Wilder vs Fury 2 Feb.22nd FOX/ESPN joined PPV

He talks utter rubbish most of the time. He’s on a winde up imo. Didn’t he claim to give his purse for the first wilder fight to charity?
Yeah, he was later asked about donating his purse to charity and he said that he did. The problem is nobody believes him. I'm sure he didn't keep what he pledged. Eddie mentioned it as well lol.

I think AJ-Fury would be much more competitive and closer in nature than most believe. When you actually break it down AJ does have some advantages and even where he's at a disadvantage he should be able to hold his own. Like Yacob said at mid range he's better than Fury undoubtedly and on the inside his combination of size, physical strength, power, and punch selection would be an interesting test for Fury. Even out at range he may be able to do much better than some would expect given his jab is a bit underrated IMO and he moves well.
I think his next fight or 2 we'll see how much he's improved from outside.

I'm fascinated to find out whether the AJ we saw in December, or whenever that Saudi fight was, is a "new aj" or if he just made an extreme adjustment for one specific matchup

I saw a documentary about Gypsy bare knuckle fighters and that was like a common thing for the older ones to do. Soak hands in gasoline to make them harder. So I wouldn't be surprised if true.
What was that called....Knuckle?

That was the doc with old Joe Joyce etc right?

I think his next fight or 2 we'll see how much he's improved from outside.

I'm fascinated to find out whether the AJ we saw in December, or whenever that Saudi fight was, is a "new aj" or if he just made an extreme adjustment for one specific matchup
We'll know when he fights Fury but that could be a while if him and Wilder do the third fight immediately. The AJ we saw in December was forced IMO to go back to the basics and lean much more on his amateur pedigree than in his previous form. It's always a possibility that a guy like Fury gets the better of him on the outside and rather than sticking with that approach and adjusting he reverts back to how he fought previously. Outboxing Ruiz is much easier than Fury obviously but even so it did reveal a few things that could really serve him well going forward in his career.

We'll know when he fights Fury but that could be a while if him and Wilder do the third fight immediately. The AJ we saw in December was forced IMO to go back to the basics and lean much more on his amateur pedigree than in his previous form. It's always a possibility that a guy like Fury gets the better of him on the outside and rather than sticking with that approach and adjusting he reverts back to how he fought previously. Outboxing Ruiz is much easier than Fury obviously but even so it did reveal a few things that could really serve him well going forward in his career.
AJ wont try and outbox fury as he doesn't fear his power we would be mainly back to his old ways vs Fury just with more jabbing and patient build up

AJ wont try and outbox fury as he doesn't fear his power we would be mainly back to his old ways vs Fury just with more jabbing and patient build up
Outboxing Fury wouldn't be his primary strategy no but we'll see how he does out at range against him. We'll likely see AJ mix it up a bit with more of a boxer/puncher strategy.

I love that doc....gonna have to watch that again, it's been a minute since I've seen it
Was thinking the same I remember it being pretty good but not great.... I dont know why but Hoop Dreams and Pulling John are my favorite sports documentaries

Was thinking the same I remember it being pretty good but not great.... I dont know why but Hoop Dreams and Pulling John are my favorite sports documentaries
Oh fuck yeah dude Hoop Dreams was the shit

I'm watching this atm https://www.itv.com/hub/tyson-fury-the-gyspy-king-coming-soon/7a0148 but I'm not sure how easy it'd be for anyone outside the UK to see it. It's the first of 3. It seems more reality tv than boxing but it's still interesting.

Fury has 3 sons called Prince, lol wtf. Prince Adonis Amaziah, Prince John James and Prince Tyson Fury II.
His daughters didn't do that much better they're Venezuela and Valencia Amber.

i rwatched the fury vs wlad fight … crazy that wlad wasnt able to bully fury in the clinch.

fury even said " hes weak … hes weak"

furys raw strength is legit

That was a dark day for Wlad and his fans. Fury made Wlad his bitch that day, to be honest. And I am a Wlad fan. And Fury is 250 pounds and a giant so yea.

But lets not forget Wlad was 39 and Fury most probably on Nandrolone.

That was a dark day for Wlad and his fans. Fury made Wlad his bitch that day, to be honest. And I am a Wlad fan. And Fury is 250 pounds and a giant so yea.

But lets not forget Wlad was 39 and Fury most probably on Nandrolone.
Fury did fuck all tbh.

Fury did fuck all tbh.

I can somehow agree with that, but it still felt he won it more than Wlad. What he "did" was that game of doing juuust enough and that in perfection, very boring. One of the worst higher level fights I have seen in terms of entertainment.

Edit: the "bitch" was due to Fury executing exaclty what he wanted to.

That's the best documentary of all time in my opinion.
I have a hard time arguing that. Nothing inspired a young yacob and my friends like Hoop Dreams back in middle school haha.

Legitimately one of the best pieces of film I've seen so far

I have a hard time arguing that. Nothing inspired a young yacob and my friends like Hoop Dreams back in middle school haha.

Legitimately one of the best pieces of film I've seen so far
Hoop Dreams 2 was good and has a way better ending. But it doesn't compare to the 1st. That saxophone music too epic. Lmao

Hoop Dreams 2 was good and has a way better ending. But it doesn't compare to the 1st. That saxophone music too epic. Lmao
I wish Benji Wilson was in Hoop Dreams.

Kid could ball, man...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back