a flying pterodactyl.

:icon_lol:

Well...

chonan-silva.gif

Sure, it doesn't work when you leave your guard opened like you're a flying pterodactyl.

:icon_lol:

Yes...I'm sure Anderson hasn't improved since 2004. He was lucky that Takase and Chonan never came back to take his belt in the UFC.

Yes...I'm sure Anderson hasn't improved since 2004. He was lucky that Takase and Chonan never came back to take his belt in the UFC.

It was Chonan....

That was Anderson after being ranked #1 in the world. :icon_idea

What was lucky is him switching to an org. in which he didn't have to spend 10 minutes straight on his back.

Nobody has ever really been successful throwing leg kicks against him because his style would involve a counter cross with the opposite hand (which will do far more damage than the leg kick). James Irvin didn't set it up well, but the price he paid was hefty.
There are no "Aldo" type fighters at MW with that level of leg kicks. And the full-time kickboxers out there don't have the MMA skills to even get to a fight with Anderson.

I have no idea why so many idiots always bring up fights like Serra/GSP, Guida/Pettis, and Chonan/Anderson, as if any of those have any relevance to the great champs that learned and improved and rose to greatness. Those fights have nothing to do with anything and some of you guys probably couldn't wipe your ass back then, but we don't bring that up as your "weakness" now, do we?

Anderson vs Pat Barry

Book it.

no, but I'd be willing to bet that Anderson won't throw many leg kicks of his own against diaz.

which is a shame, considering how much success RDA just had with them against nick's lil brother a few weeks ago.

1) spending time worrying about avoiding/attacking the leg is counterproductive, stick to the gameplan and fight.

Good a place as any to say it:

I want to see Silva vs Rampage after Anderson beats Diaz

Anderson's legs have always been a weakness. His opponents have just inexplicably ignored that up until this point. Watch the full Chonan/Silva fight, not just the sub, where Chonan chops Silva's legs into powder for 10 minutes and THEN cranks on the flying heel hook.

Then Anderson goes over to the UFC and everyone mysteriously wants to box him.

He had an injured ankle in that fight. Makes a lot easier to chop away at someone's leg

sweep the leg... you got a problem with that?
no mercy

Back