wilder vs whyte...

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
left hook vs right hand. whyte has developed a really good jab lately though, and i would give him a slight edge mostly due that. if wilder doesn't catch him i couldn't see him winning a decision.

It’s so hard for me to see anyone avoiding his right hand for all 12 rounds. Fury, imo, is the only man that can get the job done - and not because he can avoid it. But because Wilder already knocked the life out of Tyson once, and it’s obvious that neither God nor the Devil want him. He won’t stay down, even if you kill him.

it will be interesting to see how whyte comes back off the dope. it's usually isn't very good. as a matter of fact i have made good money betting against fighters coming off doping suspensions, it seems to badly affect their psychology.

It’s so hard for me to see anyone avoiding his right hand for all 12 rounds. Fury, imo, is the only man that can get the job done - and not because he can avoid it. But because Wilder already knocked the life out of Tyson once, and it’s obvious that neither God nor the Devil want him. He won’t stay down, even if you kill him.
i would find it interesting, whyte has the power to keep wilder honest and i could see him getting to wilder with the left before wilder times that right. wilder is most dangerous if you give him too much respect (hard not too), stay at range and it's only a matter of time. i could see a fighter like frazier absolutely mugging wilder.

I see no way Whyte wins this fight, Deontay keeps him at distance for the early rounds before 'Old Faithful' lands. Wilder is obviously beatable, but I wouldn't risk any money on Whyte to do it.

i would find it interesting, whyte has the power to keep wilder honest and i could see him getting to wilder with the left before wilder times that right. wilder is most dangerous if you give him too much respect (hard not too), stay at range and it's only a matter of time. i could see a fighter like frazier absolutely mugging wilder.

I think you hit the nail on the head - if Whyte doesn't show Wilder respect, he might be able to land that left hook and end the fight. But if Wilder can take it, then that's Whyte's only shot - not showing Wilder respect for 12 rounds. You don't leave the ring on your own two feet in that scenario.

I think the problem is that we haven't seen Wilder against a guy who could take advantage of him. In that way, I kind of agree that a new opponent is better than a recycled on. Fury did the best but he had his moments of extreme distress too. Frazier might have been able to put it on Wilder; but maybe not. Is Wilder's chin as bad as we think it is? I'm not so sure. Right now I lean towards him being more like Amir Khan - not necessary a bad chin, just bad at protecting it. And I actually think he absorbs punches better than Khan overall. He's just awkward in general. He doesn't look comfortable on top of his own legs.

I see no way Whyte wins this fight, Deontay keeps him at distance for the early rounds before 'Old Faithful' lands. Wilder is obviously beatable, but I wouldn't risk any money on Whyte to do it.

His right hand really does need a nickname. Not to say it's the biggest punch we've seen, but it's certainly remarkable.

'Old Faithful' is good. I'll toss out 'The Alabama Blues'.

His right hand really does need a nickname. Not to say it's the biggest punch we've seen, but it's certainly remarkable.

I heard Wilder call it The Alabama Hammer which sounded pretty cool in his southern accent

Need to see how Whyte looks without his vitamins

Wilder doesnt fancy the fight, for whatever reason?

I'd wager a juice/squeeze issue. Whyte has good wins under his belt since Joshua but he just doesn't have the name recognition. Actually, his name recognition might be on par with Ortiz; but in that case Ortiz provides a tangible upside.

At this point WIlder needs to angle for big fights like Joshua and Ruiz. He's already in his early 30's, the clock is ticking. Granted, those are hard fights to make with DAZN/PBC in the mix, but I don't think it's comparable to Top-Rank/Golden Boy. Both are relatively new and have comparable goals. I'd see them working together just to get a leg up on Top Rank/GB.

I'd wager a juice/squeeze issue. Whyte has good wins under his belt since Joshua but he just doesn't have the name recognition. Actually, his name recognition might be on par with Ortiz; but in that case Ortiz provides a tangible upside.

At this point WIlder needs to angle for big fights like Joshua and Ruiz. He's already in his early 30's, the clock is ticking. Granted, those are hard fights to make with DAZN/PBC in the mix, but I don't think it's comparable to Top-Rank/Golden Boy. Both are relatively new and have comparable goals. I'd see them working together just to get a leg up on Top Rank/GB.
a match with ruiz would be interesting. i don't see joshua matching up that well, given recent form.

a match with ruiz would be interesting. i don't see joshua matching up that well, given recent form.

At the expense of my previous posts, I agree. Joshua gets starched. He's too methodical; very straight up and down. I said after Joshua/Ruiz 1 that Andy might be the worst matchup for Wilder.

BUT Andy got sat down by Joshua too. If Wilder hits him with the same bullshit it's a different story.

At the expense of my previous posts, I agree. Joshua gets starched. He's too methodical; very straight up and down. I said after Joshua/Ruiz 1 that Andy might be the worst matchup for Wilder.

BUT Andy got sat down by Joshua too. If Wilder hits him with the same bullshit it's a different story.
pretty well exactly how i see it. this will probably give some people fits, but i think parker matches up against wilder well. he moves his head well for a big man and has the skills and firepower to give wilder problems. only thing is i kinda doubt parkers mental fortitude, something that is never in question with wilder.

pretty well exactly how i see it. this will probably give some people fits, but i think parker matches up against wilder well. he moves his head well for a big man and has the skills and firepower to give wilder problems. only thing is i kinda doubt parkers mental fortitude, something that is never in question with wilder.

I'd expect Wilder to kick Parker's ass, too. Fury is better at everything Parker does.

The key to beating him is knocking him out early

I'd expect Wilder to kick Parker's ass, too. Fury is better at everything Parker does.
fury is a better boxer, but parker has way better firepower. i genuinely believe fury would be a far more dangerous fighter if he actually engaged his lower body when he punched. he really lacks a punch for a man so big.

"The Alabama Slamma"

Its an interesting idea to try and beat Wilder by getting into a fire fight and hoping your better defense will compensate for his huge power. Ruiz, AJ, and Whyte all have potential to make Wilder do the chicken dance and maybe even finish it but none of them would be favorites.

Back