Wilder vs Duhaupas will be official shortly...

ssx

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/298039...ight-will-be-held-in-legacy-arena-at-the-bjcc

While Johann Duhaupas may be "decent" this is not the sort of fight a guy who claims he is the future of the division should be taking. I'm nowhere near sold on Wilder, and if Duahupas has a decent chin, which he may have since he went the distance with Teper who recently KO'ed David Price. Who knows maybe he could pull the upset. I'm guessing Wilder's team knows his chin may be shaky and they are going to protect him from aggressive punchers until they can secure a big payday. What doesn't really make sense to me is Wilder is a work in progress and can't run from Povetkin much longer...why fight a guy who in no way resembles Povetkin? Nothing to learn here...Maybe this will be George Foreman-Axel Shultz all over again.

NBCSN card-

HW- Charles Martin vs Vicente Sandez
JMW- Terrell Gausha vs Eliezer Gonzalez

8 PST/11 EST.

Povetkin wasnt possible, so thats not even really relevant.

This is much better that him fighting Nipples.

Except that Povetkin's handlers said he couldnt fight in September and he is already scheduled to fight Wach in November.

Just lol at this.

I read though on boxingscene a while ago that Povetkin said Wilders team wanted to fight someone else before him and Povetkins team obliged. So according to Povetkin Wilder avoided him this time.

It is what it is, I'm just afraid we might no see this at all.

How can anyone dog on UFC matchmaking when a HW champ continuously signs up to fights nobody wants to see?

Mismatch fight. Wilder destroys Duhaupas.

It's embarrassing... Calling yourself the Heavyweight Champ... Then fighting Molina and Duhaupas? Duhaupas would be a good "step up" opponent against Joseph Parker or Anthony Joshua... NOT Deontay Wilder in a championship bout! When was the last time a heavyweight champion fought competition this weak two fights in a row?

I read though on boxrec a while ago that Povetkin said Wilders team wanted to fight someone else before him and Povetkins team obliged. So according to Povetkin Wilder avoided him this time.

It is what it is, I'm just afraid we might no see this at all.

Povetkin's own trainer said he couldnt fight in September, so a finger cant really be blamed at either of them.

And we may not unfortunately. I dont think Povetkin will want to come here or Wilder go there.

This is Adonis Stevenson level of BS to try and keep the belt safe.

Wilder- 228.6
Duhaupas- 236

Breazeale- 258.2
Kassi- 222.6

Martin- 247.8
Sandez- 249.4

Gausha- 154.6
Gonzalez- 154.4

While Im not sold on Duhaupas, I like this fight much better than if it were Arreola. Still not pleased that the so called future of the division is fighting nobodies. He needs to be taking fights to get him ready for Povetkin and these are not it.

Duhaupas! Duhaupas!! Duhaupas!!! Duhaupas!!!! Duhaupas!!!!! Duhaupas!!!!!! Duhaupas!!!!!!! Duhaupas!!!!!!!! Duhaupas!!!!!!!!! DUHAUPAS!!!!!!!!!!

Meh, could be worse. My expectations arent exactly high after the Molina fight though.

Shit fight, he holds a world title for fucks sake. He may as well dig a hole and bury the belt in Alabama, as his belts safe as houses if these are gonna be the standard of his defences. I know the usual 'the guy didn't have a long am career', 'they bringing him on slowly' defence, but he's got a belt now, so whether he's been boxing 2 years or 20, those arguments are now bollocks.

Wasn't that a Rammstein song?

Who do you guys think he shoud fight instead? Not saying this is a great fight but who else is there? HW is garbage right now.

Who do you guys think he shoud fight instead? Not saying this is a great fight but who else is there? HW is garbage right now.

Dunno if they are viable options at the moment.

Tony Thompson
Bryant Jennings
Mike Perez

Not many options tho.

0056.gif

What time is this on? I'm out of the states and trying to stay awake.

I see you there X, no funny business. Unless it's funny.

5:30 westcoast time.
So less than an hour

I didn't see it... but if his MD over Charr is legit then I don't see why this isn't at least an okay fight for Wilder.

Looking forward to this one!! I love it.....Boxing and UFC, and HW's in 1 night

I didn't see it... but if his MD over Charr is legit then I don't see why this isn't at least an okay fight for Wilder.

Because people dont know who he is, thats it. I had Duhaupus by 2 but it was a very good fight.

There is nothing wrong with this as a voluntary. Povetkin wasnt avoided to take this fight and the guy is no bum. Folks just dont know him.

Lol at Thompson being better.

Being better than Duhaupas?

I don't necessarily have a problem with Wilder fighting Duhaupas... and that's only from looking at his record and seeing he has a win over Charr (an MD). But I know nothing about the guy.

Do you know something about Duhaupas that would make you think he's that much better than Thompson?

I boxrec'd him and saw the MD over Charr too and thought that was credible enough for a fill in fight especially if Wilder plans on fighting Fury or Klitschko in 2016.

Being better than Duhaupas?

I don't necessarily have a problem with Wilder fighting Duhaupas... and that's only from looking at his record and seeing he has a win over Charr (an MD). But I know nothing about the guy.

Do you know something about Duhaupas that would make you think he's that much better than Thompson?

Hes not a washed up 43 year old. And for the ranking nazis, Thompson is a whopping 2 spots higher right now.

Watch the Charr fight imo.

Back