Wilder vs Ortiz II Predictions

Who's the best fighter Ortiz has beaten? A 45 year old Tony Thompson? lol boxing.
How about you stop posting in the boxing forum since all you want to do is talk shit about boxing? Lmk if you want to make that happen. Ill happily oblige.

I think this is a closer fight than the board thinks tbh

I can't shake what happened last time. I am sorry but I just can't

Ortiz was boxing his ass up for like 9 round and hurt him badly in one of them.

Yes he got caught and I acknowledge Wilder's greatness and power

But this seems like a real dangerous fight to me

I sense another scare for Wilder, he might even get stopped this time

Ortiz threw everything he possibly could and he couldnt put Wilder away. There was no one getting fucked over.

wilders heart, chin and recovery ... that was some next level shit

lol

Based on what? People love throwing this out there over and over but there is literally zero evidence to back it up.
I always see people claim Luis Ortiz said he watched Rumble in the Jungle live with his dad, but dunno where that came from lol

I always thought 40 looked about right for Ortiz, can't imagine he's 50 or more.

I always thought 40 looked about right for Ortiz, can't imagine he's 50 or more.

Do people who live by you look like that at age 40?

FFS....he looks old as fuck

Do people who live by you look like that at age 40?

FFS....he looks old as fuck
haha nah man he looks normal, full head of hair and no gray. I know "black don't crack" but Yoel Romero looks much older than Ortiz to me. Shit, Gamboa looks older too

haha nah man he looks normal, full head of hair and no gray. I know "black don't crack" but Yoel Romero looks much older than Ortiz to me. Shit, Gamboa looks older too

I have about 10 grey hairs on my entire body, and look about 30 years younger than Ortiz and am "older"

The guy is not fucking 40, there is not a chance in fucking hell

I’m always a wilder fan and I hope he beats them all but I think Ortiz is a live dog here... if the betting lines get too outrageous I might have to throw some on the Cuban.

Also the running theme that Ortiz is 50 or so is an overused boxing fact that has no validity and also means absolutely nothing.

well that's just hilarious.

ortiz hurt wilder with 40 seconds to go. he spent those 40 seconds absolutely teeing off on him, landing clean shots over and over. he didn't knock him down, but he did hurt him repeatedly... except when the round ended, wilder walked to his corner. he didn't stagger, he wasn't helped, he walked there. at the start of the 8th, he wasn't staggering when he came off the stool as the article states. he was walking around just fine.

and when the fight started again, ortiz lurked on the outside with his jab. if he thought wilder was still visibly hurt he would've been on him from the first second.

so the logic here is that ortiz literally threw everything he had at wilder without putting him down while he was hurt, but the 15 seconds timeout at the start of the 8th was all it took for wilder to recover? if he wasn't given that time, ortiz would've knocked him out?
The problem is the ref couldve easily stopped it if he wanted to when Wilder was getting tee'd off in the corner and not answering back for 30 seconds

Wouldn't say Ortiz got obliterated last time, but he's more than likely getting obliterated this time.
He got KTFO. If you don't count that as being obliterated then fair enough.

Luis looks younger now than ever.
Id say 40ish

luissss.jpg

Expecting Wilder/Stiverne 2 all over again.

Wilder may very well KO Ortiz early, but we should not expect anything close to Wilder/Stiverne 2

Leading up to that fight, the clips of Stiverne's training were so pathetic. He was exercising like a grandma who broke her hip and was in rehab. I had posted a number on here, and people agreed they were embarrassed for him, to be a professional athelete and decide those were clips he should post.

I think this is a closer fight than the board thinks tbh

I can't shake what happened last time. I am sorry but I just can't

Ortiz was boxing his ass up for like 9 round and hurt him badly in one of them.

Yes he got caught and I acknowledge Wilder's greatness and power

But this seems like a real dangerous fight to me

I agree with this. I jokingly picked Ortiz in overtime... but am actually picking Wilder.

That being said, this is still a good, competitive fight, tho not PPV worthy at this point.

Ortiz has had a while to analyze the last fight and make adjustments. He is vastly more experience than Wilder and I feel is more apt to make adjustments from the previous fight.

Wilder showed great mental and physical fortitude in the last fight, but in the first fight, and also the Fury fight, he is not good at making adjustments. He just keeps throwing and hoping it will land. Granted, in both those fights, he did land.

I expect a closer fight than most are, but am still picking Wilder.

I also dont fault Wilder for this fight, just not worth PPV. Ortiz and Ruiz are booked. Fury has his new contract and eye injury. So what people expect? I just blame fox/showtime. Should have been on regular FOX to help hype up the Fury rematch (assuming that is next). Otherwise fight Ruiz next (despite wi or lose for Ruiz, since both PBC). Even if Ruiz loses in December, wilder could create a great narrative by obliterating him, and looking better than AJ

The problem is the ref couldve easily stopped it if he wanted to when Wilder was getting tee'd off in the corner and not answering back for 30 seconds
meh, maybe.

but had the ref stopped it, the fans would've lost their shit. everyone would scream premature stoppage, and you know it. wilder was still tying him up and trying to slow him down... he was getting hit hard, but he was still there. when the round ended he looked off-balance for about a second, then walked to his corner straight, shaking his head. he was hurt, but he wasn't out on his feet.

Ortiz is training with Victor Conte, I think he’s good for making guys look like they are in shape, I’m not convinced he’s great for improving boxers as a whole.

Back