Wilder vs Molina

I think Wilder looked fine. I am very impressed with how he is handling the pressure, staying relaxed, and as people said, his stamina.

He seems to be a saying the right things as well. I think he could lose to any top guy, but can also beat them. I think Wlad is the only clear favorite over him.

Joshua is a glorified bum buster at this point. Easy to look good against the 68th ranked HW. Needs some game opponents..

Wilder just demonstrated that it's not easy by looking like dog shit against a chinless bum that was brought in to make him look good.

Joshua's progression thus far in his career is so laughably ahead of where Wilder was at during a similar point in his career. It took Wilder four or five years to get to the level where Joshua is at right now.

His offense looked great and it was totally lopsided.

A great offence requires variety, of which Wilder has absolutely none.

Wilder just demonstrated that it's not easy by looking like dog shit against a chinless bum that was brought in to make him look good.

Joshua's progression thus far in his career is so laughably ahead of where Wilder was at during a similar point in his career. It took Wilder four or five years to get to the level where Joshua is at right now.

A great offence requires variety, of which Wilder has absolutely none.

Molina would fat and away be Joshua's toughest opponent to date. We have no idea how he'd do..

So true.

Wilder is an accident waiting to happen, everyone knows, deep down.
Lets see what world beater they put him in with next. Not a chance in hell he fights Povetkin.

Because stalking someone and throwing the same telegraphed punch over and over = great offence.

Log off, bruv.

When its working, and working well, why change it?

All the killers he's been wrecking.

Its comical that people are shitting on Wilder calling him a hype job yet then theyre blowing Joshua up.

Molina would fat and away be Joshua's toughest opponent to date. We have no idea how he'd do..

I think he'd walk through him. Far too much power. Joshua blew out Love in 2 when it took Molina 8 rounds.

Its comical that people are shitting on Wilder calling him a hype job yet then theyre blowing Joshua up.

You do realise Joshua has had 13 fights?
If like wilder, he is still fighting bums at the 30 mark, you will have a point.
Btw Joshua is straining at the leash to fight the top guys, something which however creative your procrastination, could never be said about Deontay:)

If like wilder, he is still fighting bums at the 30 mark, you will have a point.
Btw Joshua is straining at the leash to fight the top guys, something which however creative your procrastination, could never be said about Deontay:)

Ohhh so then its too early to be crowning Joshua the king....? Got it.

They're the same. Anthony Joshua seems to have talent but to date he's a glorified can crusher.

Guy fought a 47 year old Matt Skelton. His highest ranked opponent was 65. His opponents have been worse than Wilders frankly..

Ohhh so then its too early to be crowning Joshua the king....? Got it.

Have we crowned Deontay or something? If so I think we can take it back after that display against Molina.

Joshua is just one fight behind Deontay when he fought Stiverne which was Deontays first proper test. Joshua will hopefully get someone like Thompson next. Joshua has pretty much caught up to Deontay in half as many fights.

They're the same. Anthony Joshua seems to have talent but to date he's a glorified can crusher.

Guy fought a 47 year old Matt Skelton. His highest ranked opponent was 65. His opponents have been worse than Wilders frankly..

Worse than Wilders at what stage of their careers? Wilder fought Gavern in his 32nd fight... Joshua fought him in his 11th and finished him quicker. Before that was Wilders highest ranked opponent to date in Malik Scott at 24th. Joshua is due to fight against a much higher ranked opponent next if he gets Price (27th) or Thompson (7th). Or it could be against Dillian Whyte who even though he's ranked much lower is a much more capable opponent than any of Wilders bar Stiverne imho.

Worse than Wilders at what stage of their careers? Wilder fought Gavern in his 32nd fight... Joshua fought him in his 11th and finished him quicker. Before that was Wilders highest ranked opponent to date in Malik Scott at 24th. Joshua is due to fight against a much higher ranked opponent next if he gets Price (27th) or Thompson (7th). Or it could be against Dillian Whyte who even though he's ranked much lower is a much more capable opponent than any of Wilders bar Stiverne imho.

Exactly. Dillian Whyte is ranked 82 at boxrec. 82!! And you're saying he's a tougher test than Molina or Malik Scott. Ooooookaaayyy. Gavern was a tuneup for the Stiverne fight not a step up in comp.

Have we crowned Deontay or something? If so I think we can take it back after that display against Molina.

Joshua is just one fight behind Deontay when he fought Stiverne which was Deontays first proper test. Joshua will hopefully get someone like Thompson next. Joshua has pretty much caught up to Deontay in half as many fights.

Ya his completely lopsided fight was really awful.

Joshua hasnt caught up at all, as he hasnt fought anyone. Lol at you saying Whyte is better than Wilder's opponents. How ridiculous.

Exactly. Dillian Whyte is ranked 82 at boxrec. 82!! And you're saying he's a tougher test than Molina or Malik Scott. Ooooookaaayyy. Gavern was a tuneup for the Stiverne fight not a step up in comp.

His UK bias is showing badly.

:rolleyes: So now you two are comparing Joshua's opponents after 13 fights to Wilder's after 34. That in itself tells a story.
Personally, I can't envisage AJ picking easy fights up to 20, let alone 30. His boxing fundamentals are streets ahead of Wilder.

And? Lomachenko is ranked 10 at FW, but who do you think has a remote chance of beating him other than Walters?
Audley Harrison was ranked higher than Deontay when they fought but Wilder was a big favourite. And the odds were proved correct when Deontay took him out in just over a minute of round 1. Rankings aren't everything...
Yes I think Whyte would KO both Molina and Malik Scott if they fought tomorrow.

I never said Gavern was anything but a tune up fight but the fact is in his 32nd fight Deontay is fighting a level of opposition that Joshua did in his 11th.

Back