Wilder's big step up? Not yet.

here is a screenshot from the video, clearly it's wilder yet his tattoos are barely visible

6z1x.png

Groves is a super middleweight

I'm aware of this, I'm simply speculating, as their only one div apart.

The guy has no tattoos as far as I'm concerned.

lol was meant to be part of a larger breakdown :p

I'm aware of this, I'm simply speculating, as their only one div apart.

maybe Haye should leave too, he is clearly not focused on getting Haye ready as he can't possibly train another fighter while wearing a tshirt with a name on it :p but jokes aside, what was the reason Groves gave for leaving Booth? I didn't pay it much attention because he is gonna be R.I.P soon enough.

lol was meant to be part of a larger breakdown :p

maybe Haye should leave too, he is clearly not focused on getting Haye ready as he can't possibly train another fighter while wearing a tshirt with a name on it :p but jokes aside, what was the reason Groves gave for leaving Booth? I didn't pay it much attention because he is gonna be R.I.P soon enough.

No idea, hence my speculation, but in reality it probably boils down to the 35% Booth takes from Groves, which is the 10% trainers fee and then 25% promotional fee. I guess he felt he could do better financially, again pure speculation on my part.

while he is sweating? the glare would bounce off the sweat, revealing nothing :p

it's like when you are driving and get glare off the tarmac...you can't see the details of the tarmac through the glare

so yes it is Wilder until someone legitimate says it isn't.

Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

Seriously though Deontay Wilder has me interested in HW boxing again along with Haye. Sure it's annoying that Wilder is being brought along at this pace, but he's exciting!

And the number of fights he has had is misleading because of the level of comp they were. Clearly his team is bringing him along in such a way that he gets comfortable, he is still learning the game after all, his bronze medal was won with virtually no amateur experience behind it. However, you don't need to have an amateur pedigree to be successful in boxing if you do it right, and his team looks like they are doing it right.

The tricky part is Wilder himself realizing what he is and where he is at. Take these knockout wins for what they are and don't get ahead of yourself.

Although I would like to see Wilder to step up, at least he is staying active (fourth fight this year). If Firtha can give him rounds it is definitely worth his time.

Depends which Firtha turns up, in shape, he can give most pros rounds.

Calling it now... this guy is going to collapse like a newborn fawn as soon as his chin gets touched by anything serious.

Why won't he take a step up? Bigger fight is a bigger payday right?

Also, shouldn't he be fighting guys close to his own ranking? Taking fight because you just know you are better and the other guy only has a small chance is lame IMO.

anyone see him sparring with Haye? he looked like a complete amateur lol

Plenty of people are saying it wasn't him. The people who are saying it's him can't explain how he managed to take off his tats before sparring.

Firtha's not a bad fight compared to his standard opponents.

seems odd that his own camp would put it out and make up names :p

I am completely unconvinced by your tattoo theory as you seem to be the only person promoting it. his skin is sweaty and I've found pics like this where the tattoos aren't really that clear while his skin is dry

Deontay_Wilder_20110222160316.jpg

He clearly has tats in that pic.

As for Wilder himself promoting it or whatever. He didn't promote it as himself getting knocked around, he just posted it up somewhere. Do you want him to give a big disclaimer saying "BTW I'm not that black dude in the video," you know, like white people have to do all the time when they post pictures of themselves? He's in Haye's camp. It's fairly natural he'd post up one of their promo vids.

He clearly has tats in that pic.

As for Wilder himself promoting it or whatever. He didn't promote it as himself getting knocked around, he just posted it up somewhere. Do you want him to give a big disclaimer saying "BTW I'm not that black dude in the video," you know, like white people have to do all the time when they post pictures of themselves? He's in Haye's camp. It's fairly natural he'd post up one of their promo vids.

ugh go back and actually read the thread rather than savaging one post that was part of the bigger picture. I know the tattoos can be seen, I posted the fucking image myself.

I was pointing out how they look while his skin is dry and how it looks later when he has a sweat on.

no idea what the last part is about, I thought Haye's camp posted it and Wilder was later interviewed about it.

Plenty of people are saying it wasn't him. The people who are saying it's him can't explain how he managed to take off his tats before sparring.

Firtha's not a bad fight compared to his standard opponents.

6z1x.png

that pic above is Wilder, see how clear are his tats in that pic with a bit of a sweat on

not convinced, here are some more that show his tattoos disappearing once he is sweating or the light is reflecting off them

300px-DeontayWilder.jpg

article-2298966-18EB5B8A000005DC-257_634x397.jpg

Main-Deontay-Wilder.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. Time to take a step forward

Why, because we the fans want him to?

Fact of the matter is people are still tuning in to see him and he is making money. Why rush it? There is the chance that he could fight no names to the point that people stop paying attention, but the moment he does step up they will be right there watching again.

It's easy for fans or pompous media fucks like Dan Rafael to say shit like "time to step up" but this is the guys life and livelihood, why make a move he's not ready for particularly when there is no financial reason for him to?

He would make more money...

And if he loses it could mean the end of his career and all future paydays.

If by step up everyone means get a fight that will take him past 5 rounds I agree, but stay smart.

Of course it wouldn't. Don't be so dramatic.

Of course it wouldn't. Don't be so dramatic.

Well I suppose it depends on how he loses, but I still don't think there is any reason to rush it. 29-0 really doesn't mean that much given who he is 29-o against. A guy like Firtha is the right call.

And if he loses it could mean the end of his career and all future paydays.

If by step up everyone means get a fight that will take him past 5 rounds I agree, but stay smart.

Don't insult the intelligence of people by claiming that a loss on a fighters record makes them a crap fighter.

I'm 99% sure that's Wilder as far as I know Haye only sparred with WIlder, Dimitrenko (obviously not him), Towers (obviously not him) and Wach (obviously not him). The guy wears exactly the same and has exactly the same size and looks exactly the same but you try to say it isn't him because you can't see tattoos which are almost the exact same color as his skin when he's sweating?

Back