Wilder vs Usyk

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It's hard for me to say until I see Wilder vs fury 3 but I think a right headed Wilder beats Usyk. Usyk looked amazing tonight and could easily do that to Wilder to but I think Wilder sleeps him. Fury gives wilder issues with his leaning back and size. Usyk is the right height and fighting style that give wilder his best chance to land that right hand. Usyk is brave enough to take shots from Wilder and will make a mistake. Wilder has the same type of mentally as Usyk and would bring it to Usyk after Usyk starts to land.

But what y'all say

Last edited:
I'd worry about Usyk. Like one of the guys on the broadcast said -- if Usyk gets hurt, it's not because the other guy is better but it's because he is fighting in a weight class where everyone is much bigger than him. That's the downside of all of this.

wilder was outboxed for 7 rounds by a 43 year old, 3 knee surgeries, back surgerie and bad blood preaaure Ortiz, till he landed that hail mary...

Now i know styles make fights...

But there has been nothing ive seen fr deontay that would make me believe he can outbox usyk, or aj, ever.

wilder windmilled stiverne and hail maried a 43 year old ortiz and people think he is a goat boxer. im really confused here.

Wilder doesn’t move well and isn’t a big heavyweight. He could probably drop Usyk if he lands clean, but that’s a big if. Usyk would probably make him look foolish.

Very reactionary comments in this thread.

Usyk isn't a world beater, it's not even like he dominated this fight. AJ's just been very beatable. Not even Hearn is surprised after he saw what happened against Ruiz.

Usyk's good, but he's undersized. Every fighter on Wilder's next undercard would be tough fights for him.

Wilder is a better fighter than AJ so it’s not a fair comp.

Yes AJ is more technically sound and well schooled but Wilder by far has the quicker and more devastating punch.

I think Usyk would outbox Wilder for as long as he could, but like Ortiz and Fury, he’d eventually get caught. Fury is a giant of a man so he could survive it. Usyk is merely a big HW, like Ortiz.

I think Wilder puts him to sleep with the first clean haymaker he lands tbh.

hmmmm

i guess my question is

would wilder try to outbox usyk like aj tried to do?

probably not
Well he struggles hitting good boxers with his right hand. Ortiz wasn't easy, and we know about Fury. I'd say Usyk is on par if not better than those two as a pure boxer.

I just think Usyk finds it easier getting out of the way of Wilders one weapon the right hand. Wilder doesn't really throw uppercuts, or hooks (wild slaps not included) nor does he ever go to the body like Aj was doing. So easier for Usyk to work out.

Very reactionary comments in this thread.

Usyk isn't a world beater, it's not even like he dominated this fight. AJ's just been very beatable. Not even Hearn is surprised after he saw what happened against Ruiz.

Usyk's good, but he's undersized. Every fighter on Wilder's next undercard would be tough fights for him.
He just skipped past AJ but all these undercard guys are hard fights? Lmao. Ok.

Look man, Im a pretty big fan of Wilder (besides his recent bullshit antics), but that dude has been smacked around by cans. Usyk would absolutely clown him.

He just skipped past AJ but all these undercard guys are hard fights? Lmao. Ok.

Look man, Im a pretty big fan of Wilder (besides his recent bullshit antics), but that dude has been smacked around by cans. Usyk would absolutely clown him.
Smacked around? None of them but Fury lived to tell about it.

Usyk isn't out there clowning dudes like Roy Jones Jr or something, he's getting hit. He went life and death against a middling Chisora before fighting another war tonight with AJ who's been shaky for years. What do you think is gonna happen when Wilder hits him? Or when any other massive heavyweight in their prime starts to put it on him.

He's a good fighter, credit to him. But this isn't his division. It's only a short matter of time, assuming he sticks around.

Smacked around? None of them but Fury lived to tell about it.

Usyk isn't out there clowning dudes like Roy Jones Jr or something, he's getting hit. He went life and death against a middling Chisora before fighting another war tonight with AJ who's been shaky for years. What do you think is gonna happen when Wilder hits him? Or when any other massive heavyweight in their prime starts to put it on him.

He's a good fighter, credit to him. But this isn't his division. It's only a short matter of time, assuming he sticks around.

he gets hit because he is an aggressive boxer who is fighting guys way bigger than him. He was getting bored with guys his own size.

Roy is legendary but he wouldn’t know much about these risks considering his huge HW risk was John Ruiz.

I do agree that this isn’t his division and he is due for a wake up call if someone like wilder, Whyte, etc. Land a big shot.

but saying an Olympic gold medalist who holds 3 HW belts is just “a good fighter” is a bit strange.

Usyk has a good chin.

He took Gassiev's cleanest and best shot easily

2esg4f.gif

he gets hit because he is an aggressive boxer who is fighting guys way bigger than him. He was getting bored with guys his own size.

Roy is legendary but he wouldn’t know much about these risks considering his huge HW risk was John Ruiz.

I do agree that this isn’t his division and he is due for a wake up call if someone like wilder, Whyte, etc. Land a big shot.

but saying an Olympic gold medalist who holds 3 HW belts is just “a good fighter” is a bit strange.
We seem to agree for the most part.

All i'm saying is let's pump the brakes on Usyk being a conqueror at heavyweight. As I mentioned before, on the trilogy card alone... I'd favor Wilder, Fury, Frank Sanchez, Ajagba, and young Jared Anderson to beat him by simply being too big, too powerful. Helenius and Kownacki would be interesting fights for him.

I'd also pick old man Ortiz to beat him, who I feel is still the best fighter on Wilder, Fury, or AJ's resume (outside of Fury beating Wilder) considering where Wlad was in his career.

I'd say AJ is a better boxer by far than Wilder, so not sure he'd land flush on Usyk if they fought, either. At the same time,
Wilder only needs one punch against anyone but Fury.

Back