Wilder vs Usyk

wilder was outboxed for 7 rounds by a 43 year old, 3 knee surgeries, back surgerie and bad blood preaaure Ortiz, till he landed that hail mary...

Now i know styles make fights...

But there has been nothing ive seen fr deontay that would make me believe he can outbox usyk, or aj, ever.
Ortiz was actually 76, you can’t trust Cubans with their age

Well this is an easy one, Wilder either flatlines him with a straight right or loses 12 - zip.

Wilder is the only HW KO artist in this world who can land his money punch.
You can say whatever you want about Wilder but that guy got the handspeed of someone at a much muuuuch lower weight class.

I got Usyk via first round KO.

Usyk is brave enough to take shots from Wilder and will make a mistake. Wilder has the same type of mentally as Usyk and would bring it to Usyk after Usyk starts to land.

The only high level fighter Wilder ever fought in his prime was Fury were he lost two times. Usyk is even quite some better than Fury on a technical level. This fight would look like a complete beginner vs pro and Usyk would embarass Wilder in a way that is rarely seen. People make fun of Usyk as a "pillow fisted " fighter but he hurts his opponents. If he wants to he has quite some power.

He ran circles around AJ, he would tool and punish Wilder like he is a child. Absolutely no chance for the right to land. I dont see any circumstance were team Wilder would accept that fight but all the better if they do. Or even better if they think like you that Usyk is easier than Fury.

The only high level fighter Wilder ever fought in his prime was Fury were he lost two times. Usyk is even quite some better than Fury on a technical level. This fight would look like a complete beginner vs pro and Usyk would embarass Wilder in a way that is rarely seen. People make fun of Usyk as a "pillow fisted " fighter but he hurts his opponents. If he wants to he has quite some power.

He ran circles around AJ, he would tool and punish Wilder like he is a child. Absolutely no chance for the right to land. I dont see any circumstance were team Wilder would accept that fight but all the better if they do. Or even better if they think like you that Usyk is easier than Fury.

<PlusJuan>

I visited a training day of Usyk when he was still at CW and before his big breakthrough in the tournament with Gassiev etc. May have been in Oberhausen. It was one of the most impressive things I have seen in martial arts. His bagwork was very sophisticated but also when he stood stationary to fine tune punching it looked like he can throw with a lot of power.

Smacked around? None of them but Fury lived to tell about it.

Usyk isn't out there clowning dudes like Roy Jones Jr or something, he's getting hit. He went life and death against a middling Chisora before fighting another war tonight with AJ who's been shaky for years. What do you think is gonna happen when Wilder hits him? Or when any other massive heavyweight in their prime starts to put it on him.

He's a good fighter, credit to him. But this isn't his division. It's only a short matter of time, assuming he sticks around.
Pretty sure theyre all still alive. And yes he was smacked around and battered at times by guys like Spzilka. Its fucking comedy you think he went “life and death” with Chisora but pretend Wilder hasnt struggled with bums, far lesser fighters than Chisora at that.

This isnt his division, yet here he is the champ of said division. Just beat the top dog, and rather widely. Ate big punches from the second biggest puncher in the division but apparently every top HW is going to knock his block off? Gotcha.

Pretty sure theyre all still alive. And yes he was smacked around and battered at times by guys like Spzilka. Its fucking comedy you think he went “life and death” with Chisora but pretend Wilder hasnt struggled with bums, far lesser fighters than Chisora at that.

This isnt his division, yet here he is the champ of said division. Just beat the top dog, and rather widely. Ate big punches from the second biggest puncher in the division but apparently every top HW is going to knock his block off? Gotcha.
A boxer like Usyk is easily beating a puncher like wilder a majority of the time. I dont think the fight is even competitive.

I think Fury dominates Usyk though, hoping to see it.

We seem to agree for the most part.

All i'm saying is let's pump the brakes on Usyk being a conqueror at heavyweight. As I mentioned before, on the trilogy card alone... I'd favor Wilder, Fury, Frank Sanchez, Ajagba, and young Jared Anderson to beat him by simply being too big, too powerful. Helenius and Kownacki would be interesting fights for him.

I'd also pick old man Ortiz to beat him, who I feel is still the best fighter on Wilder, Fury, or AJ's resume (outside of Fury beating Wilder) considering where Wlad was in his career.
You are fucking tripping. Old man Ortiz to beat Usyk?? LOL I assume you are a Wilder fan because no one else bigs up Ortiz.

You are fucking tripping. Old man Ortiz to beat Usyk?? LOL I assume you are a Wilder fan because no one else bigs up Ortiz.
I think thats a great stylistic fight for about 6 rounds. Ortiz doesnt have the gas tank to handle Usyk’s work rate or movement though. Wide dec for Usyk.

I think thats a great stylistic fight for about 6 rounds. Ortiz doesnt have the gas tank to handle Usyk’s work rate or movement though. Wide dec for Usyk.
I think Ortiz would gas even quicker if Usyk put on the pressure.

Wilders only chance is the KO.
I think Usyk is smart and good enough to take him out in 6.

I think Ortiz would gas even quicker if Usyk put on the pressure.
Def possible. Always thought Ortiz would do well to drop 10lbs or so. Carries a lot of mass for no reason and doesnt bode well for his style or gas tank.

I think Fury dominates Usyk though, hoping to see it.

Yep this is the match to make now. But I dont fault Fury and Usyk to take a less demanding fight before this to build more anticipation. Fury can knock of Wilder again and Usyk could take on some top20 fighter. Winner of Usyk vs Fury is then undisputed.

Ok but how many big punches did AJ land on Usyk? I don't see Wilder who isn't a good a boxer as Joshua landing anything big on Usyk.
Not to mention this one shot power that is constantly talked about hasn’t KO an elite fighter yet (best being an aged Ortiz) it’s very unlikely he will land a shot on uysk clean and from perfect balance / position. Let’s also face it for wilder to fight uysk he will need to beat fury and Whyte so if he can do that then it will become a more relevant discussion as those would be his best two wins by some distance

Not to mention this one shot power that is constantly talked about hasn’t KO an elite fighter yet (best being an aged Ortiz) it’s very unlikely he will land a shot on uysk clean and from perfect balance / position. Let’s also face it for wilder to fight uysk he will need to beat fury and Whyte so if he can do that then it will become a more relevant discussion as those would be his best two wins by some distance
Usyk will see those telegraphed clumsy right hands coming all night long. As you say he's got Fury so let's see what he does this time. In a way it's good because we can see AJ Wilder if they both lose their rematches. And Usyk and Fury can fight for all the marbles.

Back