Wilder vs Duhaupas will be official shortly...

It's a showcase fight because he's fighting at home and they want to market him there. Deontay wants to be a regular in Alabama.

It's a showcase fight because he's fighting at home and they want to market him there. Deontay wants to be a regular in Alabama.

Congrats on the mod'ship, RR.

Thanks for the vid.

No prob. Interested to hear what you thought of that one, I think the dude is pretty talented. Like his jab and how he strings punches together without over committing.

Thanks dude. It wouldn't have been possible without Clinton Woods

What WOULD have been possible with out Clinton Woods?

*sips gingerly from his Clinton Woods: #1 Dad coffee mug*

Who is this guy?

Ah he beat Charr. Guess he's decent then.

Don't understand the hate for Tony the Tiger in this thread... I bet he would give Wilder serious problems

Don't understand the hate for Tony the Tiger in this thread... I bet he would give Wilder serious problems

Tony's a good fighter.
I don't know if he'd be a better opponent than Duhaupas or not.

But, there is one glaring problem with Tony: He's not good when he's on the defensive. When Klitschko and Price had him moving back and defending that's when he got hurt.... and badly. Price almost won that 2nd fight against him.

But both Klitscho and Price take time off during a fight. Price seems to punch himself out a bit.

Against Wilder? A guy just as tall as Price and Klitschko who has an offensive burst that lasts longer than both and punches equally as hard?

I could see Wilder finishing Tony very early.

Wilder knocks Tony out within 4 rounds and everyone bitches that he fought a 43 year old passed his prime.

It's not a bad match up at all. Not thrilling but at least interesting. The guys he should fight are busy with other fights. The division itself is pretty empty at the mid to top level.

Duhaupas looks to have good skill... The problem is he is not very aggressive, doesn't seem to have much power and spend a lot of time moving around the ring along the ropes. He's a good test for an up and coming prospect, not a world champion. Jennings, Thompson, Teper, Mansour, Takam or even Browne would have been better.

Browne sucks but I wanted to see that fight. Thompson dies in the ring with Wilder.

Looking forward to seeing Wilder take a guy with good boxing ability.

How many keep busy fights is this **** gonna have? He took an absolute age to suck it up and challenge for the title and now he's fighting bums, which thinking about it is no great surprise.
Duhaupas is ranked 32, so, there are 30 better alternatives. Wank!

It's embarrassing... Calling yourself the Heavyweight Champ... Then fighting Molina and Duhaupas? Duhaupas would be a good "step up" opponent against Joseph Parker or Anthony Joshua... NOT Deontay Wilder in a championship bout! When was the last time a heavyweight champion fought competition this weak two fights in a row?

Look at past heavyweight champions after winning titles....at least Wilder is active....he is fighting ranked opponents with credible records while waiting for the Povetkin #1 contender fight in early 2016. Would you rather have him just sitting around?....A fight with Joshua and with Parker should be developed to create maxinmum buzz and interest which translates into dollars....They don't make sense now just to appease hardcore forum posters.

True he is staying active...but against absolute nobodies. Lots of heavies took tough fights after winning titles... Buster took a chance and fought Holyfield, he could have taken the Wilder route and fought Jimmy Thunder, then Rocky Sekorski instead I guess. Lennox KO's Ruddock, then fights guys like Tucker. Heck, a good recent example is David Lemieux, just won his belt and jumps into the fire against GGG... He could do the Wilder and fight Bryan Vera or go looking for Jaidon Codrington... That's what Adonis Stevenson is doing.

It's embarrassing... Calling yourself the Heavyweight Champ... Then fighting Molina and Duhaupas? Duhaupas would be a good "step up" opponent against Joseph Parker or Anthony Joshua... NOT Deontay Wilder in a championship bout! When was the last time a heavyweight champion fought competition this weak two fights in a row?

lol like any HW champ ever. Almost everyone joined the Joe Louis bum of the month club at some point or another. Still a shitty fight tho

BOMBSQUUUUAD:icon_chee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back