Will Andersons opponents feel they should avoid leg kicks?

IrishFighterLA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What to get the majorities opinion on this.. Will Anderson Silvas opponents feel weird about hitting his affected leg?

I feel like I would.. Some respectful fighters may feel the same. I am sure there is 3 lines of thought on this.

1: Not really think about it, fight is a fight.

2: Avoid his leg out of a level of respect

3: Attack the leg because its a weakness.

We know there is very few fighters with the mindset of 3. But they exist.... But what do you think, will there be an aversion to kicking Silva in the leg giving him a slight edge over other fighters.

People wont want to be called a dirty fighter.. Not that it is dirty but a lot of people might say that. Especially if they win. You can see the sherdog threads now "He only won because he attacked the leg"

Lol, but these things go trough some fighters minds.

It's pretty hard to kick to the lower shin. I'm sure his thigh is fine, even his upper shin wouldn't hurt I assume. I would guess Silva's leg kick might have gotten worse since he hasn't been able to train them for a while but I doubt he got much worse at defending them.

And not like the MW has a lot of good low kickers anyway.

I think most fighters would attack the leg if it actually was a weakness. You'd have to be pretty stupid, even by fighter standards, to worry about what Sherdog thinks of you.

But it's probably not a weakness anymore, given he's got a titanium rod inside the bone.

Anderson's legs have always been a weakness. His opponents have just inexplicably ignored that up until this point. Watch the full Chonan/Silva fight, not just the sub, where Chonan chops Silva's legs into powder for 10 minutes and THEN cranks on the flying heel hook.

Then Anderson goes over to the UFC and everyone mysteriously wants to box him.

Anderson's legs have always been a weakness. His opponents have just inexplicably ignored that up until this point. Watch the full Chonan/Silva fight, not just the sub, where Chonan chops Silva's legs into powder for 10 minutes and THEN cranks on the flying heel hook.

Yeah. Thats it. If only someone tried kicking him in the leg...he would have never became champ. :rolleyes:

silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

Most would take the #3 route if it was actually a weakness. But I think #1 is the reality. I can't imagine any UFC fighter would intentionally avoid his leg out of respect.

Aside from the usual pain from a kick, they aren't going to do much to that leg. They might be able to break someone's tibia with a kick, but it's pretty damn hard to break the titanium rod that's reinforcing it.

If anything about that leg affects a fight, it would probably be some psychological problem Silva had with kicking full force with it, or hesitating before kicking.

Please, His legs will have targets on them for the rest of his career.

aside from the usual pain from a kick, they aren't going to do much to that leg. They might be able to break someone's tibia with a kick, but it's pretty damn hard to break the titanium rod that's reinforcing it.

If anything about that leg affects a fight, it would probably be some psychological problem silva had with kicking full force with it, or hesitating before kicking.

^^^^^^

titanium, bro

Aside from the usual pain from a kick, they aren't going to do much to that leg. They might be able to break someone's tibia with a kick, but it's pretty damn hard to break the titanium rod that's reinforcing it.

If anything about that leg affects a fight, it would probably be some psychological problem Silva had with kicking full force with it, or hesitating before kicking.

Yea I am interested to see how it affects his own mental state when using it. Was thinking that also.

"Nice leg kick by Irvin."
~Joe Rogan
That's a zombie low kick,no professional fighter worth his salt throws it like Irvin did.See how Douglas Lima or Jose Aldo throw low kicks!

Anderson got his bjj blackbelt in 2005 under the Noguira brothers which was after the Chonan fight. Since then subbing Anderson has been no easy task!

Yeah. Thats it. If only someone tried kicking him in the leg...he would have never became champ. :rolleyes:

silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

James Irvin got suspended for being on horse tranquilizers for this bout, so this doesn't count for much.

I don't think it would be a dirty move but sometimes focussing on one thing too much can set you up for your own demise.

Back