Wilder vs Molina

Molina was tough as they come, Wilder showed a few weaknesses, but then again those can be worked on. I still think an equally heavy handed puncher could give him fits, but good win and he needs to improve prior to Povetkin.

Molina was tough as they come, Wilder showed a few weaknesses, but then again those can be worked on. I still think an equally heavy handed puncher could give him fits, but good win and he needs to improve prior to Povetkin.

Wilder is settling into a nice little pattern. Eat a guy up with the jab, I mean throw double the punches and then set up the hook or right hand. The compubox disparity was insane last night. He should cruise to a wide decision unless Povetkin can not somehow get inside..

Wilder is overhyped as hell. He would not do well in the heavyweight scene in the 90s. The fact that Molina rocked him badly says a lot. Imagine what even old Foreman would have done to Wilder.

Hes not really hyped at all. No one really thinks hell beat Wlad, and most arent confident hell beat Povetkin.

It doesnt say much at all, imo. Getting cracked once in the course of a fight isnt exactly a big deal when you dont lose because of it. What top dog hasnt eaten a bomb?

Wilder is settling into a nice little pattern. Eat a guy up with the jab, I mean throw double the punches and then set up the hook or right hand. The compubox disparity was insane last night. He should cruise to a wide decision unless Povetkin can not somehow get inside..

This. His cumulative effects are pretty devastating. I want to see him start going to the body more.

I just gave this another whirl, sober. That right hand was nasty, and the left was pretty brutal. Wilder felt it but people are overreacting. He ate it and was never in serious trouble from it.

He doesnt want to get popped like that vs Povetkin, but hes handling big time shots pretty well. Stiverne and now this one.

I just gave this another whirl, sober. That right hand was nasty, and the left was pretty brutal. Wilder felt it but people are overreacting. He ate it and was never in serious trouble from it.

Molina has heavy hands man. Wilder found that out haha

That left hand he slipped in at the end of the 4th was fucking crazy. If his follow up straight had landed before Molina fell that dude would be in the hospital.

Hes not really hyped at all. No one really thinks hell beat Wlad, and most arent confident hell beat Povetkin.

It doesnt say much at all, imo. Getting cracked once in the course of a fight isnt exactly a big deal when you dont lose because of it. What top dog hasnt eaten a bomb?

Agreed, but he got cracked because he tends to lean straight back when dodging punches. He didn't correct this even after getting stung by Molina. His corner was telling to stop going straight back the whole fight. He kept doing it. A better fighter will set traps and exploit that flaw if Wilder doesn't correct it.

Good fight though. Molina was game, but Wilder is a monster.

Agreed, but he got cracked because he tends to lean straight back when dodging punches. He didn't correct this even after getting stung by Molina. His corner was telling to stop going straight back the whole fight. He kept doing it. A better fighter will set traps and exploit that flaw if Wilder doesn't correct it.

Good fight though. Molina was game, but Wilder is a monster.

Yep hes relying on his length rather than his feet to get him out. Povetkin can do it but man thats a scary dude to come in on. He showed some better punch control last night when he was tagging Molina. Normally starts throwing those crazy ass haymakers.

Really hope to see him start taking it downstairs when he has them covering up. Id imagine guys cant take more than a couple digs to the guts from him before they drop their hands.

This kind of fight is good for Wilder. Shows he still has a lot of work to do and still won easily. I guess I'm in the minority because I still think he stops Povetkin.

His offense looked great and it was totally lopsided.

"Rock badly" is hyperbole. He did just fine.

This. Wilder looked good and Molina didn't quit when he got hurt like he did vs Arreola.

And whoever said Wilder wouldn't do well in the HW division of the 90s- there is not one fighter active today that would dominate that era.

I'm watching the fight now. Wilder ate a couple bad shots in round 3, but his chin held up. Molina is actually a pretty good puncher, so I guess Wilder's chin isn't as bad as people once were trying to make it out to be.

I'm watching the fight now. Wilder ate a couple bad shots in round 3, but his chin held up. Molina is actually a pretty good puncher, so I guess Wilder's chin isn't as bad as people once were trying to make it out to be.

After Stiverne and last night Im not concerned about his chin. Cant be ruled a liability anymore imo. Every HW can put the others lights out but hes taking shots well.

Most importantly he is staying composed during them.

Just finished the fight. The takeaways are that Wilder's chin is decent and most importantly he recovers well. Also, his power is the real deal. Not only his right, which is brutal, but also his left hook has a lot behind it as well. He has a very effective jab too, which I'm glad to see because earlier in his career I felt like his jab was a bit weak for a 6'7 guy.

He needs to work on his defense a bit, he leaves his chin out there at times and that can get him knocked out against Povetkin. But at this point, every fight is more experience and an opportunity for him to get better. I am willing to bet this fight makes him a better fighter.

Also, how about Deontay's stamina? Dude looked fresh in round 9.

Just finished the fight. The takeaways are that Wilder's chin is decent and most importantly he recovers well. Also, his power is the real deal. Not only his right, which is brutal, but also his left hook has a lot behind it as well. He has a very effective jab too, which I'm glad to see because earlier in his career I felt like his jab was a bit weak for a 6'7 guy.

He needs to work on his defense a bit, he leaves his chin out there at times and that can get him knocked out against Povetkin. But at this point, every fight is more experience and an opportunity for him to get better. I am willing to bet this fight makes him a better fighter.

Also, how about Deontay's stamina? Dude looked fresh in round 9.

Stamina is a big take away. Hes gotten some very good work in his last two fights.

Given what he has shown, which directly contradicts what he was criticized/questioned for, I believe Wilder is serious business in the division.

Joshua beats Wilder now. In 18 months time it will be an absolute massacre.

Molina did very well for himself, I like Wilder but Molina had me rooting for him at the end.

I was very impressed with Wilders jab. It can be a big weapon for him as well as his stamina. He's learning to pace himself. This was a great fight for him as far as being a teaching tool.

He's still got a ton to learn but he's on his way. A better fighter would have pounced on him when he got hurt in the 3rd and he's still prone to those wild ass haymakers he used to throw so much, although no longer as often. Due to his height and reach he still relies on that too much for defense which he'll need to sharpen up if he's to contend against the big boys.

I know mostly everyone says he gets wrecked by Povetkin but I honestly think it's a toss up. I can't remember the last time Povetkin fought someone with Wilders reach, height, power, athleticism, and stamina.

This kind of fight is good for Wilder. Shows he still has a lot of work to do and still won easily. I guess I'm in the minority because I still think he stops Povetkin.

Joshua beats Wilder now. In 18 months time it will be an absolute massacre.

Joshua is a glorified bum buster at this point. Easy to look good against the 68th ranked HW. Needs some game opponents..

Molina did very well for himself, I like Wilder but Molina had me rooting for him at the end.

I was very impressed with Wilders jab. It can be a big weapon for him as well as his stamina. He's learning to pace himself. This was a great fight for him as far as being a teaching tool.

He's still got a ton to learn but he's on his way. A better fighter would have pounced on him when he got hurt in the 3rd and he's still prone to those wild ass haymakers he used to throw so much, although no longer as often. Due to his height and reach he still relies on that too much for defense which he'll need to sharpen up if he's to contend against the big boys.

I know mostly everyone says he gets wrecked by Povetkin but I honestly think it's a toss up. I can't remember the last time Povetkin fought someone with Wilders reach, height, power, athleticism, and stamina.

I think Povetkin is going to have a horrible time. Molina outreaches Sasha by 4" with heavier hands and didn't really get inside much to.do much damage. Very tough fight for Povetkin

Back